Best Might and Magic series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterofMatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterofMatty
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts

The originals, heroes or Dark Messiah? Which is your favourite. You can just pick out a specific game and say that was your favourite all in all if you want.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts
Heroes of might and magic 3. Although I'm really liking Homm 6 right now.
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
That is hard... Messiah was meh, average and buggy. There are only a few of the games that are good from Might and magic and everyone know that there is no IX. Heroes... Well 3,5,4 is ok... 6th is average meh Good question :> Heroes or Might and magic Messiah have no reason to be there
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

I prefer the original RPGs first, then Heroes and in the last position all the spin-offs.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

The originals. World of Xeen is one of the best RPGs of the 90s.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
overall heroes, then the rpgs and don't really cared for the others
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

The original RPG series, and the "Heroes" spinoff are all good to great games.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Original series by far.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

Dark Messiah was an awesome game dudes, im not sure what you are on about, but if u have not finished the game, at least give it a spin today (yea, the graphics are still decent), the story is great, it's immersive and it's alot of fun combat as well- and the bug's have been splattered..

So, for me it's actually Dark Messiah, allthou I have fond memories of homm III - I think homm VI is a good game as well thou, still, im now doing the orc campaign (second last) and I find the game to be a little repetative.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

Dark Messiah was an awesome game dudes, im not sure what you are on about, but if u have not finished the game, at least give it a spin today (yea, the graphics are still decent), the story is great, it's immersive and it's alot of fun combat as well- and the bug's have been splattered..

So, for me it's actually Dark Messiah, allthou I have fond memories of homm III - I think homm VI is a good game as well thou, still, im now doing the orc campaign (second last) and I find the game to be a little repetative.

Walincas
Did we play the same game? Lots of bugs (yes some of them got fixed), bad story, unbalanced and boring combat, One of the top worst endings in a game... ever. In that list i dont count in low budget or indie games.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Heroes then Dark Messiah, never liked the RPGs ^ You're joking if you say the combat is boring, from the action adventure games and RPGs, Dark Messiah and Gothic 2 have by far the best and most interesting combat systems.
Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

How a great a story in a game is, will allways be up to the individual to judge, but things like combat and number of bugs, are not up to the "individual" and in dark messiah, there are many details in the combat, many ways to kill your foes and the combat is fluent - that is a fact.

Now wether you like the combat system or not, is also individual. The number of bugs splattered is also a question of "math" before they had 5 bugs, now they have 1 - again I have no clue how many they had in the start of Dark messiah or how many the game got left - what I do know, however - is that I did not run into a single bug, at all.