Best GFX card for both Auto CAD and gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Topic title says it all. I don't know much about CAD nor the best GFX card that can do CAD and gaming at the same time. What would be a good solution? Because I'm helping a former co worker build a PC for his architect work as well as playing games like Arma III and other war base games.

His budget is $1000 and he's getting an i7 and 8 GB of RAM.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Topic title says it all. I don't know much about CAD nor the best GFX card that can do CAD and gaming at the same time. What would be a good solution? Because I'm helping a former co worker build a PC for his architect work as well as playing games like Arma III and other war base games.

So far, he's getting an i7 4770k and 8 GB DDR3 2133 Mhz. He's trying to limit a PC for 1,000 USD.

i7/Xeon/FX8 series along with 16Gb RAM is needed, now if you want good GPU for editing and gaming at the same time I recommend the Titan.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

I'd go for the Titan as well.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FireEmblem_Man

Maybe I didn't make it clear, he's budgetting a PC build for $1000 USD, so let us subtract the i7 and RAM off for now, because a Titan won't fit in his budget.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

So far, he's getting an i7 4770k and 8 GB DDR3 2133 Mhz. He's trying to limit a PC for 1,000 USD.

i7/Xeon/FX8 series along with 16Gb RAM is needed, now if you want good GPU for editing and gaming at the same time I recommend the Titan.

And you have gone by the 1000$ mark by miles.

Wouldn't he benefit from I7 extreme?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@horgen123 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

That really depends on his prioreties, also on which settings does he wishes to play ARMA 3

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FireEmblem_Man

@PredatorRules said:

@horgen123 said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

That really depends on his prioreties, also on which settings does he wishes to play ARMA 3

He'll be gaming on his TV, I plan on giving him both Steam OS and Windows 8.1 Pro so the best he can play ARMA is at high settings

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

You dont need to get a Titan. Just get a GTX 780 or 780ti. Or even a 770. Auto cad's performance is influenced by motherboard chipset and harddrive speed too. You will not see any real difference with intels six core cpu's or Xeon based cpu's.

Just pick up a i7 4770k (for overclocking) pick up an ASUS based Z87,motherboard and one of those GTX 770 or better cards and make sure to get an SSD like SAmsung EVO's. and he will be set.