This topic is locked from further discussion.

hoopking92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hoopking92
Member since 2005 • 214 Posts

Hey Guys,

So while watching the South Park WOW episode i feel a sudden urge to play a really good MMO. I dont know how long ill want to play so i think a safe bet would be to get involved in a free MMO that i would have fun playing with friends.

So PC board, does such and MMO exist?

and please dont say Runescape

w4rrior17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 w4rrior17
Member since 2010 • 943 Posts
Always wanted to do this!!1 [ ] Good [ ] Free [ ] MMO Pick 2 :p
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="w4rrior17"]Always wanted to do this!!1 [ ] Good [ ] Free [ ] MMO Pick 2 :p

So true... But I must say LOTRO.....FREE this FALL !!! It's an awesome MMORPG already, so when it goes free it will blow every other free one out of the water...
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Lord of the rings online when it launches I'm signing up for it. :)
joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

LotR will be a great choice as mentioned above, but in the meantime, you could check out Perfect World International. It's not a graphics tour de force by any means, but it might keep your attention for a few months.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i thought Cabal online was a pretty good free MMO...
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

wait for Vindictus

Thunderlip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Thunderlip
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts

I had the most fun withSilkroad Online. Yes, it is a grind fest. But there is a lot of cool things you can do. And the fact that LOTRO is going to be FREE rocks my socks!

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

I tried finding a good free mmo for years playing hundreds of bad korean grindfests, until i finally gave into the temptation that is WoW.

Good free mmo's do NOT exist.

Out of the one's i played Allod's Online and Runes Of Magic are the best. And like the others said LOTRO when it releases.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Rune of Magic is free, with cash shop, but nothing they sell in the cash shop is vital to advancing the game. They sell shortcuts, not highways. It has a very good community, much bigger and nicer than I expected when I started to play. As long as you're not a jerk in chat, they're very helpful, and the dual-class system works very well. Definitely worth a shot... just be fore-warned, downloading the client takes forever. Literally, it took me a full weekend just to download the client and updates. It's well worth the wait though.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"]Rune of Magic is free, with cash shop, but nothing they sell in the cash shop is vital to advancing the game. They sell shortcuts, not highways. It has a very good community, much bigger and nicer than I expected when I started to play. As long as you're not a jerk in chat, they're very helpful, and the dual-class system works very well. Definitely worth a shot... just be fore-warned, downloading the client takes forever. Literally, it took me a full weekend just to download the client and updates. It's well worth the wait though.

I played it for a few weeks and it looks like lots of work went into it.... but it was waayyyyy too much WoW clone. Like the RADAR was EXACTLY the same as WoW....
BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BDK-Soft
Member since 2009 • 795 Posts
Anarchy Online probably.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Guild Wars was good a long time ago. It's kinda dead now though... You still have to actually buy the game, but it's free to play after that. I dunno if that's free enough for you :P

SideSwiped_LoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SideSwiped_LoG
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Face of Mankind is a decent free Sci-fi MMO. It's pure RP though.

Nino_ze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Nino_ze
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts

well you have the upcoming LotRO, then a good MMO Cabal online and Floresia, are not bad

Avatar image for Dark_Lycan_Game
Dark_Lycan_Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dark_Lycan_Game
Member since 2006 • 41 Posts
Do you like Beat'em Ups? Dungeon Fighter Online! :D But the best WoW like MMOs are 4 Story, Allods Online,and Runes of Magic. Atlantica Online is sorta like a JRPG where you control multiple characters and fight instanced turn based tactical battles. You can look up more on MMOhut.com and MMORPG.com but be warned that free to play games are anything but fair. There was a video of someone fighting back 8 guys by himself in PVP with cash shop items. Buying all the items that give you power ups is called being 'nossed' or something like that. It's expensive to do it, like $40 a month (items 'expire' you don't keep items you buy in free games anymore). Runescape does it the best, you get a small chuck of the game for free and then you pay to go on real servers and pay it like a normal MMO, no one has unfair advantages. I was just about to play Runescape again actually, I have nostalgia! (it was my first online game, and even my first PC game ever!)! :(
Avatar image for Dark_Lycan_Game
Dark_Lycan_Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dark_Lycan_Game
Member since 2006 • 41 Posts
Also if you can you handle bad graphics to the point say, like, no graphics at all? The early MMORPGs were MUDs (Multi-user Dungeons) purely textbased games and they're STILL around. Most of them are truly free and get by with donations. I recommend Arrd Wolf. I this this website is the best for searching for one; http://www.mudconnect.com/
The_AI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 The_AI
Member since 2006 • 4791 Posts

Wait for LOTRO. Until then, get Steam and download Alien Swarm. It's not an MMO, but it does have RPG elements to it. It's a great overhead shooter that's definitely worth checking out and playing with a few friends.

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

I just got into Runes of Magic, and it is pretty entertaining. The controls aren't as tight as I would like them to be, but I'll live. Its just a hold over until Cataclysm or LotRO comes out, which ever is first.

LasseArpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 LasseArpe
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

When are LOTRO going to be free? Is there a date?

junkrika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 junkrika
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts

Regnum Online