Best Call of Duty player in the world. (Global)

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Starl1ghtz23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Starl1ghtz23
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yo, check this guy out he's insane, he just doesn't die, it's crazy how skilled he is. A shame people are giving him so much hate when he doesn't even camp, he moves around defending a location, using his mind to outsmart his opponents, the guy really plays it smart, he knows what people intend to do, where they intend to go, etc. A lot of his play is based on meta-game. Was checking a lot of other gameplay vids, mostly from dudes playing it on consoles and the people were really mediocre compared to him...I don't know if its a platform issue or something else, but this guy is just taking them back to school tbh. Here is the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVejXuZ1Da0&list=PL50613E38A74C1C31&index=1&feature=plpp_video
RankaiOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 RankaiOwnz
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
you are right he is good
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Mad skill...at convincing people to help him with videos.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

If he is the best player, I must be a God.

Starl1ghtz23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Starl1ghtz23
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Dude what are you talking about? He didn't die once. In two videos.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
FMG9 Akimbos ahahahaha For people thinking of watching, don't. He stays in the same stairwell for 8 minutes.
flashback01231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flashback01231
Member since 2003 • 255 Posts

lol serious, FFA? whoop di do

do that on a tactical map, or holding a point where people would work as a team and take him out but FFA isnt really skill in my book.

Seems like he is pumping himself up more then anything, imo

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Mad skill...at convincing people to help him with videos.DanielDust

Exactly what I was going to say. It's blatently obvious.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Mad skill...at convincing people to help him with videos.Phoenix534

Exactly what I was going to say. It's blatently obvious.

Athene does what Athene does best, being a troll, "used" to be cool.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
>Best in the world at COD Hahahahahahaha aaah, would you like more killstreaks with that?
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
As Call of Duty requires minimal skill to excel at I fail to see how being named the "Best Call of Duty Player" means anything at all. Really the only games which require some degree of skill are games that have the ability to played competitively such as Starcraft, Wc3, Dota, Hon etc. Hence the reason why you never see Call of Duty at major E-sports events.
Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

I wouldn't say that people were helping him, but he is certainly not great.

Although he claims it is not camping... it is. He claims the warfare theory as his reason for staying in the same place, but in real warfare you don't stay in one place moron. There are objectives, helping your squad, pushing a position, MOVEMENT, etc. He runs around with dual smgs and has an elevated position. I think I only heard a grenade once go off in his area. Of course he is going to own, but that is not necessarily skill...

And he has got to be one of the most annoying dbags I have ever heard. At first I thought it was kinda funny and really appreciated his "like a boss" reference, but after a while I got that he was not kidding... he really is an egoist that just loves to hear his own voice and push out videos promoting how awesome he is. If he comes out with a video showing him do some actual skillful playing and a game that does not allow spraying (CS for example), I might be convinced, but I would def watch it on mute.

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ColdExistence
Member since 2011 • 974 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"]As Call of Duty requires minimal skill to excel at I fail to see how being named the "Best Call of Duty Player" means anything at all. Really the only games which require some degree of skill are games that have the ability to played competitively such as Starcraft, Wc3, Dota, Hon etc. Hence the reason why you never see Call of Duty at major E-sports events.

Quake.
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"]As Call of Duty requires minimal skill to excel at I fail to see how being named the "Best Call of Duty Player" means anything at all. Really the only games which require some degree of skill are games that have the ability to played competitively such as Starcraft, Wc3, Dota, Hon etc. Hence the reason why you never see Call of Duty at major E-sports events. ColdExistence
Quake.

Quake is not COD

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

COD is basically a camping simulator. The game just does not reward agressive playstyle.

dangamit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 dangamit
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts
LOL. AtheneWins is the greatest troll of our time.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Yo, check this guy out he's insane, he just doesn't die, it's crazy how skilled he is. A shame people are giving him so much hate when he doesn't even camp, he moves around defending a location, using his mind to outsmart his opponents, the guy really plays it smart, he knows what people intend to do, where they intend to go, etc. A lot of his play is based on meta-game. Was checking a lot of other gameplay vids, mostly from dudes playing it on consoles and the people were really mediocre compared to him...I don't know if its a platform issue or something else, but this guy is just taking them back to school tbh. Here is the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVejXuZ1Da0&list=PL50613E38A74C1C31&index=1&feature=plpp_videoStarl1ghtz23

I saw he was using AKIMBO and turned off the video.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

COD is basically a camping simulator. The game just does not reward agressive playstyle.

ShimmerMan
Is that sarcasm?
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

What's with the crosshairs on those guns - they seem stupidly accurate.

seercirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 seercirra
Member since 2012 • 311 Posts
I very strongly believe you will find this player is the best in the world. he can win every game on 50 man servers on pc with 0 bullets and 0 frags just a knife and stuns. playing call of duty 4, with no marathon or any of the knifing perks you get from mw2 and 3. his name is thatfknninja check him out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_qDJJ0gktU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hORd0ffJ-uo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxQIS9Epxbk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQq6KSpHMw i also think he has the record knife streak
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

saying "the best cod player" is like saying "the best nose picker"

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

wis3boi
???
seercirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 seercirra
Member since 2012 • 311 Posts
he means cod is **** but you must see the art of the guy i posted. he is seriously flipping good.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
lol best cod player is like who pee's :D.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Very few games require any sort of skill for stomping in pub matches with the exception of a few niche titles like M&B:WFAS, RF3, and Shadowrun although it's pretty hilarious how terrible some players are on mainstream games. Something like this is more indicative of skill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANiSGJgrqyo&hd=1 As for the TC, you probably should've mentioned it's Athene, a lot more people would be interested in the video in that case :P
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Zubinen"]Very few games require any sort of skill for stomping in pub matches with the exception of a few niche titles like M&B:WFAS, RF3, and Shadowrun although it's pretty hilarious how terrible some players are on mainstream games. Something like this is more indicative of skill: As for the TC, you probably should've mentioned it's Athene, a lot more people would be interested in the video in that case :P

That video there, imo it's not really skill when u have memorized where the targets are...
ZOD777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZOD777
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts

Yo, check this guy out he's insane, he just doesn't die, it's crazy how skilled he is. A shame people are giving him so much hate when he doesn't even camp, he moves around defending a location, using his mind to outsmart his opponents, the guy really plays it smart, he knows what people intend to do, where they intend to go, etc. A lot of his play is based on meta-game. Was checking a lot of other gameplay vids, mostly from dudes playing it on consoles and the people were really mediocre compared to him...I don't know if its a platform issue or something else, but this guy is just taking them back to school tbh. Here is the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVejXuZ1Da0&list=PL50613E38A74C1C31&index=1&feature=plpp_videoStarl1ghtz23

Even in 720p COD MW3 looked like Perfect Dark graphics on console. I don't know how defending 2 points while hardly leaving the stairwell is not considered camping. He peeks out a window now and again, then only goes downstairs to retrieve ammo or shoot someone in the back thanks to his motion scanner he dropped at the beginning. It is not a bad idea, but it is pretty cheap. I would hardly call him the best player. Besides, I wonder how well he would do if there were an actual objective to the game. Calling everyone scrubs all the time? What a dbag.

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ColdExistence
Member since 2011 • 974 Posts

[QUOTE="ColdExistence"][QUOTE="Shadowhawk000"]As Call of Duty requires minimal skill to excel at I fail to see how being named the "Best Call of Duty Player" means anything at all. Really the only games which require some degree of skill are games that have the ability to played competitively such as Starcraft, Wc3, Dota, Hon etc. Hence the reason why you never see Call of Duty at major E-sports events. Shadowhawk000

Quake.

Quake is not COD

Yeah, no ****. I was just adding on to your list. One of the more important ones that you left out.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Mad skill...at convincing people to help him with videos.DanielDust
Hahaha exactly.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

wis3boi
True :lol:
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Someone give this guy a tent and a sleeping bag.

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

Man...You can clearly see he is play against noobs. Just look at the people that go into the house where he is camping. Most of them just stay still to let him kill them. If he is the best CoD player then i can't imagine what the worst CoD player will be like....

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Yeah he is probably trolling in the video, but before you start bashing him remember that he is actually one of the best gamers in the world with some notable world firsts in World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2. I think he also has other ones in Civ5 etc.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DanielDust
Yeah he is probably trolling in the video, but before you start bashing him remember that he is actually one of the best gamers in the world with some notable world firsts in World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2. I think he also has other ones in Civ5 etc.V4LENT1NE
Athene is a troll, nothing more, he is good at WoW because that's all he plays, but he's not an out of this world WoW player and he isn't a SC 2 anything, letting other (pro) people play on your account then comment over that replay doesn't mean "you're" good.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

that was IN-TENSE....

Just like camping is IN-TENTS..... get it? High five?? .... come on, no one? :(

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Yeah he is probably trolling in the video, but before you start bashing him remember that he is actually one of the best gamers in the world with some notable world firsts in World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2. I think he also has other ones in Civ5 etc.V4LENT1NE

'World First for Playing over 10,000 hours one one character and not reaching level 20'

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
This guy is a camping moron that interrupts himself to boast his ego...2:48 WTFenough said. My vote would go to a great modest player that doesn't have a youtube video boasting there fragile ego calling there camping strategy art.
rben21232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rben21232
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

I want to see him play Counter Strike and rage quit.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside

that was IN-TENSE....

seanmcloughlin
Even though that joke made me cry (and not of laughter), I'll give you the HIGH FIVE.....u need it.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

that was IN-TENSE....

FelipeInside

Even though that joke made me cry (and not of laughter), I'll give you the HIGH FIVE.....u need it.

self esteem +1 :P

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]FMG9 Akimbos ahahahaha For people thinking of watching, don't. He stays in the same stairwell for 8 minutes.

His narration cracked me up, like one of the comments said he's trolling people who hate camping by making these vids. "see why can't you guys just have fun like I am" If you take every one of his comments with a troll face it's not so bad.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I very strongly believe you will find this player is the best in the world. he can win every game on 50 man servers on pc with 0 bullets and 0 frags just a knife and stuns. playing call of duty 4, with no marathon or any of the knifing perks you get from mw2 and 3. his name is thatfknninja check him out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_qDJJ0gktU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hORd0ffJ-uo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxQIS9Epxbk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQq6KSpHMw i also think he has the record knife streakseercirra

Those are much better videos than the one from the TC; despite knife being overpowered and a scripted insta-kill weapon at least takes a lot of skill and intuition moving as these guy dancing around the enemies and leaving back a ton of corpses as He did.

I also would mark some videos I saw last year in Crysis 2 mp which impressed me due the amount of skill and crazyness involved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISO8RKGM-jM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43638c4jurA&list=UUROp--Hg_j2ocY-XYh8L68w&index=44&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AixQxVU_4wU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7yyoCfWi9M&feature=relmfu

This one is pure madness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CtsBJJUzH4&feature=relmfu

Lgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lgy
Member since 2003 • 849 Posts
碉堡了。。。。。。。。。。。。。。猛啊
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#46 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Don't mention CoD and skill in the same sentence.

fivex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fivex84
Member since 2006 • 1216 Posts

I stopped watching at 1:36. *Yawn*

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
This guy is annoying.
RankaiOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RankaiOwnz
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
I was on his live stream when this happen he's trolling go watch his first video you will laugh
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]Yeah he is probably trolling in the video, but before you start bashing him remember that he is actually one of the best gamers in the world with some notable world firsts in World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2. I think he also has other ones in Civ5 etc.HyperWarlock

'World First for Playing over 10,000 hours one one character and not reaching level 20'

He has the fastest 60 at 1 point, World first 80 and 85.