Battlefield 3 loading times ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this issue. but BF3 loading times are really killing me.. I played through the campaign 2 days ago & each level took minutes to load. same thing is happening in Multiplayer

I start Origin -> I click BF3 -> then Firefox opens battlelog -> I search & find a server -> I click "join" -> then before I get ingame on the server, in spawn menu.. I have to wait for like 2-3 minutes. how does everyone else tolerate this non sense ? & each time a new map loads it again takes 1 minutes & sometimes more. Everyne else starts capturing flags before I jump in :confused:

thankfully my PC is alright for now.. every other game works & loads flawlessly. any help ?

spec - quad core 3.4 ghz, 4 gb, gts 250 (running bf3 on all low for smooth performance in MP)

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

Happens to me too. I think you basically need an SSD to load into the map fast.

I wish ranked servers would have a minimum time of 60 seconds "warm up" so people could at least get in at the start of the match.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
That's too long, I find it annoying at first, till you get to select a server, then you wait like 20 seconds to join a server, then the game launches, then you see a loading screen for about 10-15 seconds and finally you get to play the game, when map changes it doesn't take more than 6-10 seconds, but yes, the whole Battlelog idea is terrible, no idea what they were thinking...
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Read something while you wait. That's what I do.

Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dennislol123
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts

Guess you need a better machine. I find the loading times to be shorter than what I expected in a game like BF3.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58500 Posts

yeah it bugs me, but that is the only thing I really don't like about BF3. That, and the occasional microstuttering.

WHERE IS OUR PATCH!!?? :P

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts
The entire Battlefield PC franchise is infamous for its loading times. Especially Battlefield 2 which suffered from long loading times long after its initial release. I haven't played it in a while so i'm not sure what it's like on there now but I heard these complaints from almost everyone I knew who had well over the recommended specs to run the game so I don't think its a hardware issue. I haven't played Battlefield 3 yet and I was hoping that DICE would have learned from previous games. So, its a shame to be hearing this.
Super-Trooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Super-Trooper
Member since 2004 • 1591 Posts

yeah it bugs me, but that is the only thing I really don't like about BF3. That, and the occasional microstuttering.

WHERE IS OUR PATCH!!?? :P

mrbojangles25

Monday! right guys? guys.. Dice?..EA?
(I would love a fix for the microstuttering)

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]The entire Battlefield PC franchise is infamous for its loading times. Especially Battlefield 2 which suffered from long loading times long after its initial release. I haven't played it in a while so i'm not sure what it's like on there now but I heard these complaints from almost everyone I knew who had well over the recommended specs to run the game so I don't think its a hardware issue. I haven't played Battlefield 3 yet and I was hoping that DICE would have learned from previous games. So, its a shame to be hearing this.

I remember that. i used to think my BF2 game would freeze all the time. Right when I was about to Alt+Tab and kill the process, the map loads.
IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts

BF2 took forever to load also, longer than BF3 even.

ganon92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 ganon92
Member since 2005 • 968 Posts

I think it must be buggy or something, because the beta loaded far quicker for me than the final release does. I'm using the same machine as well.