Battlefield 2142 offline

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TomTank007 (59 posts) -
Is there any patches where you can play Battlefield 2142 without connecting to the Internet?
#2 Posted by NuclearDruid (2812 posts) -

Is there any patches where you can play Battlefield 2142 without connecting to the Internet?TomTank007

Don't you have the ability to create offline accounts? Correct me if I am wrong... I only played the beta.

#3 Posted by TomTank007 (59 posts) -
How do you do that??
#4 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
#5 Posted by Daytona_178 (14962 posts) -
Cant you just play offline anyway??? u can with all the other battlefield games!
#6 Posted by ccgod (7433 posts) -
nope you have to register online through the game before you can play offline
#7 Posted by Daytona_178 (14962 posts) -
Thats stupid!!! what if you dont have the internet?
#8 Posted by Deihmos (7819 posts) -
You can play the game offline without any patches. Just choose offline.
#9 Posted by Deihmos (7819 posts) -

nope you have to register online through the game before you can play offlineccgod

All you need is a registered EA account. Battlefield offline is really really bad. It's only 16 players and not challenging at all.

#10 Posted by oscar530 (4430 posts) -
What the hell are you talking about if you don't have internet how the hell did you post this??
#11 Posted by ccgod (7433 posts) -

[QUOTE="ccgod"]nope you have to register online through the game before you can play offlineDeihmos

All you need is a registered EA account. Battlefield offline is really really bad. It's only 16 players and not challenging at all.

even so you have to log on through the game before it lets you play offline trust me i know
#12 Posted by Deihmos (7819 posts) -
[QUOTE="Deihmos"]

[QUOTE="ccgod"]nope you have to register online through the game before you can play offlineccgod

even so you have to log on through the game before it lets you play offline trust me i know

No you don't. I have played the game offline before when my connection was dead. the only thing is that you would not be able to use your unlocks so you would be stuck with stock.
#13 Posted by theking52 (2560 posts) -

What the hell are you talking about if you don't have internet how the hell did you post this?? oscar530

What the hell are YOU talking about? You don't think its possible he could just go somewhere where there IS internet to ask this?

#14 Posted by Deihmos (7819 posts) -

[QUOTE="oscar530"]What the hell are you talking about if you don't have internet how the hell did you post this?? theking52

What the hell are YOU talking about? You don't think its possible he could just go somewhere where there IS internet to ask this?

If he does not have internet i don't see any point in purchasing battlefield 2142. it's not meant to be played offline.
#15 Posted by ccgod (7433 posts) -
[QUOTE="ccgod"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]

[QUOTE="ccgod"]nope you have to register online through the game before you can play offlineDeihmos

No you don't. I have played the game offline before when my connection was dead. the only thing is that you would not be able to use your unlocks so you would be stuck with stock.

so right out of the box you were able to play offline??? cuz i know it wouldn't let me until i verified my account online then i was able to play offline
#16 Posted by TomTank007 (59 posts) -

So you can play offline without signing in, HOW?

#17 Posted by waharami (25 posts) -

how can i play offline in battlefield 2142

#18 Posted by master_zidane (344 posts) -

There is a way. Get someone's profile files (who has played online for once) from their Documents\Battlefield 2142\Profiles - then open the file 'profile.con' with notepad. It's gonna be like this:

LocalProfile.setName "???"
LocalProfile.setGamespyNick "???"
LocalProfile.setEAOnlineMasterAccount "???"
LocalProfile.setEAOnlineSubAccount "???"

Remove whatever's in between those quotation marks and alter it to your liking. The password usually remains to be the old one, or the same as your account name. For Example:

LocalProfile.setName "Insertnamehere"
LocalProfile.setGamespyNick "Insertnamehere"
LocalProfile.setEAOnlineMasterAccount "Insertnamehere"
LocalProfile.setEAOnlineSubAccount "Insertnamehere"

#19 Posted by RobLikesRA2 (78 posts) -

To play BF2142 offline while having no internet you need to first have a legit online account.

When you internet is off, try log into it, It well tell you it cannot connect and would ask if you would like to play offline, Press yes obviously.

Done

#20 Posted by MrUnSavory1 (777 posts) -

I don't have the internet, I post things and play games with mental telepathy :P

#21 Posted by mocomarla (25 posts) -
i have an internet connection and the game doesn't lets me make an ea profile from the game menu it requires parental e-mail and it doesn't lets me write in that case!!! Can you please help me?
#22 Posted by sworn-enemy (52 posts) -
Just play the campaign mode.