Battlefield 2 without the expantions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gitaru-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gitaru-man
Member since 2005 • 286 Posts
I just saw the original Battlefield 2 without the expansions for 10$. I was wondering if there were still enough servers to play just the original on that I could get a feel for the game before deciding wether or not to get the expantions too.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
80%-90% of Batllefield 2 players dont have the expansion from what i have seen!
Gitaru-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gitaru-man
Member since 2005 • 286 Posts

Thanks, I'll pick it up later.

Ranger11B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ranger11B
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
There are MANY servers avaliable to play BF2 and BF2SF and to play the expansions be aware that there are some issues with the store bought expansion packs, I bought mine from EA online, udated my account info with their customer service and bada bing! I have been playing BF2 since the first day it came out, more than 2 years later, I'm still playing!
Liquid_Snake92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Liquid_Snake92
Member since 2005 • 3380 Posts
I would highly recommend getting the BF2: Deluxe Edition, which comes with BF2 and BF2: Special Forces. SF has quite a large amount of content, with some really cool and fun to use weapons and exclusive vehicles. It's inclusion of 8 maps brings you to 18 with BF2 included. But if you just want BF2, then yea, definitely pick it up. There are MANY more server than even BF 2142, and it is a pretty amazing game.
Ranger11B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ranger11B
agreed! I got the delux ed after i got my new rig! Let the carnage begin!
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
There are still tons of servers on Battlefield 2 vanilla. When I search I get around 400+ servers.
Ranger11B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ranger11B

Yes, a lot of players like the og version but i found that there is wayyyyy toooo much "cheating" (dolphin diving) and unaccurate sniper weapons, and weak machine guns.

burticvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 burticvs
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts
Sniper rifles seem accurate to me...
Ranger11B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ranger11B
yes after the patches
whgresiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 whgresiak
Member since 2005 • 1889 Posts
You really don't want it. It's just a buggy, annoying, non patched, cheater filled, bad community game. People will TK you get a helicopter or tank, theres way too much cheating and hacking, the patches fix 2 problems only to create 13 more... I could go on and on. Of course if you really want it, go for it, but you've been warned.
crg13729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crg13729
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts
yeah if you have some extra bucks get the special forces expansion. that game adds some serious fun aspects to the game such as dark maps, grappling hooks, and zip lines. unlimited possiblities!
Ranger11B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ranger11B
agreed! They have fixed most of the problems but some still remain I just play on the servers that have rules to my liking when u find a really good one, write the IP down
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
its a good game, i did not buy the patches, i havn't played that for a while now...still a good game it has awsome graphics.
whgresiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#15 whgresiak
Member since 2005 • 1889 Posts
its a good game, i did not buy the patches, i havn't played that for a while now...still a good game it has awsome graphics.iam2green
Ummm patches are free...
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Just make sure to download the latest patch after you install Battlefield 2.
burticvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 burticvs

agreed! They have fixed most of the problems but some still remain I just play on the servers that have rules to my liking when u find a really good one, write the IP downRanger11B

I usually play on an all infantry server. It's called KOF infantry maps or something like that. I know the KOF is in there so if you search for it you should be able to find it. If you see lp/op, that's me.

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
I agree with you whgresiak, I had a few fun months playing but in the end....what you said.
Zero_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Zero_Space
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts

80%-90% of Batllefield 2 players dont have the expansion from what i have seen!daytona_178

This is true. Most people just play regular ol' BF 2.

MattLive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MattLive
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Think I want to try out the deluxe set even though it seems to be the case with most expansion to multplayer based games. People seems to stick to the original version to not complicate things too much.
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

BF2 is awesome. So definetly go and get it. SF has its fair amount of servers, though I dont know anything about the booster packs since I dont own them yet.

Regarding the "buggy" part of the game, sure it still has its rough edges. But the 1.41 patch solved almost all the problems that the game had. And another important point is the server on which you play. There are servers full of cheaters and TK'ers. Your best bet is to play only on servers that have Friendly Fire off and start searching on those which one you like the most.

burticvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 burticvs

BF2 is awesome. So definetly go and get it. SF has its fair amount of servers, though I dont know anything about the booster packs since I dont own them yet.

Regarding the "buggy" part of the game, sure it still has its rough edges. But the 1.41 patch solved almost all the problems that the game had. And another important point is the server on which you play. There are servers full of cheaters and TK'ers. Your best bet is to play only on servers that have Friendly Fire off and start searching on those which one you like the most.

Whermacht02

The best servers to find are the ones where the admin has set it up to kick after you reach a certain negative score.

Ranger11B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ranger11B
In my humble opinion, If you hit someone ANYWHERE with a .50 cal sniper weapon, they would be at the very least incapacitated, There is no chopper in the world that can withstand 4 or 5 good hits with a .50 cal anything! The BF2 series is just geared to the "fun" aspects as opposed to the "accuracy" of weapons. (U.S. Army Ranger '80- '92)
burticvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 burticvs

In my humble opinion, If you hit someone ANYWHERE with a .50 cal sniper weapon, they would be at the very least incapacitated, There is no chopper in the world that can withstand 4 or 5 good hits with a .50 cal anything! The BF2 series is just geared to the "fun" aspects as opposed to the "accuracy" of weapons. (U.S. Army Ranger '80- '92)Ranger11B

I can see the .50 cal sniper rifle comment. But, there are many accounts of hueys in vietnamand blackhawks coming home riddled with bullets. It all depends on where they hit. Especially with a Blackhawk since most of the wiring and stuff is in the roof and not the floorboards, whereas the huey had a lot of that in the floorboards. Plus, Blackhawks have kevlar reinforced floorboards now. Also, if you get a side shot on a Blackhawk you can pretty easily kill a lot of the crew in it. (U.S. light infantry 92-96, 101st & 5/87 Panama S.A.)

Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

[QUOTE="Ranger11B"]In my humble opinion, If you hit someone ANYWHERE with a .50 cal sniper weapon, they would be at the very least incapacitated, There is no chopper in the world that can withstand 4 or 5 good hits with a .50 cal anything! The BF2 series is just geared to the "fun" aspects as opposed to the "accuracy" of weapons. (U.S. Army Ranger '80- '92)burticvs

I can see the .50 cal sniper rifle comment. But, there are many accounts of hueys in vietnamand blackhawks coming home riddled with bullets. It all depends on where they hit. Especially with a Blackhawk since most of the wiring and stuff is in the roof and not the floorboards, whereas the huey had a lot of that in the floorboards. Plus, Blackhawks have kevlar reinforced floorboards now. Also, if you get a side shot on a Blackhawk you can pretty easily kill a lot of the crew in it. (U.S. light infantry 92-96, 101st & 5/87 Panama S.A.)

Wow, interesting comments. But yeah, the game is oriented to the "fun" side rather than to the "realism" side. I was able to hit choppers with the 120mm cannon and they just get damaged. A chopper would never survive such a hit. and talking about sniper rifles, it doesnt matter if it is the M95 or the other rifles, one shot SHOULD kill the target. Sniper rifles always have very powerfull rounds.

burticvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 burticvs
Kind of depends on the accuracy of the sniper. Anyhoo, you're right about the 120, it should hit harder. The AAA in the game should be a little stronger, especially the MGs on it. 4x.50s should equal a pretty quick death IMHO. I have had too many chppoers fly away from me in those things, or spin around and shoot a wire guided at me.
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
Go for it.
Ranger11B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ranger11B

[QUOTE="Ranger11B"]In my humble opinion, If you hit someone ANYWHERE with a .50 cal sniper weapon, they would be at the very least incapacitated, There is no chopper in the world that can withstand 4 or 5 good hits with a .50 cal anything! The BF2 series is just geared to the "fun" aspects as opposed to the "accuracy" of weapons. (U.S. Army Ranger '80- '92)burticvs

The returning hueys took lots of SMALL arm hits but there are no accounts of them returning after being hit with zsu rounds or twin or quad .50 anti-aircraft weapons. the blackhawks are a much better bird, but even they can't take the amount of punishment that I have doled out on them in BF2 in anycase the game is still fun but a little more reality would be nice.(1/75th Inf Ranger Battalion, 3rd Ranger Battalion, Op Urgent Fury, Op Just Cause and Desert Storm 1)
burticvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 burticvs
[QUOTE="burticvs"]

[QUOTE="Ranger11B"]In my humble opinion, If you hit someone ANYWHERE with a .50 cal sniper weapon, they would be at the very least incapacitated, There is no chopper in the world that can withstand 4 or 5 good hits with a .50 cal anything! The BF2 series is just geared to the "fun" aspects as opposed to the "accuracy" of weapons. (U.S. Army Ranger '80- '92)Ranger11B

The returning hueys took lots of SMALL arm hits but there are no accounts of them returning after being hit with zsu rounds or twin or quad .50 anti-aircraft weapons. the blackhawks are a much better bird, but even they can't take the amount of punishment that I have doled out on them in BF2 in anycase the game is still fun but a little more reality would be nice.(1/75th Inf Ranger Battalion, 3rd Ranger Battalion, Op Urgent Fury, Op Just Cause and Desert Storm 1)

Ah, you are corrct sir, sorry for the misinformation. I thought I heard accoutns of them surviving .50 fire.

Ranger11B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ranger11B
there isn't much that could withstand .50 cal hits unless it is "nicely" armoured, Hoohah! Carry on Troop!
brainiac24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 brainiac24
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts

I just saw the original Battlefield 2 without the expansions for 10$. I was wondering if there were still enough servers to play just the original on that I could get a feel for the game before deciding wether or not to get the expantions too.Gitaru-man

Hahahaha... I have 2142 and BF2, and I can tell you... there are about 400 2142 servers, and 20,000 BF2 servers. So I think that's your answer.