Battlefield 2: complete collection

This topic is locked from further discussion.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

What is this game like? Does it have a very active community? Is it worth 15$ on steam?

Right now I have games like COD4, COD5, DOD:S, CS:S. I don't even play these too much. I wonder if I'd like Battlefield 2 and if I'd actually play it if I bought it.

BOONE123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BOONE123
Member since 2003 • 139 Posts

Ive been looking at this one for a long time too, I am just worried if the gameplay will make up for thedated graphics.

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
To be honest, I didn't like it back when it came out. I even tried playing it again several times and, even though it was fun, it didn't keep playing for too long. I found that the maps were too huge, and moving from one place to another took way to long for certain maps. Also, you would move such a huge distance and die from a shot that came from nowhere. This is my opinion. However, since many people absolutely loved it and loads of people still play it, yes, I would recommend it.
Drycht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Drycht
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts
BF2 was an awesome game. Keyword, was. Before the expansions hit the game was probably the most fun I'd have in a online shooter. The large maps with vehicles and classes was just so new and fun at the time. But after each patch destroying little bits of the classic that made the game fun I can no longer reccomend this game.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Don't listen to these people. It's still really fun, especially if you get a clan that knows what they're doing. There is still a large community too. Although, you might have some issues if you have Vista(I do)

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Its still fun, a new patch was just released this year
ignivim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ignivim
Member since 2008 • 194 Posts
It's one of the best, if not the best, online FPS ever, IMO. Get it ASAP. I've spent hundreds of hours on it.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

It's worth it even if you don't like vanilla BF2... give Project Reality a shot. No pun intended.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
It has...a sort of learning curve. I felt it focused more on vehicles than skill. But you needed skills to get kills and kills to get better guns to get better kills and skills to get the better kills and well to be honest I didnt really like the gun play. Didnt use my gun much unless it was a sniper and even then - while I love sniping...I never really lived long. BF2142 was a little less chaotic and pretty soon patch 1.51 will come out which unlocks the expansion for free and lets you play without the CD. BF2 was a good game but I liked BF2142 way better for its more focused gameplay.
L1D3N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 L1D3N
Member since 2009 • 717 Posts

It does still have a demo correct? I loved the game, I hope BFBC2 will be just as good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I think it is very good... altho I am not sure if you will like it, it is a bit like the games you listed and not really liked... and you will die alot in the game...

I love it tho, and think t is very much worth it, it has nice maps, good teamplay on most servers, can be extremely fun and rewarding experience.

blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts
Very very good. Recommend buy so fun to play just dont' get too addicted :P
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

I think it is very good... altho I am not sure if you will like it, it is a bit like the games you listed and not really liked... and you will die alot in the game...

I love it tho, and think t is very much worth it, it has nice maps, good teamplay on most servers, can be extremely fun and rewarding experience.

Maddie_Larkin

Yeah I figured this, thanks. I have 25$ in my paypal so I guess I will decide last minute whether I should bother with this or if I should hold out to either buy something tomorrow, or keep my money for another day. Optimally Quake 3 would go on sale tomorrow and I'd buy that, cause that's the kind of shooter I love, but I somehow doubt this will happen. I'm sure I'd have a bit of fun with Battlefield 2, but then again I literally have like 50 games I have yet to beat so there is really little sense in buying another.