Battlefield 2 Advice.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grypkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 grypkeeper
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hey guys, first post here. I just want to know peoples opinions on battlefield 2 for the PC, i have always loved the battlefield series and this one looks awesome (a lot better compared to 2142 in my opinion)

I have just got a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium and would like to know if Battlefield 2 will run on it.

All help is apreciated :)

Thanks.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

check out this link

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

grypkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 grypkeeper
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Ok thanks, it reckons that it will run. Now anyone able to tell me if its worth buying? I don't think i will bother with 2142 as it just doesnt fit the battlefield style and it is said to be full of spyware :(
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Battlefield 2 isn't a bad game but it's mostly an online game if you like that sort of thing. You can of course do single player but with the shortage of maps that come with the game and the stupidity of the AI do lessen the experience.
Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
Yea get Battlefield 2. I recommend you try out the enemy territory quake wars demo first. It's a fun game as well and very easy to pick up and play.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Ok thanks, it reckons that it will run. Now anyone able to tell me if its worth buying? I don't think i will bother with 2142 as it just doesnt fit the battlefield style and it is said to be full of spyware :(grypkeeper
\

Don't believe every rumour you hear, BF2142 has no more "spyware" than BF2. But yes bf2 is a good game.

cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

BF2 is a great addition to any PC game arsenal. I'm sure you will enjoy it and start owning up in no time.

I definately recommend getting it.

Delius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Delius
Member since 2005 • 571 Posts
I love both BF 2142 - ignore the spy ware rumour, it's bull - and BF 2. If your into modern combat shooters online, BF 2 is more then worth the price of admission.
dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts
Yeah its worth getting. Heaps of fun and time is well spent if you build up your ranks, badges, medals etc.
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

Yeah its worth getting. Heaps of fun and time is well spent if you build up your ranks, badges, medals etc.dazman31

Yep, that sums it all up. BF2 is definitely worth it.

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

Hey guys, first post here. I just want to know peoples opinions on battlefield 2 for the PC, i have always loved the battlefield series and this one looks awesome (a lot better compared to 2142 in my opinion)

I have just got a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium and would like to know if Battlefield 2 will run on it.

Thanks.

grypkeeper

The battlefield series has poorly gone down hill since BF1942. 2142 was better than BF2. 2142 has spyware? lol, it is no more spyware than punkbuster which is pretty much a requirement on most online FPSs.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Ok thanks, it reckons that it will run. Now anyone able to tell me if its worth buying? I don't think i will bother with 2142 as it just doesnt fit the battlefield style and it is said to be full of spyware :(grypkeeper

Its not that bad. Also 2142 is much more balanced than BF2.

MerxThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MerxThis
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

For minute by minute awesomeness, there is no better online game than BF2. However, it is technically crippled by its interface. It has maybe the least responsive ingame browser in history of videogames. You cannot use programs like all seeing eye, at least not without patches to fix it. And its load times. My system was top notch when the game came out, on this system, the load times are horrendous. Sometimes it takes so long to load up a map, the round wil have finnished and the next map will load.

This may not be the case for you if you have a really top notch system now, but a High end system upon release has 3 or 4 min load times.

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Thanks.

grypkeeper

Yep, BF2 is a great game. Considerably better than 2142 IMO!!!

However, 2142's spyware is really only there for pushing in-game ads. Gamers Wary of Battlefield 2142's 'Spyware' It's not really anything to be overly concerned with. You can be annoyed, that's ok ;) But EA has done this in other titles as well, such as Need for Speed Carbon, we'll likely see more of it...

Dulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dulain
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts
If you do get BF2, you should also pickup the Special Forces expansion. They are sold in a package together as well. This will allow you to unlock a different set of guns then just the original alone.
AmmonMoley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AmmonMoley
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
If you're going to pick up BF2, then I suggest getting the complete set. It's woth the price to be able to join any server and try any and all maps. The boosters are included in the package and there are servers running the boosters out there.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
I've spent over 350 hours on that game, and I'm still playing it. Yes get it, the vanilla is only like $10-15 these days. Worth every penny. The mods are great too and add a lot of replay value.
mickeyholt1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mickeyholt1995
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
After you get Lance Corporal, the game gets so much better and tons more replay value is involved