Battlefield 1943 vs Bad Company 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts

I'm a little confused about these two games: battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Both PC versions are coming out Q1 2010.

1. Why is DICE releasing two battlefields at the same time? aren't they sort of splitting their own market

2. What are the differences between the two and which one should i get?

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

I'm a little confused about these two games: battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Both PC versions are coming out Q1 2010.

1. Why is DICE releasing two battlefields at the same time? aren't they sort of splitting their own market

STAR_Admiral

1943 is a WW2 game and BC2 is a modern warfare game. So they aren't really splitting the market there letting you choose between WW2 and modern warfare. Personally i would go with the 1943 because i like WW2 games. Although if you like you like single player or modern warfare then you sshould go for BC2

STAR_Admiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 STAR_Admiral
Member since 2006 • 1119 Posts
I'd feel they are splitting their market. COD also does WW2 and modern but they alternate every year so you can buy both even if your on a budget. But DICE is releasing both at the same time, forcing people who are on a budget to pick between the two, but if they alternating, their customers could just buy both.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

[QUOTE="STAR_Admiral"]

ASRCSR

1943 is a WW2 game and BC2 is a modern warfare game. So they aren't really splitting the market there letting you choose between WW2 and modern warfare. Personally i would go with the one with single player and since i like WW2 games i would go with 1943.

But isn't BC2 the one with SP?
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
BF1943 wont have that much content, its mostly like a "mini-game". BFBC2 is the full blown out awesome game, get that.
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ASRCSR

[QUOTE="ASRCSR"]

[QUOTE="STAR_Admiral"]

flipin_jackass

1943 is a WW2 game and BC2 is a modern warfare game. So they aren't really splitting the market there letting you choose between WW2 and modern warfare. Personally i would go with the one with single player and since i like WW2 games i would go with 1943.

I know its just a online game but what i am saying is what do you want most in a game single player and modern warfare OR online and WW2. I chose 1943 becasue its a WW2 game but if i wanted online i would choose BC2

Avatar image for floridaskater05
floridaskater05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 floridaskater05
Member since 2005 • 1876 Posts

it would be awesome if 1943 came on the same disc as BFBC:2. a little bonus for us having to wait ;) even tho i played it on ps3 lol

blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts

[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"][QUOTE="ASRCSR"]

ASRCSR

I know its just a online game but what i am saying is what do you want most in a game single player and modern warfare OR online and WW2. I chose 1943 becasue its a WW2 game but if i wanted online i would choose BC2

Ok I think your a bit confused. BC2 has singleplayer and multiplayer, 1943 is only multiplayer. So if you go with the one with singleplayer then you would get BC2 :P. But I am getting both 1943 is only 15$ with 3 maps so just get both ^^.
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ASRCSR

Ohhh is see my mistake. Fixed it. Sorry i am a little sleepy

RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts
Get Both. I am I'm greedy :)
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
I'd feel they are splitting their market. COD also does WW2 and modern but they alternate every year so you can buy both even if your on a budget. But DICE is releasing both at the same time, forcing people who are on a budget to pick between the two, but if they alternating, their customers could just buy both. STAR_Admiral
It's not any different than having BF2 and BF2142. People will play whichever one appeals to them more.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

This is/will be pretty much like "BF Heroes vs BF2/BF2142...will BF Heroes get all the players from BF 2/2142?" it's pretty simple to get an answer for that ;). NO!

Gsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gsquat
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Online gameplay trailer on BC2 website looks awesome. Personally, 2142 owns all for online gameplay. I loved it. This'll be far better than MWF2 though.

ps3rule2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ps3rule2
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

i would go with battlefield 1943 beacouse its a WW2 game and the snipering is amzing but the planes are hard to fly but the games online only

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
Personally, I'd go with BF1942 instead of BF1943. Sure, it doesn't look as good, old engine and all, but given that you can pick BF1942 up with both expansions AND BF: Vietnam for a measly US$10, I'd say it gives more bang for the buck. As for Bad Company 2, I'm still making my mind up on that. For US$20 (got it during a sale), it's a pretty fun FPS, but it seems way too unlock-dependent compared to its predecessors (BF2 at least had decent starting weapons IMHO, but BC2 unlocks seem so much better than the starting weapons, especially for medic players like myself going from the PKM to the M249 to the Type 88 LMG to the dreaded M60), not to mention that EA/DICE could probably shut down those dedicated servers several years from now, and there's no LAN option. OTOH, gameplay seems more fluid, focused, and furious, and the fact that cover can be blown away does add to the gameplay a bit. (The old tactic of running into some wood shack in BF1942 to take cover from tank shells won't hold up here!)
VonHenrySHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VonHenrySHH
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
As for Bad Company 2, I'm still making my mind up on that. For US$20 (got it during a sale), it's a pretty fun FPS, but it seems way too unlock-dependent compared to its predecessorsNamelessPlayer
I know I'm necroing here a bit, but if I found this via a google search, others will as well. I just want to give my opinion. "I" am a almost 40 year old who's "Knee Jerk FPS Reflexes" are waning. I have played BF2, all of the expansions, addons. I've played 2142, and I've played other FPS games too (Counter Strike, etc etc). Bad Company 2 is, and I'd say by a decent margin, the easiest FPS to get into in a long time. When I was level one I had no issues going against upper level players. In fact, with the whole recon (Sniper) tree unlocked now, my favorite weapon is STILL the first one you get (M24). Don't get me wrong, most trees the unlocks are better, but it doesn't take long at all to get the first basic unlocks. Not trying to knock the guy above me, I just want folks to know that this old geezer found BC2 very easy to get into and I didn't feel nearly as overwhelmed as I did, say in 2142.
Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

i would go with battlefield 1943 beacouse its a WW2 game and the snipering is amzing but the planes are hard to fly but the games online only

ps3rule2

Gj reviving a thread from last year.

JoeSchmo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JoeSchmo01
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts

[QUOTE="ps3rule2"]

Cloud567kar

Gj reviving a thread from last year.

haha well you never know, the TC very well could still be deciding between the two