Battlefield 1943, The history of the battlefields

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guikznhl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Guikznhl
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
There is: Battlefield 2, a great modern shoot game, the gameplay is really nice Battlefield 1942, A game about the second worldwar basic graphiqs, a lots of boats, planes and tanks, object being use in second worldwar Battlefield Bad Company, only on Ps3 and Xbox360 you cant destroy almost everything, nice graphics and nice gameplay, a really good game Battlefield heroes a free game, cartoon third person shooter btw the gameplay is cool soon, there will be Battlefield Bad Company 2 i guess it's will be good the first was good, i played them all so i would say that 1943 will be a mix of all of thems(except Battlefield heroes) Object from second worldwar, you can destroy almost everything, a nice gameplay
Patatopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Patatopan
Member since 2008 • 1890 Posts

Cool

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

That list is out of order and incomplete. :|

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

There is: Battlefield 2, a great modern shoot game, the gameplay is really nice Battlefield 1942, A game about the second worldwar basic graphiqs, a lots of boats, planes and tanks, object being use in second worldwar Battlefield Bad Company, only on Ps3 and Xbox360 you cant destroy almost everything, nice graphics and nice gameplay, a really good game Battlefield heroes a free game, cartoon third person shooter btw the gameplay is cool soon, there will be Battlefield Bad Company 2 i guess it's will be good the first was good, i played them all so i would say that 1943 will be a mix of all of thems(except Battlefield heroes) Object from second worldwar, you can destroy almost everything, a nice gameplay Guikznhl

Hate to burst your bubble, but 1943 will seem more like Heroes than 1942 or 2.

Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
Err.. You forgot BF Vietnam. All the BF's for console SUCKKKEDDD Bad!!! 1943 will suck very bad too, so much content is cut out. You also forgot BF 2142. The only good BF games were 1942 and BF2.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Err.. You forgot BF Vietnam. All the BF's for console SUCKKKEDDD Bad!!! 1943 will suck very bad too, so much content is cut out. You also forgot BF 2142. The only good BF games were 1942 and BF2.Dr_Brocoli
nah, BFBC was actually great. ditto for BF2142 - it was better balanced than BF2, though the setting most people considered pretty bland. and BF1943 is going to cost less than half what BF1942/BF2 did, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see it with less content.
Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts

Imo 2142 was the best game, loved the titan mode.

mmarsh1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mmarsh1972
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts

Ok lets see:

1. Battlefield: 1942 +2 addons (Road to Rome and Secret Weapons)

2. Battlefield: Vietnam

3. Battlefield 2 +2 Booster Pack (Euro Force and Armored Fury)

4. Battlefield 2142 +1 Booster Pack (Northern Strike)

5. Battlefield: Bad Company

6. Battlefield Heroes

7. Battlefield 1943

8. Battlefield Bad Company 2

9. Two other non announced games.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

Ok lets see:

1. Battlefield: 1942 +2 addons (Road to Rome and Secret Weapons)

2. Battlefield: Vietnam

3. Battlefield 2 +2 Booster Pack (Euro Force and Armored Fury)

4. Battlefield 2142 +1 Booster Pack (Northern Strike)

5. Battlefield: Bad Company

6. Battlefield Heroes

7. Battlefield 1943

8. Battlefield Bad Company 2

9. Two other non announced games.

mmarsh1972

+ BF2 Special Forces :)

edit: and tbh i guess there's the stuff like Modern Combat on the consoles, but i don't think about those often

Guikznhl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Guikznhl
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
forgot to tell that i was only talking about the Battlefields i played, lol
LTZH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 LTZH
Member since 2003 • 2704 Posts
I played em all, but 2142 is by far the best. The competitive community is the biggest reason for that.
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
your missing battlefield 2142, what came after BF2
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Ok here it went...

• BF1942
  • BF 1942 Road to Rome
  • BF 9142 Secret Weapons of WWII
  • BF Vietnam
  • BF 2
  • BF Modern Combat (Xbox and PS2)
  • BF 2142
  • BF Modern Combat (xbox 360)
  • BF BC (360, PS3)
  • BF Heroes
  • BF 1943
  • BF BC2
  • BF3 (rumored)

First of all none of the BF games have sucked, infact they have been one of the best series of shooters ever. Old school BF fans will not like the console versions as they are much more action packed and fast paced than the PC versions and they have been extremely consolized. This not being the best things, still ended up in some really good games for the consoles.

I am saddened though to see that BF3 has been put on the backburner (its coming guys don't worry) in place of BF1943, BF Heroes, and BF BC2.

From all estimates BF3 is coming, though they are not just pumping millions into it. They are paying for the game with quick money makers like BF1943 and BF BC2. I think that BF BC2 and BF 1943 are large tests of the frostbite engine on the PC. Give PC gamers a feel for the destruction found within the engine and how it generally handles things. From there we will get BF3 info (probably in some DLC form of some special pack with BF BC2).

All you guys who think that a consolized versions of BF sucks need to realize the bigger picture of them. Sure they aren't the same, but a PC version of BF would never work well on the consoles. Consoles bring with them a lack of hud and comunication options. Also they bring a lack of RAM and other technoliges vital to what makes BF awesome. So they changed the BF formula a bit, ramped the action up at the cost of size and scale of the battles.

As a fan of the series, as I said, I don't like this much but I do very much enjoy the BF games on consoles. BF Modern Combat on the Xbox was one of the best titles of the Xbox. I actually want BF 1943 and BF Heroes is a blast. I think that many are to harsh with the games because they are the sequals and carry the same name to the very unique and innovative BF1942 (which even by todays standards is top notch)

Hopefully the rumors are true and these smaller BF games are just for revenue for the larger one coming.

_CASEY02_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _CASEY02_
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

National Commando FTW

Search Friend: R4PEZ0NE

------------------------^ its a ZERO.

JeansForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JeansForever
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts

BF1942 ftw. /thread

SauhlGood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 SauhlGood
Member since 2006 • 587 Posts

all of the battlefield games...actually ALL fps games played using a console controller are a bit of a joke imo

everything from graphics to controls and gameplay suffers

pc versions of games tend to have bigger LOS/Drawdistance in the gameworld, more varied filters and larger textures/res, not to mention dedicated servers capable of hosting 64 player deathmatches!...in comparison to the measily 16 player limits on most consoles, for some of the console FPS games depicting epic battles...its kinda stupid seeing a rush of 8 soldiers in an epic conflict!?...lol ...*one of them is usually afk too...

FPS games are meant for mouse and keyboard, i mean they work on a console dont get me wrong...but so does maalox, a supository, or a rectal thermometer,the question isnot whether it works...

...this can be likened to 'polishing a turd, in the end u just get a shiny piece of...'

i would consider playing fps games on consoles if they had a mouse and keyboard...

one of the best BF's was a mod for the original desert combat... which is another thing u cant do on consoles...involve a huge community of modders. the problem is the publishers want to control everything and modding is dying out as slowly but surely devs/pubs are not releasing toolkits or making games mod accessible.

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

List of all Battlefield games.

• Battlefield 1942
  • Road to Rome
  • Secret weapons