Basic info on water cooling?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeeinecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jeeinecho
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
I am thinking about water cooling. When you buy it is there anything to worry about? Do you just buy the simple kit and thats it? What is a good water cooling set? What is usual price to install it? (Including everything needed for it but i will fir it myself)
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
I am thinking about water cooling. When you buy it is there anything to worry about? Do you just buy the simple kit and thats it? What is a good water cooling set? What is usual price to install it? (Including everything needed for it but i will fir it myself)jeeinecho
well what i always check for is if i have the right water cooling sockets to lock onto my motherboard. The socket size of your cpu is what i'm talking about, u look for that socket to make sure it can clip onto and cool the cpu. I always check the tubes and quality of, the radiator size and the quailty of and the seals it comes with. water cooling is actually very easy to hook up. if a person wants they don't even have to have the kit in the computer, it could be outside with the tubes going in. If u can build a comp a water cooling kit will be easy.
Duckshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckshot
Member since 2009 • 223 Posts

Great Guides on overclock.net.

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/226970-water-cooling-essential-threads.html

Personally I would pick custom parts for the cooling loop.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts
Apparently picking individual parts will give you much better quality for the water cooling system. However when it comes to this kind of cooling, I have no clue
Duckshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckshot
Member since 2009 • 223 Posts

If you were only planning on cooling the CPU. I would get...

TFC Xchanger - Double Radiator 240 - you could get the single I guess

D-TEK FuZion V2 for the CPU block.

Pick whatever Resevior you want.

The pump is important, and the power needed depends on the loop. This is a great pump:

Swiftech Laing D5

You can also alter the speed/noise levels. You can add block later and it should be fine. But you could go for a cheaper less powerful pump if you only have the CPU block.

Make sure you get something to dampen the pump noise, ifyou get the D5 petra gel stuff is good for that.

For tubing, Tygon is the best, as it allows you to bend without kinks, but it is pricey

Best thing to do is log on to overclock.net, they have some real pros on there.