Assassin's Creed Leaked on Torrent Sites (PC)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CubePrime_basic
CubePrime_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CubePrime_basic
Member since 2003 • 3230 Posts

Yep, read the title.

[URL removed; comments section contained a link to illegal download. -Mod]

CavalAnts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CavalAnts
Member since 2008 • 398 Posts
Old news : D
darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
Thanks for the news ;)
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Thanks for the news ;)darkmario123

Great, now all the lame pirates that didn't see the last post are aware. Great job. :roll:

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Thanks for the news ;)GPAddict

Great, now all the lame pirates that didn't see the last post are aware. Great job. :roll:

........ What a worthless comment, if its big pirates will see it on the newly added list.. Who cares..

ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
Already have tbh.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GPAddict
[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Thanks for the news ;)sSubZerOo

........ What a worthless comment, if its big pirates will see it on the newly added list.. Who cares..

Um ya, it is worthless to you. I posted it because I don't like that people do it, And it does have an effect on PC gaming whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

So if you know someone does something wrong, should I just act like it doesn't matter, no I shouldn't. So don't tell me my post is worthless, thank you very much! :roll:

Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]

Um ya, it is worthless to you. I posted it because I don't like that people do it, And it does have an effect on PC gaming whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

So if you know someone does something wrong, should I just act like it doesn't matter, no I shouldn't. So don't tell me my post is worthless, thank you very much! :roll:

It not like piracy is going to affect you, stop whining about it

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
This thread is only an advertisement to those would-be pirates lurking around this forum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]

I never said it didn't have a affect, but your crying about him posting a article.. Most pirates get their info from pirate forums not gamespot..

You make it sound like this has never happened in history before.. This happens to the majority of games out there.. Its nothing new, and its funny that people are going psycho with anti piracy rhetoric every chance.. Specially after we have idiots like cliffy talking..

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts
[QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Thanks for the news ;)Artosa

Actually, long term affects will affect him...and me...and you...and anybody who games. Prices of games may increase, small developing studios may die off, and publishers will take fewer high-risk game concepts leading to a dearth of innovative games. So yeah, it will affect gamers as a whole.

BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts
I think it happends with almost any software. Atleast anything that is popular. And this topic is hardly advertising piracy. If you want to pirate software, you will look on websites where you can find that kind of stuff. Pirating software is so freaking easy these days. Just now, it took me 10 seconds on google to find a download for Assassins Creed.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Thanks for the news ;)Artosa

Basic Economics disagrees.

A post at the bottom of the link says that the game has been nuke for everybodys info.

Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
[QUOTE="Artosa"][QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Thanks for the news ;)Ein-7919

Actually, long term affects will affect him...and me...and you...and anybody who games. Prices of games may increase, small developing studios may die off, and publishers will take fewer high-risk game concepts leading to a dearth of innovative games. So yeah, it will affect gamers as a whole.

Maybe if developers finished their games, lowered the bugs and the price, and made some things uniqe for once, maybe people would not pirate as much

EskimosAreReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EskimosAreReal
Member since 2007 • 496 Posts

Maybe if developers finished their games, lowered the bugs and the price, and made some things uniqe for once, maybe people would not pirate as much

Excellent points. Whine and cry about it all you want, it's not going to make pirates stop pirating. I really doubt gaming will completely die out because of it.

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

Artosa

You see, pirates will always pirate games because they can. Why pay for something when they could get it for free anyways? You could have the MOST bug-free and complete game in existence and pirates would still pirate the game. I'm sorry, but your excuse (and let's face it, that's what it is) just doesn't hold water. I'm going to quote an excerpt of the April 2008 edition of PC Gamer (the RA3 one) here as it pertains directly with pirating:

This logic makes my head explode. As much as I love playing games, they're not as necessary to survival as insulin or water. And if you weren't going to buy the game anyways, then why bother playing it? Perhaps that time would be better spent playing a game you did buy. I'm just sayin'.

Chuck Osborn - Pirates of the Burning C-plus-plus

This is in response to the argument that people are "forced" to pirate games because they can't afford the high costs or because they weren't going to buy them in the first place (whether it be because of buggy/incomplete releases or what-not)

BlackAlpha666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlackAlpha666
Member since 2005 • 2614 Posts

I think the problem is how easy it is to pirate software in general, not just games. Why go to the store, spend 50 bucks on a game, if you can just turn on your PC download it in a few hours and play it for FREE. Ontop of that, you can spend that 50 bucks on something else. Even if you are a kid without any means of getting money, you can still get the game, whether you got the 50 bucks or not.

People just DO NOT CARE that it 'MIGHT' hurt the developers when people pirate software. It's just so easy and there are no consequences, only benefits. You can say all you want how it hurts the developers and it will bring us less and less games in the long run, but people just don't listen to that. I found that most people simply pirate because they can't afford the software they need to get or they pirate simply because they can. So when they pirate it gives them huge benefits. Telling them not to download doesn't mean anything compared to the benefits they get.

It's like opening the bank vault, turning of all the security measures and letting people go in anonymously one by one, only telling them: "Please don't take any money". And not stopping them if they come out with a huge sum of money in their posession. What the hell do you think will happen?

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts
Thats what they get for not having a Demo.
Creative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Creative
Member since 2002 • 2522 Posts
No worries, leaked version does not work, so it's useless.
DJGOON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJGOON
Member since 2005 • 603 Posts

meh how long as pirating been around on PC, for how long has it easy to pirate? PC is still going strong.

Consoles are more of a threat to PC's than Piracy is.

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
All the anti-piracy advocates are wrong, people only pirate buggy, incomplete, unoriginal and crappy games that no one was going to buy anyways, top tier games with demos like CoD4, Crysis and Bioshock are never pirated :roll:
xooco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xooco
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts
Do what you want.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

It's called news. You don't just censor it because it might damage a company, unless you're a communist. Are you a communist, GPAddict?

CubePrime_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CubePrime_basic
No worries, leaked version does not work, so it's useless.Creative
no it does...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Creative"]No worries, leaked version does not work, so it's useless.CubePrime_basic
no it does...

Who cares if it works or not, the point of the matter is there have been tons of leaks in the past of new games.. This doesn't mean the game will automatically fail..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59d151f079814

meh how long as pirating been around on PC, for how long has it easy to pirate? PC is still going strong.

Consoles are more of a threat to PC's than Piracy is.

DJGOON

Yeah what boggles the mind is piracy is becoming huge on console teh more free form they are.. Not to mention consoles lose a ton due to rental services and pre-owned games.

CubePrime_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CubePrime_basic

[QUOTE="CubePrime_basic"][QUOTE="Creative"]No worries, leaked version does not work, so it's useless.sSubZerOo

no it does...

Who cares if it works or not, the point of the matter is there have been tons of leaks in the past of new games.. This doesn't mean the game will automatically fail..

i was just correcting him, whatever you said is not part of this argument.

CubePrime_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CubePrime_basic
[QUOTE="F1_2004"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Thanks for the news ;)4seal

It's called news. You don't just censor it because it might damage a company, unless you're a communist. Are you a communist, GPAddict?

So if your credit card number, bank accout, and everything hit the net. It would be ok to tell everyone where to find it even though you would lose everything? I mean it is news. Well, financial news.

Listen, anybody that pirates games knows about AC being leaked, this is really news, not specific personnal info spreading. No correlation.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts
the game doesnt really deserve to be a pc game anyway... it's more of your archetypal console game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Thanks for the news ;)4seal

So if your credit card number, bank accout, and everything hit the net. It would be ok to tell everyone where to find it even though you would lose everything? I mean it is news. Well, financial news.

/facepalm

Pirates already know about this, they go to PIRATE forums where they announce this stuff.. Seriously you guys are extremely nieve to think he is some how "supporting" piracy by posting a article about this on gamespot... You make it sound like just because they see it leaked some people who originally were not pirates are magically going to be pirates.. This irrational nonsense is what got this huge uproar "claim" of pc gaming is dieing due to piracy.. Yet its the number one platform in the world profit wise.

bike749

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bike749
Member since 2005 • 829 Posts
good post lol, who really buy pc game ? Come on Now
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GPAddict
[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Thanks for the news ;)F1_2004

Ya guess I'll stop my whining and crying, cuz the pirates are not hurting anyone. Plus I need to go back to my communist ways. :shock:

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts
end of pc games as we know it. I want this game badly but I would NEVER pirate to get it. sad day for pc gameing and I hope whoever reads this dosent even think of pirateing.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

Ya guess I'll stop my whining and crying, cuz the pirates are not hurting anyone. Plus I need to go back to my communist ways. :shock:

iron lore. NEVER FORGET :( edit: commie.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
the game doesnt really deserve to be a pc game anyway... it's more of your archetypal console game.om3ga_storm
QFT and it's overrated.
dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

No worries, leaked version does not work, so it's useless.Creative
What? the leaked version probably works. Reloaded is probably one of the best groups, and their releases always seem to work, same with procyon who also pirated it too.

This is pretty old news too. I mean they released it around the 29th or so nforce tells me..

I already have this game on my 360 though.

I don't see why people are so anti-pirating, if you don't want to download its up to you. Most people who download pirated games would never have ever purchased that game in the first place. Pirating has been around for a longggg time and will continue to thrive for a long time. It's not really harming anyone anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="GPAddict"][QUOTE="F1_2004"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]Thanks for the news ;)Makari

iron lore. NEVER FORGET :( edit: commie.

Oh please Iron lore tried to blame piracy for their down fall.. Yet Titan quest was apretty sub par hack and slash diablo clone that really didn't do anything new.. Diablo 2 is/was alo tmore profitable odviouslly then Titan quest, yet it had most likely subpar copy write compared to titan... I am pretty sure it had more to do with this fact then anything piracy did...

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
WOW a month before release JUST WOW. the sales for the game will be like 1k at the most :lol:
gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gotcha455
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts
Wow, that's surpising. 6.5 GB!!!!! Damn, but thanks for the news update :)