Assassin creed games and xbox 360 controller support?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Totalgym9000 (1456 posts) -

I just purchased Assassin's creed brotherhood during the current sale on steam, but when I hook the xbox 360 controller up it appears the game lacks any support for the controller? please tell me this isn't the case..... ubisoft games on pc seem to lack effort......

#2 Posted by tobes1993 (227 posts) -

I just purchased Assassin's creed brotherhood during the current sale on steam, but when I hook the xbox 360 controller up it appears the game lacks any support for the controller? please tell me this isn't the case..... ubisoft games on pc seem to lack effort......

Totalgym9000

I played the whole thing with a controller...AC 2 as well. So be assured it's definitely supported.

#3 Posted by JangoWuzHere (19032 posts) -

You're doing something wrong on your end. The game supports the 360 controller.

#4 Posted by General_X (9137 posts) -
AC1 supported the 360 controller for me out of the box, I would assume Brotherhood would support it as well...
#5 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6427 posts) -
Need to change it in the options.
#6 Posted by the_bi99man (11242 posts) -

I play AC1 with a controller well enough. Mine seems to have an issue with one of the shoulder buttons not registering, so I had to remap some controls and it's now slightly different than the default x360 control scheme, but I think that's an issue with my controller. It's not an official microsoft controller, and it usually works fine, but that same shoulder button has decided not to work with a couple games.

#7 Posted by bonafidetk (3911 posts) -
Some games don't automatically register that you've got a controller plugged in and you have to switch it in the options menu.
#8 Posted by danygo1996 (377 posts) -

Totalgym9000

Options , menu, it's there

#9 Posted by EvOlVE_3 (146 posts) -

Not sure about brotherhood but if you are using a wireless controller then AC2 is compeltely broken, if you are using a wired controller then it should work. THe bindings just do not work properly on AC2 with a wireless controller, you need to download emulators to manually bind controller keys. They might not have fixed the support in brotherhood im not sure

#10 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

You need to switch to it in the settings

#11 Posted by Totalgym9000 (1456 posts) -

Thanks for the replies, not sure what was going on before but it works now, the constant 60FPS makes it a better experience than the console versions, cant wait for AC3 on PC can't say im a fan of the forced Uplay **** though.....

#12 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6427 posts) -

Not sure about brotherhood but if you are using a wireless controller then AC2 is compeltely broken, if you are using a wired controller then it should work. THe bindings just do not work properly on AC2 with a wireless controller, you need to download emulators to manually bind controller keys. They might not have fixed the support in brotherhood im not sure

EvOlVE_3

There is a fix for that download this and place in your assassin creeds 2 install folder and wireless controller works like ti should.

http://www.fileplanet.com/212510/210000/fileinfo/Wireless-Xbox360-fix-for-Assassin%27s-Creed-I-and-II

Avatar image for Sazzie278402749
#13 Posted by Sazzie278402749 (25 posts) -
Hi, I've just bought Assassin's Creed 1 for PC. Does anyone know what button is used for Short blade, throwing knives, hidden blade, swords and fists? I use a 360 controller. It says hat switch but no matter when i look i can not find out where or what that is.
#14 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6427 posts) -
Hi, I've just bought Assassin's Creed 1 for PC. Does anyone know what button is used for Short blade, throwing knives, hidden blade, swords and fists? I use a 360 controller. It says hat switch but no matter when i look i can not find out where or what that is.Sazzie278402749
Pretty sure its the D-Pad.
#15 Posted by rhediamond (62 posts) -

I recently bought AC I & II Ultimate Collection. I wanted to use my wireless xbox 360 controller for Windows. When I go to the controls options to choose the xbox controller, it is not there. I know that my controller works with Win 8, because I used it with Tomb Raider. Is it possible to use the controller in this game? Please help me. I read somewhere that I could download Xpadder, but I want to try the forum first.