As if the wait for Guild Wars 2 wasnt bad enough...Beta testing announced!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
I cant wait for GW2. SWOR is holding my attention but everything about GW2 screams a breath of fresh air. Here is a interesting article about using your skills in combinations with other classes to create new effects.

LINKY

EDIT: Just found another juicy bit of info. GW2 will begin beta testing in February and have larger tests in the following months!

BETA link
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Nice, thanks for the article link. I'm super excited for how this game is turning out, I'll be picking this one up for certain.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

It is about time someone actually implements combos between skills (possibly between multiple characters) in an mmo. ArcheAge does this as well, and according to beta testers the results are great. More mmos should do this.

Not only does this reward teamwork and coordination, but it also makes combat more dynamic.

Technomancer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Technomancer82
Member since 2011 • 215 Posts

I'm really looking forward to Guild Wars 2.

SWTOR was a very polished version of existing MMO mechanics, but it looks like Guild Wars 2 might finally start to push the genre forward instead of just sticking to the same tired old formula.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Think i just pre-ordered the game.... Yep i did. No tank and healer? I'm having it. No subscription? Oh it's like they knew what I wanted.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
I've been holding out on MMOs (mostly cause they haven't interested me, and the last one I played was WoW) till GW2 comes out so I can say goodbye to social life. Along with Diablo III.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
I dont even like MMO's and i want this like crazy.
Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Stream_Beta
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

I REALLY want ArenaNet to add an integrated VoiP into GW2. It is something that is missing in not

only a lot of MMOs but in multiplayer games in general.

It's great using a 4rd party VoiP when you are in a guild. But it would be really nice

to be able to talk with strangers when you are not playing with your friends or guildies.

I don't know how they are going a party system like how they had in the first game, but

even if there isn't some sort of party system they should do a very impressive and complex

VoiP system. To where if someone is "x" amount away from you the two of you will be added

into a VoiP channel that only the two of you can hear. Then when more people get together

they will be added as well. I don't know how large the radius should be, but you could do

a complex point-to-point algorithm.

I know that it would get really annoying when you have around 100 people fighting a boss.

Which is why they should add a channel limit for it. Idk...What do you guys think???

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I hope they manage to push MMO's in a new direction, WoW's been leading the genre for far too long - it's more stale than the FPS genre and that's saying something.

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

Too bad I couldn't find a decent place to pre-order it in Europe.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Think i just pre-ordered the game.... Yep i did. No tank and healer? I'm having it. No subscription? Oh it's like they knew what I wanted.

Yea the no tank and healer part interests me. I can understand classes have a form of subsistence but no tank? Cant wait to see how it will turn out.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Feels like i've been waiting for this game over 10 years...
BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts

I REALLY want ArenaNet to add an integrated VoiP into GW2. It is something that is missing in not

only a lot of MMOs but in multiplayer games in general.

It's great using a 4rd party VoiP when you are in a guild. But it would be really nice

to be able to talk with strangers when you are not playing with your friends or guildies.

I don't know how they are going a party system like how they had in the first game, but

even if there isn't some sort of party system they should do a very impressive and complex

VoiP system. To where if someone is "x" amount away from you the two of you will be added

into a VoiP channel that only the two of you can hear. Then when more people get together

they will be added as well. I don't know how large the radius should be, but you could do

a complex point-to-point algorithm.

I know that it would get really annoying when you have around 100 people fighting a boss.

Which is why they should add a channel limit for it. Idk...What do you guys think???

Stream_Beta

Pretty cool. I like proximity chat features in other games, don't see why it wouldn't work for an MMO.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Can't wait.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
[QUOTE="IxX3xil3d0n3XxI"][QUOTE="JohnF111"]Think i just pre-ordered the game.... Yep i did. No tank and healer? I'm having it. No subscription? Oh it's like they knew what I wanted.

Yea the no tank and healer part interests me. I can understand classes have a form of subsistence but no tank? Cant wait to see how it will turn out.

Yeah that's the biggest reason i pre-ordered. I cannot wait to try a good MMO that doesn't rely on ancient mechanics. The thing where spells and abilities can combine for better effects is like.. :shock: Must try now!
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I dont even like MMO's and i want this like crazy.kris9031998

Same! Only MMO that will bring me back to the genre.

Great gameplay and the lack of a subscription doesn't hurt. :P

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
i loved guild wars 1 i just can't wait for 2 its criminal
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Oh great, February is beta time. Can't wait to play this game.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Maroxad

I cannot wait till the GW2 beta tests start, hopefully I get in.

Oh great, February is beta time. Can't wait to play this game. Miroku32

Beta for the press.

March/April on the other hand, a lot of fans will be able to test the game.

Raxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Raxzor
Member since 2003 • 5399 Posts

This has been my most anticipated game for the last 3 years, and the game will change MMOs forever. This is the best gaming news I have had in years :)

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I cannot wait till the GW2 beta tests start, hopefully I get in.

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]Oh great, February is beta time. Can't wait to play this game. Maroxad

Beta for the press.

March/April on the other hand, a lot of fans will be able to test the game.

Wow, pretty sweet. Unless Diablo III is out by then (looking doubtful), then I'll be all over trying to grab a key!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Maroxad

I didnt feel like creating yet another Guild Wars 2. So I added more news in the thread that I considered the most suitable. An interview was posted today, and here is some juicy info regarding WvWvW.

• 4 WvWvW maps, each being able to contain around 500 players each. However, they are not done fully optimizing the game yet, so that number can easily be increased.
  • Players will be notified where the action is. On the map you will see a marker if there is fighting going on there.
  • Smaller objectives may only require 2-3 people.
  • To obtain resources (and these are needed for to accomplish your objectives), teamwork will be needed.
  • Siege weapons include Trebuchets (which are bigger than those in the Kylo map and can fire across the map), catapults, and... siege suits, AKA a Mech. Go punch down those walls.
  • Keeps are larger than the Kylo map, and in varied locations, one is centered around a mountain, whereas another is built around the river, defenders of this keep may have to watch out from opponents coming from underwater.
  • In addition to keeps there are towers. These are much smaller.

Here is the interview

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2012/01/guild-wars-2-pvp-roundtable/

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

I hope they manage to push MMO's in a new direction, WoW's been leading the genre for far too long - it's more stale than the FPS genre and that's saying something.

cyborg100000
Don't expect much to change in the future. Blizzard will release Titan (in 2015), it will take 2/3 of the whole MMO market share (if they discontinue WoW by then), and then every other developer will release carbon copies of it. So, basically a repeat of what WoW did in the past 5 years.