Arkham City, Deus EX: HR, Witcher 2, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts

1. Arkham City

2. Deus Ex

3. Witcher 2

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts
___________________________________________ #1 Deus EX: HR #2 Arkham City #3 Bioshock Infinite ___________________________________________ i imagine witcher 2 would have made it in there but i haven't played it yet... tomb raider was also good, just not as good as those other three.
Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Stream_Beta
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

#1   The Witcher 2

#2   Arkham City

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Deus Ex 3, Tomb Raider, and Bioshock 3.

I also really liked Witcher 2, but after playing Dark Souls, the combat is a complete joke.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

1, Witcher 2

2, Tomb Raider

3, Human Revolution.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

1. Witcher 2

2. Deus Ex HR

3. ARkham City

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#57 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings- One of the best games I've ever played.  Assassins of Kings is highly replayable and one of the most well-written games I've played in years.

2. BioShock Infinite- A fun shooter that's bolstered by an intriguing story, great characters, beautiful art design and a world that's worth exploring.

3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution- It's a great action/stealth/RPG hybrid that has its fair share of flaws, but is compelling enough to see through to its end.  Even if the choice of endings are pointless since it's a prequel.  Generally well written and fun to play though.

Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
1. Batman AC. I had a blast with this game, even playing it on a lowly Mac Mini 2011. Good story, nice graphics (could probably have been much nicer on my new rig), tight gameplay. 2. Tomb Raider. I LOVED this game. I'm a big 3rd person fan. Reminded me of Uncharted a lot, though less gunplay. Secondary characters are forgettable, but not too annoying. 3. Deux HR: Most of the game I loved, but the bosses are just stupid. WAY Too hard, completely different from the rest of the game... I stopped playing at the 2nd or 3rd one (they're few and far between)... It ruined the game for me. The devs even apologized for it, they outsourced that part of the game... Didn't play the other ones.
Maverick6585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Maverick6585
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

#1 Bioshock Infinite

#2 Tomb Raider

#3 Crysis 3

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

Crysis 3 is just a benchmark, If you dont have a high-end pc, no reason to play it.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#61 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Just buy TW1, Arkham City, and Deus Ex HR. Thank me later. Skip Crysis 3 the Turd.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

You can get Arkham city GOTY, Deus ex and the witcher 2 enhanced for less than 20 bucks during steam sales, and they are light years better than the rest.

You should also play arkham asylum first so you even appreciate arkham city more.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#63 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

My top 3, all of them must-play titles.

1. The Witcher 2: Asassins of Kings
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
3. Batman: Arkham City

And here's 4-6.

4. Tomb Raider
5. Bioshock Infinite
6. Crysis 3

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#64 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

I haven't played to the middle-mark of Arkham City yet but I've played many of the games you've asked about.  So, I will go ahead and rate based on my ENJOYMENT, but not necessarily in order of merit:

1.) Deus Ex HR -- The story was good.  The combat was good.  Plus...I prefer sci-fi to fantasy.

2.) Witcher 2 -- Amazing graphics.  Fun swordplay.  Wonderful story with great pacing (particularly on the Roche path.)

3.) Arkham City -- Good game but just finished playthru x 2.5 on Arkham Asylum so I took a break from Arkham City.  Once I finish my 2nd playthru of Witcher 2 I will spend more time on this game.  (I enjoy RPGs better when I'm not playing a bunch at once.) 

One concern I have is that normally I LOVE open world games but in this instance I prefer the linearity of Asylum.  Seems like finding a location/hideout is a puzzle in and of itself, and so far the interiors have been underwhelming once you do.  Side missions feel hectic and cluttered and seem to be the only real reward for exploring.  Physics puzzles (ie joker riddles) are not my favorite component of games.  Added moves in the freeflow combat are fun, but placing the action in huge settings makes slugging it out on the streets of Arkham feel less meaty than the narrow chambers of Arkahm Asylum.  If Arkham Asylum felt like duking it out with your friends as rambunctious kids, than Arkham City feels like the action-figures version.

I don't want the Arkham franchise to give up on open-worlds though.  The story is great and I am looking forward to continuing batman's encounters.  The beginning sets a great Gotham-meets-Escape-from-New-York vibe that creates that sense of peril.  Maybe ARkham City will shoot farther up the list once I start playing again.

4.) Bioshock Infinite -- I liked the combination of powers and gunplay.  I was accidentally playing on hard almost to the end; I think I would have enjoyed it more had I played more on medium.  Once you get in a certain range ALL the AI is aggro'd at once and automatically they all know where you are.  Plus, they are already bullet sponges.  I thought hard cheapened the experience making the enemies feel like inorganic bots.  I also would've liked to have seen more of Einstein's theory of time and space being relative explored.  Claims of the story being deep, weighty, complex or provocative seem more pretentious than intellectual, and an opportunity was missed.

What I'm saying is that (I believe) Einstein -- who was alive during the State Fair period -- proved that mankind experiences time in a linear fashion because our tiny little brains can't really process what's really going on.  And that is everything...at once...everything is happening...all at once.  Like chaos.  The story addressed the rifts and alternate realities and time travel in a way that felt more like gaming fantasy.  They could've elevated it by highlighting that there is more truth to their story than they were leading us to believe.

That's my two cents.  They are all great games though.  (I haven't played Crysis 3 or Tomb Raider so no comment on those.)

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

1. Deus Ex:HR 

2. Tomb Raider 

3. The Withcer 2 

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#66 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Replaying Arkham City, I have to reaffirm my belief it is the best of the bunch. But please play Asylum first to get a greater appreciation, City is just so much bigger and full of callbacks and such, it is worth going through it in order.

robertlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 robertlie
Member since 2003 • 866 Posts

#1:Witcher 2

#2:Arkham City

3#:Deus Ex: HR