Aren't you sick of people like this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

griffy2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 griffy2013
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts

I have played multiple games this kid wants to play and they've all been shitty games, literally every time.  I always mention something actually good and he just dismisses it, because he only wants to play what he wants to play.  Today I mentioned a co-op survival horror game called "cry of fear" free on steam right now.  His response is this. 

"

I get so absorbed in RPGs that I tend to not spend a lot of time trying new stuff.
(5:59:46 PM) Captain N Kevin: And I'll admit I'm quick to dismiss a game if I see a floating gun and crosshairs. 
(6:00:03 PM) Captain N Kevin: I'm pretty bad at them, tbh.
(6:00:21 PM) Captain N Kevin: I'd still like to get that Walking Dead one though. Kind of a letdown that it wasn't multi co-op.

"

So trying new things makes no sense in his opinion.  Dismisses games with a floating gun and a crosshair... need I say more here.  That walking dead game was **** awful and everyone said it was on here as well.  I just don't get idiots like this.  Does anyone else run into these morons on the reg.  It really makes me rethink friendship when someone just wants to live in their own world of shit and never open their eyes.

ClassicRockFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ClassicRockFTW
Member since 2012 • 1106 Posts
Are you african american by any chance?
griffy2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 griffy2013

White 25

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I hate your font size

griffy2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 griffy2013

It would be nice to get comments actually relating to the topic.  And sorry not all of us are trying to go blind sitting directly in front of the monitor.  It was sized up to make it easier to read.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Quick everyone, add "Captain N Kevin" to your friends list and tell him about this thread! but seriously, why are you talking to somebody you think is an "idiot"
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#7 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Change your font size. Dont worry about what other people like, nor should you really make it much of your business to tell another person what they should play (unless they ask). The guy admitted to dismissing a game for a reason of being bad at them, there is nothing wrong with that. He is not really an idiot for having preferences.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Yeah, it is frustrating when someone is so close minded to other games, but after all, they're the ones missing out.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lostrib

sounds like he just doesn't like shooter types of games

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The sh!t is this crap? :?

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]Change your font size. Dont worry about what other people like, nor should you really make it much of your business to tell another person what they should play (unless they ask). The guy admitted to dismissing a game for a reason of being bad at them, there is nothing wrong with that. He is not really an idiot for having preferences.

What ! He's totaly an idiot for having "preferences". Its our duty as gamers to pave the way and lead idiots like him to The Promised Land.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

What do you want to do? We all have different preferences. Some people are set in their preference. That's just the way it is.

I for one am tired of:

1. Modern warfare and WW2-themed shooters

2. RPGs set in medieval times or before there was electricity.

I skipped games like Dark Souls, Skyrim, The Witcher 2, BF3, the CoD games, etc.

I prefer futuristic settings for the above.

griffy2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 griffy2013

What I am simply trying to say is.  It is just annoying when someone you game with is on a one way street.  The reason I mention this is because it has happened on almost every occasion.  Even my other friend has tried mutliple times just to get him to try some other games with us that actually have multiplayer.  Single player is good and all, but I feel one misses alot when they aren't playing any multiplayer games any more.  It's almost a sign of being a sociopath in my opinion.  It should be give and take.  It is also annoying when the person is more interested in turn based games rather than real time.... don't even get me started on that.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

#1: The Walking Dead is f!cking amazing(game not show)

griffy2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 griffy2013

#1: The Walking Dead is f!cking amazing(game not show)

Wolfetan

http://www.gamespot.com/the-walking-dead-survival-instinct/   then ??

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

I see what the OP is saying. but maybe the person is just too little to understand certain things yet I remember when i used to not play games just because the box didnt look cool or something but I grew up and now pretty much any game I see I have an interest in playing. Being on my computer is better than real life :P

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

People who use huge fonts? Hell yes I am.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib

What I am simply trying to say is.  It is just annoying when someone you game with is on a one way street.  The reason I mention this is because it has happened on almost every occasion.  Even my other friend has tried mutliple times just to get him to try some other games with us that actually have multiplayer.  Single player is good and all, but I feel one misses alot when they aren't playing any multiplayer games any more.  It's almost a sign of being a sociopath in my opinion.  It should be give and take.  It is also annoying when the person is more interested in turn based games rather than real time.... don't even get me started on that.

griffy2013

are you fvcking serious? No wonder he doesn't want to play multiplayer games with you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lostrib

People who use huge fonts? Hell yes I am.

the_bi99man

agreed

chunkowookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chunkowookie
Member since 2012 • 270 Posts

griffy2013

Wait a minute... are you actually saying you think a person might be a sociopath because they don't like playing multiplayer games? Or because they like turn based games? 

You sir, are mind-bogglingly stupid, and it's really as simple as that. Get your own fvcked up self figured out before you try to analyze your friends over their game preferences. You're the one showing signs of being a sociopath here.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

griffy2013
I don't think I would want to play any games with you either. I pick one MP game and stick to it. I don't want to play several at one time. Anyways, my friend who I play BF3 with just plays mp games, do I think he is an idiot? No. I can't beleive you made a thread on this. Sociopath? Are you kidding me? You think it's bad he likes turn based? Dude.....seriously.
thebaiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thebaiter
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

that moment when your friend reads the conversation you pasted. Everyone has different taste in games sometimes i dont want to play ANYTHING

Mogzsnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Mogzsnet
Member since 2004 • 200 Posts

I have played multiple games this kid wants to play and they've all been shitty games, literally every time.  I always mention something actually good and he just dismisses it, because he only wants to play what he wants to play.  Today I mentioned a co-op survival horror game called "cry of fear" free on steam right now.  His response is this. 

"

I get so absorbed in RPGs that I tend to not spend a lot of time trying new stuff.
(5:59:46 PM) Captain N Kevin: And I'll admit I'm quick to dismiss a game if I see a floating gun and crosshairs. 
(6:00:21 PM) Captain N Kevin: I'd still like to get that Walking Dead one though. Kind of a letdown that it wasn't multi co-op.

"

So trying new things makes no sense in his opinion.  Dismisses games with a floating gun and a crosshair... need I say more here.  That walking dead game was **** awful and everyone said it was on here as well.  I just don't get idiots like this.  Does anyone else run into these morons on the reg.  It really makes me rethink friendship when someone just wants to live in their own world of shit and never open their eyes.

griffy2013

At the end of the day I don't take issue with anyone having preferences or a lack there of. As a PC gamer I constantly hear people sputtering nonsense about PC gaming dying, yet frankly I could care less. As long as I'm happy playing the games I like, on the platform I like, then do I really have any right to judge a person on what they enjoy? Some things just don't appeal to people. Take me for instance, I have zero interest in racing games. I'm aware they exist, I know people love them, I see the great ratings they get, however I still will not play them. Does that mean I'm closed minded? Perhaps. Does that mean I know what I like? Absolutely.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib

Wow I can see this board is full of retarded virgins.  The statements I made are based upon years of knowing this individual and if you knew him you would think the same.  Instead all you morons wanna do is be butt hurt about someone you don't even know instead of just answering the simple question.  Do you know anyone who is pretty much one sided in everything and yes that is sociopathic if you are too stupid to figure it out.  For **** sake what is wrong with all of you.  WAAAAAh the text is too big.  WAAAAH I'm not surprised he doesn't wanna do this or that.  Pretty pathetic.

griffy2013

You sound pretty one sided

And i'm not sure you know how sociopathy is defined

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Let me help you out TC... people are idiots. Get used to it, because those idiots are mating and making more idiots every day.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

Let me help you out TC... people are idiots. Get used to it, because those idiots are mating and making more idiots every day.

moistsandwich

from the looks of it, TC is one of those idiots

timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts

Surround yourself with crumby people, complain about crumby life.

wut

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Nope. I don't really like people, so I just avoid them. Single player ftw.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
I enjoy first person online murder simulators. You get to meet all kind of new and interesting people, and then kill them. When it comes to people's opinions, unless they're founded in logic or fact, I usually ignore them. Personal opinions are just that, personal. Feel free to share them but don't expect people to give a shit.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_bi99man

Wow I can see this board is full of retarded virgins.  The statements I made are based upon years of knowing this individual and if you knew him you would think the same.  Instead all you morons wanna do is be butt hurt about someone you don't even know instead of just answering the simple question.  Do you know anyone who is pretty much one sided in everything and yes that is sociopathic if you are too stupid to figure it out.  For **** sake what is wrong with all of you.  WAAAAAh the text is too big.  WAAAAH I'm not surprised he doesn't wanna do this or that.  Pretty pathetic.

griffy2013

You go ahead and keep on trollin, dumbass. And enjoy your ban.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Why do you care so much about what your friend likes and his playing style? Play what you like and let him miss out on everything. His loss.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#33 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Thread backfires and TC gets angry
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
why do you care what he plays?
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_bi99man

why do you care what he plays?JigglyWiggly_

Because TC is a sociopath, but he doesn't know it, and thinks his friends are, instead.

Also because he doesn't know what a sociopath is.

Also because he's very stupid.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

"

"

griffy2013

Sorry mate readed your topic 2 times , and still cant understand your point, however English is my third language so dont mind me.