Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@Nick3306: Well enjoy your "silky smooth" 20 FPS with constant stuttering and slowdown. Such better graphics!!!...rofl...

You might want to look up the difference between graphics and game play. Please try to understand what you're arguing about, i know it must be hard for you, but i have faith that you will eventually get it.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@saintsatan: I own everyone too and no DS2 isn't even in the same league. DF said the remastered PS4 version even looks better then the PC version and manages 60fps. BB is only 30 fps and that's because it has significantly better textures, geometry and lighting. You are delusional to say DS 2 looks better because it simply doesn't.

The PS4 isn't going to be able to push a more demanding game at double the frames.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/face-off-dark-souls-2-31956621/#47

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@saintsatan: I own everyone too and no DS2 isn't even in the same league. DF said the remastered PS4 version even looks better then the PC version and manages 60fps. BB is only 30 fps and that's because it has significantly better textures, geometry and lighting. You are delusional to say DS 2 looks better because it simply doesn't.

The PS4 isn't going to be able to push a more demanding game at double the frames.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/face-off-dark-souls-2-31956621/#47

I own Demon Souls, Dark souls and have played Dark souls 2 on both PS3 and PC. I never bought it because I knew they would do a remaster and I was correct. You can feel free to check my trophy list on PSN

TheSterls.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@Nick3306: Well enjoy your "silky smooth" 20 FPS with constant stuttering and slowdown. Such better graphics!!!...rofl...

Its mostly 30 fps , I love how can dip into 20fps online due to bad network code and all of a sudden its 20fps. LMAO!

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@Nick3306 said:

@saintsatan said:

You might want to look up the difference between graphics and game play. Please try to understand what you're arguing about, i know it must be hard for you, but i have faith that you will eventually get it.

Now you're just blatantly trolling. Frames are literally the graphics. Frames make up the graphics and animation. How smooth the frames are (frames per second) affect the look of the game greatly. If you're playing something that stutters every few seconds it's gonna look awful and irritate the hell out of you. A still screenshot doesn't mean jack shit if it's running at 5 frames per second. Go troll on 4chainz or reddit, no one falls for such dumb ass shit here.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#56 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 15276 Posts

People can argue about framerates and texture qualities all they want, but at the end of the day this game has one of the most striking visual styles I've seen. It's beautiful, jaggies and laggies and all IMO

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SaintSatan

@xantufrog said:

People can argue about framerates and texture qualities all they want, but at the end of the day this game has one of the most striking visual styles I've seen. It's beautiful, jaggies and laggies and all IMO

I agree, it looks great even with the blurry jaggy laggy and all. I love the setting but I wish it were a bit more varied. I think the enemy design is a lot better than Dark Souls and the bosses were pretty cool. Even with all that's good it was still a bit disappointing...not much armor and weapons, ho-hum online, dumb down stats/game play, too easy, ect. Still a 10/10 compared to other games but I'd still give the edge to Dark Souls.

Demons Souls 10/10

Dark Souls 10/10

Dark Souls II 10/10

Bloodborne 10/10

I had to check to see if this Tweet was real and it is rofl...

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10173 Posts

Damn this thread turned into "Breath of Fire IV PC has better graphics than Uncharted 2" in no time...

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

Hey, thanks to them I'm replaying original Dark Souls, not dissapointed at all since I didn't even finish it.

I'm sure Bloodborne will be released on PC next year, maybe even this year - depends how much exclusively it will remain, so far it's the new hot thing that everyone plays; I don't think sony will give this cherry right away since it's between war with Microsoft XOne

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

Hey, thanks to them I'm replaying original Dark Souls, not dissapointed at all since I didn't even finish it.

I'm sure Bloodborne will be released on PC next year, maybe even this year - depends how much exclusively it will remain, so far it's the new hot thing that everyone plays; I don't think sony will give this cherry right away since it's between war with Microsoft XOne

Sony owns the IP and sony japan studio co developed it. So never.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SaintSatan

@PredatorRules: Never ever since Sony owns it. It has the same chances of Uncharted and The Last of Us coming to PC, which is 0%.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@PredatorRules: Never ever since Sony owns it. It has the same chances of Uncharted and The Last of Us coming to PC, which is 0%.

@Gamerno6666 said:

@PredatorRules said:

Sony owns the IP and sony japan studio co developed it. So never.

Hey, don't say never, Final Fantasy came to PC after 5 years or so, didn't it? :D

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts
@saintsatan said:

@xantufrog said:

I agree, it looks great even with the blurry jaggy laggy and all. I love the setting but I wish it were a bit more varied. I think the enemy design is a lot better than Dark Souls and the bosses were pretty cool. Even with all that's good it was still a bit disappointing...not much armor and weapons, ho-hum online, dumb down stats/game play, too easy, ect. Still a 10/10 compared to other games but I'd still give the edge to Dark Souls.

Demons Souls 10/10

Dark Souls 10/10

Dark Souls II 10/10

Bloodborne 10/10

I had to check to see if this Tweet was real and it is rofl...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/armored-core-4

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/armored-core-for-answer

Bloodborne feels more like an 8/10

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I would be if all i had is a pc. The game is spectacular, not just "a good game". It will win GOTY everywhere as well. Are people dumb to the point of saying DkS2 is better looking than Bloodborne? This shows that all you have is a pc and have NOT played Bloodborne. I have spent over 400h on DkS2 pc with mods such as gedosato etc, and currently have ~70h in Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 doesn't come close to the amount of details Bloodborne has. Textures are flat In DkS2 while they aren't at all in Bloodborne. Its like comparing unmodded Crysis 1 to Crysis 3 and try to make everyone believe that Crysis 1 looked better. Yes, the difference is THAT big. The main things that 'kinda' ruin the image quality of Bloodborne is FXAA which is abysmal and the piece of shit chromatic aberration. Without these two, this game would've looked absolutely amazing because the attention to detail in the word is there.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I was going to get it for PS4 but then realized Dark souls already owes me a controller so pre ordered GTA 5 for PC instead. Just hope my PC stays stable if I got it working properly lol.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 silversix_

@FelipeInside said:

Lords of the Fallen looks better than BOTH put together....

Yes this one does. But you're playing a POS of a game compared to the Souls series. LotF is like a 5/10 worthy of a game, its mediocre at best but it does look very good and has great particle effects.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SaintSatan

@silversix_ said:

The game is spectacular, not just "a good game".

I love the game but it's by no means spectacular imo. It has way too many issues, especially when compared to Dark Souls.

Very low amount items, too easy - regular enemies and mobs are little to no threat, meh co-op/pvp/online play, incredibly dumbed down in every aspect, no unique builds, crappy end game, bad balancing - overpowered axe and cannon, all environments look very similar - lazy copy & paste in every single area of the game, no shields, guns are underwhelming, too short, insane load times, horrid frame rate drops constantly, locked at 30 FPS, have to teleport back to dream to get to another area (WTF?), and countless other issues.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nick3306

@saintsatan said:

@silversix_ said:

have to teleport back to dream to get to another area (WTF?)

Someone didn't play demon's souls

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SaintSatan
@Nick3306 said:

@saintsatan said:

@silversix_ said:

I own Demons Souls. It didn't have 30-45+ second load times so it wasn't as annoying.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By silversix_

The only problems with Bloodoborne is FXAA, chromatic aberration (these two are personal preference but I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS SHIT IN ANY GAME EVER), having to farm vials after pvp matches because you've been invading chuggers (dark souls flasks were a much better system), not having the ability to refile vials at lamps if you have vials left in your storage, pathetic amount of weapons, waaaaaaay less build variety (by far the lowest in the series which is VERY sad for pvp'er like myself), runs like shit (fps is in 20s the whole duration of an invade if playing again 3 players all using bolt/fire paper or any weapon buff) and that's it. Yes, these are problems and annoyances but even with all of this shit im enjoying the f*ck out of Bloodborne (best campaign of the series by far. People saying there's not enough variety didn't go far enough in the game because there's a lot of places that aren't your main town) and is what i'd consider a "spectacular" game if you're into rpg's and especially the Souls series. See i love the shit out of this game but im not fanboy enough to ignore its problems because problems is what EVERY single Fromsoft game had but they're still amazing games, more than amazing actually.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124911 Posts

@silversix_ said:

The only problems with Bloodoborne is FXAA, chromatic aberration (these two are personal preference but I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS SHIT IN ANY GAME EVER), having to farm vials after pvp matches because you've been invading chuggers (dark souls flasks were a much better system), not having the ability to refile vials at lamps if you have vials left in your storage, pathetic amount of weapons, waaaaaaay less build variety (by far the lowest in the series which is VERY sad for pvp'er like myself), runs like shit (fps is in 20s the whole duration of an invade if playing again 3 players all using bolt/fire paper or any weapon buff) and that's it. Yes, these are problems and annoyances but even with all of this shit im enjoying the f*ck out of Bloodborne (best campaign of the series by far. People saying there's not enough variety didn't go far enough in the game because there's a lot of places that aren't your main town) and is what i'd consider a "spectacular" game if you're into rpg's and especially the Souls series. See i love the shit out of this game but im not fanboy enough to ignore its problems because problems is what EVERY single Fromsoft game had but they're still amazing games, more than amazing actually.

Chuggers and people who turn on cheats when they are close to loose are so annoying.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
@silversix_ said:

@FelipeInside said:

Yes this one does. But you're playing a POS of a game compared to the Souls series. LotF is like a 5/10 worthy of a game, its mediocre at best but it does look very good and has great particle effects.

That I cannot say since I only played it up until after defeating the boss and then stopped because the save points were too far apart. Graphically and artistically though it's probably the best looking game of 2014.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 silversix_

@FelipeInside said:
@silversix_ said:

@FelipeInside said:

That I cannot say since I only played it up until after defeating the boss and then stopped because the save points were too far apart. Graphically and artistically though it's probably the best looking game of 2014.

artistically? I thought it looked like shit. Graphically, tho it looked very good. Art style in that game reminds me of Darksiders and i couldn't stand the art direction in that game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
@silversix_ said:

@FelipeInside said:
@silversix_ said:

@FelipeInside said:

artistically? I thought it looked like shit. Graphically, tho it looked very good. Art style in that game reminds me of Darksiders and i couldn't stand the art direction in that game.

What part looked like shit?

The detail in the environment and the whole dark feel is done very well.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

@saintsatan said:
@Nick3306 said:

@saintsatan said:

@silversix_ said:

I own Demons Souls. It didn't have 30-45+ second load times so it wasn't as annoying.

bloodborne doesnt have 30-45 second load times either....

ive timed them. longest one i have experienced is 22 seconds. that isnt even that long.... majority of loads are 15-17 seconds

Satan... seriously. can you please stop lying. either you havent played the game, or you are just trolling. either way, you need to stop.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SaintSatan

@goodkingmog said:

@saintsatan said:
@Nick3306 said:

@saintsatan said:

@silversix_ said:

ive timed them. longest one i have experienced is 22 seconds. that isnt even that long.... majority of loads are 15-17 seconds

Satan... seriously. can you please stop lying. either you havent played the game, or you are just trolling. either way, you need to stop.

I'm a lying troll? I can't wait to hear your brain dead comeback to this. You need to stop.

You're probably gonna be too ashamed to even reply...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 silversix_

@FelipeInside said:
@silversix_ said:

@FelipeInside said:
@silversix_ said:

@FelipeInside said:

What part looked like shit?

The detail in the environment and the whole dark feel is done very well.

this environment looks interesting and mysterious
this environment looks interesting and mysterious
while this is just generic corridors and its like that for the whole duration of the game. Game may have good textures and lighting but artistically its nothing better than Dragon Age Origins which was just another medieval setting.
while this is just generic corridors and its like that for the whole duration of the game. Game may have good textures and lighting but artistically its nothing better than Dragon Age Origins which was just another medieval setting.

the fact that everything is oversized and the world has no originality to it. Boss and enemy design is flat as well so it doesn't help either.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

@glez13 said:

Damn this thread turned into "Breath of Fire IV PC has better graphics than Uncharted 2" in no time...

LMFAO !

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GoodKingMog

@saintsatan said:

@goodkingmog said:

@saintsatan said:
@Nick3306 said:

@saintsatan said:

@silversix_ said:

I'm a lying troll? I can't wait to hear your brain dead comeback to this. You need to stop.

i literally just loaded in to those locations to prove that you are full of it:

first floor sick room: 30 seconds

central yharnam: 23 seconds

great bridge: 18 seconds

tomb of ocdon: 15 seconds

cathedral ward: 21 seconds

old yharnam: 24 seconds

that is with a 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD.

something is seriously wrong with your little chart there... yet more troll from satan

and is that picture of a box supposed to support you having played the game? because A its a picture of a box, not even a game case.... and B i can print that same picture and show it to you if you want....

seriously, stop. you are making yourself look bad.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nick3306

Shhhh, no one tell satan that no one cares about his bragging rights pictures.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#82 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 15276 Posts

Can someone help me understand what this is argument meant to accomplish? Everyone knows the load times are bad, including the developers. It's entirely possible that they differ on different PS4s (within a reasonable margin, given that the hardware is technically "the same"). But this is PC&Mac game discussion, and we're fighting about how "lame vs not lame" the graphics are and how "bad vs somewhat tolerable" the framerates are on a console game. I understand it started off with a relevant question of "how sad are we it isn't a PC game" but I feel like we're drifting here...

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SaintSatan

@Nick3306: But you clearly care by replying.

@xantufrog: I don't know. I just know he is trolling so I'm having fun with it. I own the game, I've watched streams of the game for hours, I've seen plenty of sites report about the load times so I know how long they are. I feel ashamed of myself for arguing about such dumb shit. Kill me with your Masamune froggy.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GoodKingMog

@Nick3306 said:

Shhhh, no one tell satan that no one cares about his bragging rights pictures.

LOL....

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By GoodKingMog

@xantufrog said:

Can someone help me understand what this is argument meant to accomplish? Everyone knows the load times are bad, including the developers. It's entirely possible that they differ on different PS4s (within a reasonable margin, given that the hardware is technically "the same"). But this is PC&Mac game discussion, and we're fighting about how "lame vs not lame" the graphics are and how "bad vs somewhat tolerable" the framerates are on a console game. I understand it started off with a relevant question of "how sad are we it isn't a PC game" but I feel like we're drifting here...

i expect you to mod saintsatan xantufrog.... considering several of his posts break conduct/behavior rules. thanks.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 124911 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@goodkingmog said:

@saintsatan said:
@Nick3306 said:

@saintsatan said:

@silversix_ said:

The fact that loading times are so long with a SSD... Horrible coding from From Software. Has to be.

Now will you fellow folks in this thread kindly refrain from attacking each others?!?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Honestly, I'm bummed that From Software is incompetent on coding the game-engine side of things and couldn't even make the game properly on PS4.

1) Bloodborne looks graphically archaic; the animations are arcadey and sparse, the world is completely static and motionless, there's a lack of impressive texturework, eye-catching aliasing and shimmering, etc. It basically looks like they took Demon's Souls, made it 1080P, changed the art style, and made a moderate update to the models, textures, and environments. Demon's Souls looked pretty old for its time too, so it all just looks so...old. If this game came out in 2009 on PC, I'd have accused it of looking old, six years ago.

2) The performance is crap. 30 FPS feels very unresponsive in games that demand tight timing and working of controls. It's not just that it's 30 FPS though - it's the fact that it often drops below that. As soon as you enable the multiplayer component and begin cooping and doing invasions, you'll start seeing consistent drops into the single digits in situations where you need a smooth framerate. Maybe that's why the online feels so empty compared to the Souls games? People probably don't want to deal with the multiplayer because it turns into a shitty lag fest. Occasionally there are drops in the singleplayer but it's not as bad as, for example, Blight Town in Dark Souls. Unfortunately most of us like to fully enjoy all the components of the product they purchased.

You can't really say "Oh, that's just graphics though, I only care about gameplay" when a low frame rate has a direct impact on someone's experience with the gameplay. 30 FPS for hectic action sucks ass. From Software really dropped the ball on this one. If they weren't going to make the framerate rock solid, could'n't they have at least delivered a game with a decent graphical presentation? Or reasonable load times?

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SaintSatan

@KHAndAnime: I agree with all of that. The graphics are average at best. I can't for the life of me understand people praising them. Like you said the low FPS is really terrible for such fast paced action game. Even with all of its problems Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin feels so much nicer in comparison. I really hope Bloodborne gets a PC port because it will fix a lot of major problems but the chances are pretty much 0%.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@KHAndAnime: I agree with all of that. The graphics are average at best. I can't for the life of me understand people praising them. Like you said the low FPS is really terrible for such fast paced action game. Even with all of its problems Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin feels so much nicer in comparison. I really hope Bloodborne gets a PC port because it will fix a lot of major problems but the chances are pretty much 0%.

Can't sympathize. I don't want DMC: From Software Edition ported over to PC. I still haven't even tried the DKSII crown dlc.

A PC port would mean a large decrease in desperate PS4 purchase validation threads. I like to read them in between my Monday classes.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SaintSatan

@skelly34 said:

@saintsatan said:

Can't sympathize. I don't want DMC: From Software Edition ported over to PC. I still haven't even tried the DKSII crown dlc.

A PC port would mean a large decrease in desperate PS4 purchase validation threads. I like to read them in between my Monday classes.

Bloodborne is not even remotely close to DMC in any way. What a dumb trolly thing to call it.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

Tried Dark Souls and wasn't that impressed with it. Cruddy looking graphics, controls that feel like playing with boxing gloves on, and no story. Also I feel like we've moved beyond the cheap, sadistic level design of NES games, but Souls seems to want to return to that era. Just another overrated console hack and slash game IMO. I doubt we're really missing much with Bloodborne.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SaintSatan
@bigfootpart2 said:

Tried Dark Souls and wasn't that impressed with it. Cruddy looking graphics, controls that feel like playing with boxing gloves on, and no story. Also I feel like we've moved beyond the cheap, sadistic level design of NES games, but Souls seems to want to return to that era. Just another overrated console hack and slash game IMO. I doubt we're really missing much with Bloodborne.

You're the minority. Dark Souls is highly praised around here because it's absolutely brilliant. Dark Souls and Bloodborne are among the best games of the generation.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

Pc master race would care about pillars, numenera, shadowrun and the likes

Bloodborne? Wtf is that shit?

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#94 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

Let's just hope after selling this IP lock, stock and barrel to playstation, Miyazagi goes back to more independence. Otherwise I will suit up in my most leveled-up gear (that I have sitting around the house) and rescue the fair princess hidetaka miyazagi from the suit-and-tied corporate console dragons holing her up in their corporate tower. (Holy crap, I just wrote his next game.)

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

Oh i forgot, its Miyazaki like the film director, not Miyazagi.

BigBeard86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BigBeard86
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

i also have bloodborne on ps4, and the graphics/frame rate are horrendous. i feel like i am blind and can't see details. the game looks like an xbox 360 game. graphics wise, it is utter garbage. plus, it can be frustratingly difficult in the beginning.don't know how this game got a 9. i would not give it more than a 6.