Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

As a card-carrying member of the PC Master Race, I am a little bummed about Bloodborne. Hidetake Miyazagi is a genius. When I think of the meticulous level-design of Dark Souls, I am in awe in the same way some might look at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, or a duet by John Lennon and Paul McCartney. The man is on a whole other level.

I won't get a console because then my friends would never see me. Too bad then that it is my understanding Bloodborne is not going to be released on PC. Bloodborne property is owned outright by Sony and they won't go shooting themselves in the foot no matter how long we wait. Any other steadfast PC gamers bummed about the lack of Miyazagi's Bloodborne on personal computers?

I have one friend who is passing thru town a lot lately. He asked me if I wanted him to bring his Xbox. I was like, "No." Why oh why couldn't he have a Playstation, people?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I have the game on PS4 and I am majorly bummed out. After playing DS on PC, it is painful to play Bloodborne on console. It has terrible loading and framerate/frame pacing issues. Also, the graphics are not very good. I stopped playing after a couple of hours and I am waiting for a performance patch. Technical issues really bother me and ruin my enjoyment of games. I just feel like this game is wasted on console. All that effort to create it and the PS4 just holds it back and ruins it.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I just a got a (free) PS4 so no, not really. Game is pretty sweet but I will say this...the loading times are no joke. To be honest it's almost ruining the game for me. I have a PC with all SSD and I can boot and shut down windows three times over in the amount of time it takes Bloodborne to load a level. Maybe my tolerance to this stuff is low being a mostly PC gamer as well...but it's really bad.

Hopefully it at some point comes to the PC which will undoubtedly be a much improved version.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fire_Wa11

Maybe one day I will pick up a Playstation. After all, the Origami Killer will be running around free until I do.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I'll get it one day when PS4 is cheaper... And has come in a mini version. If I remember it.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@BassMan: Bloodborne kicks the shit out of Dark Souls 2 visuals regardless of what platform you play it on.

Blabber about the PS4 holding it back all you want, it's the best looking game FS has ever produced.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

Its funny that people say the graphics isn't good in Bloodborne when Dark Souls graphics is spectacularly mediocre. Bloodborne is a significant upgrade to Dark Souls 2 graphics.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fire_Wa11

@Pedro: I also find Dark Souls' graphics to be lame. Dark Souls is awesome but some of the creatures come off as more funny than scary which I attribute to the weaker graphics. Dark Souls feels kind of like Walt Disney having a nightmare which, again, I attribute to the graphics.

A skeleton got knocked out of place and I could see it thru a whole in the wall climbing stairs to get back at me. This was during my first few hours of Dark Souls ever. That should have scared the crap out of me. Instead it was just funny. I laughed and laughed. Then, I died and died. Good times.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BassMan

If you like chromatic aberration, general blurriness and still a shitload of aliasing, then sure Bloodborne has good graphics, I guess.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horgen  Moderator

@Pedro said:

Its funny that people say the graphics isn't good in Bloodborne when Dark Souls graphics is spectacularly mediocre. Bloodborne is a significant upgrade to Dark Souls 2 graphics.

Even to the DX11 version of Dark Souls 2?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

If you are a patient person, what I usually do is just wait until the generation is over, picking up a console and literally 50 odd games for next to nothing.

It's great as well as you can objectively look at games better without the hype of the moment clouding it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horgen  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

If you are a patient person, what I usually do is just wait until the generation is over, picking up a console and literally 50 odd games for next to nothing.

It's great as well as you can objectively look at games better without the hype of the moment clouding it.

If I do that, my son will beat me in all of them. :(

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@Pedro: @AM-Gamer: I own both. Dark Souls II has far FAR FAR better graphics, even the older version. There is no contest at all, Dark Souls blows away Bloodborne visually. You guys need your eyes checked or you didn't play both or you're blatant fanboys or all of thee above. Anyways both games are 10/10, one is not better than the other. It's a shame Bloodborne isn't for PC and never will be because Sony owns it, not From Software. A must buy if you own a PS4.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

One game isn't enough to bum me out much... It looks fun and I'd like to play it, but there's also so many other things I have to play that I'll be fine. What would bum me out is if FF15 and some other games never come to PC, between those and all the ps4 exclusives I'd feel an actual need to get a ps4, which is something I want to avoid right now. So 1 game = no bum. hella games = hella bum.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator

@saintsatan said:

@Pedro: @AM-Gamer: I own both. Dark Souls II has far FAR FAR better graphics, even the older version. There is no contest at all, Dark Souls blows away Bloodborne visually. You guys need your eyes checked or you didn't play both or you're blatant fanboys or all of thee above. Anyways both games are 10/10, one is not better than the other. It's a shame Bloodborne isn't for PC and never will be because Sony owns it, not From Software. A must buy if you own a PS4.

If it wasn't for the PS4 exclusivity, I would pre-order the collector edition or whichever gives me most extra stuff that I can place in my shelf. :P

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Naw, I've got it on PS4. It is a shame we can't have it on PC with all the nice bells and whistles, but it's fun enough with console limitations. One thing that's a little bothersome is the rather low FPS target. It's usually 30 or lower - and it's really not as much fun having to partake in this challenging adventure when you have frame lag up the ass.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I own both (actually all three), and Bloodborne has better graphics IMO. Texture, effect, and lighting wise it's no competition. Bloodborne also is denser graphically (item in the scene, effects from fire/etc, details building, etc). I will say Dark Souls 2 has some cooler/impressive looking vistas but I am pretty early in Bloodborne so maybe I'll get to see some similarly impressive stuff there.

Anyways the loading times blow...wish this was on the PC.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Ehh....heard Dark Souls was better anyway, as there's a lot more ways to go about playing it/build types.

They all look great to me graphics wise.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

At release I was upset aswell to know it won't come for pc, but the more I watched gameplays from it the more I can get over it. I don't like some of the gameplay changes from the souls game, its arcady, less tactical, very less options to builds (very few changes that I like) and medieval setting just appeals way more to me. Ofcourse the game looks better, its on the new generation of consoles duh. Definately not gonna buy a console just for this game.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SaintSatan
@horgen said:

@saintsatan said:

If it wasn't for the PS4 exclusivity, I would pre-order the collector edition or whichever gives me most extra stuff that I can place in my shelf. :P

That's actually still sealed. I bought it on PSN so I would be able to play at midnight...bought it twice lol. Also got the Collectors Edition Guide preordered. I'll sell it all to ya ;)

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

@BassMan said:

If you like chromatic aberration, general blurriness and still a shitload of aliasing, then sure Bloodborne has good graphics, I guess.

lol nice troll

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GoodKingMog

@saintsatan said:

you are such a liar.... there is absolutely no comparison in graphics between DS2 and bloodborne..... bloodborne absolutely has superior graphics. it is not even a question.

i think its pretty easy to see which has the better graphics... and how big of a liar you are. BTW the image below is from scholar of the first sin... so... not even with the graphics overhaul does it look better....

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 horgen  Moderator

@saintsatan said:
@horgen said:

@saintsatan said:

That's actually still sealed. I bought it on PSN so I would be able to play at midnight...bought it twice lol. Also got the Collectors Edition Guide preordered. I'll sell it all to ya ;)

I'm not getting the game for another year or two, so not interested. =/

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Lords of the Fallen looks better than BOTH put together....

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GoodKingMog

@Pedro said:

@saintsatan said:

Then you are an idiot. This is NOT a debate. It is NOT an opinion. The fact that you are trying to claim to the contrary shows you are illogically blinded. No one with basic vision would make such an moronic claim that DS 2 graphics is not only better but far FAR FAR better. People should not be allowed to be this stupid.

lol i posted the same thing.... satan is a troll

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@FelipeInside said:

I am not sure I agree. Lord of the Fallen is about the same technically as Bloodborne but I found that Bloodborne design was stronger. But this is purely base on my recollection. I did enjoy the look of Lord of the Fallen, not so much the gameplay. Goosh, that was a painful experience.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Imagine DS and DS2 with forty second loads after every death, grinding for healing items, less than half the armor sets and even less weapons than that, and waiting a half hour or more for every coop or pvp session. Does that sound like a good time to you?

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

I'm not bummed about bloodborne think it's mostly because I didn't like dark souls ...too much hack and slash for a RPG game not to mention how crappy it's pc port was , though modders fixed most of the problems and dark souls 2 looked far better than the first one but we need to accept this fact that from software is no pc game developer

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BassMan

@FelipeInside said:

Truth. It also allows you to turn off that damn chromatic aberration.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SaintSatan

@goodkingmog: That's not a screenshot, it's a promotional picture.

@goodkingmog: @Pedro: Thanks for proving my point. Bloodborne is so incredibly blurry and grainy because it has no AA not to mention the 20-30 frames per second it runs at looks awful. Bloodborne has constant slowdown and choppy gameplay even with lesser graphics than Dark Souls. On top of that shit every area in Bloodborne looks the exact same whereas Dark Souls II has a lot more variety and has much more unique and different areas. If you think Dark Souls II maxed out at 60 FPS looks worse than blurry/grainy/choppy Bloodborne running at 20-30 FPS then I have no words for you except LOL.

*paragraph removed by moderator*

This screenshot is without the AA because Steam screenshots is not capable of capturing AA in most games for some reason. Even without AA it sill looks better than Bloodborne.

If you want to talk about good graphics on PS4 at least use a good example like The Order: 1866. That had really impressive graphics and looked better than Dark Souls II. Couldn't find a good screenshot, oh well...

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AM-Gamer

@saintsatan: I own everyone too and no DS2 isn't even in the same league. DF said the remastered PS4 version even looks better then the PC version and manages 60fps. BB is only 30 fps and that's because it has significantly better textures, geometry and lighting. You are delusional to say DS 2 looks better because it simply doesn't.

The PS4 isn't going to be able to push a more demanding game at double the frames.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Nah not bummed, could simply go buy the game for my PS4. However the parts about the souls games I really liked, seemes to have been stripped from Bloodborne, which makes me cautious about the game to say the least.

But am I bumed it is not on PC? To be honest no, the PS4 quite honestly have nothing worth getting a PS4 for, all exclusives have sucked or been so forgettable cookie cutter that it was hardly worth the time. Bloodborne however does indeed look like a good reason to get the console, as it looks genuinly good (but not catored to my slow defensive stanced way).

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SaintSatan

@AM-Gamer said:

@saintsatan: I own everyone too and no DS2 isn't even in the same league. DF said the remastered PS4 version even looks better then the PC version and manages 60fps. BB is only 30 fps and that's because it has significantly better textures, geometry and lighting. You are delusional to say DS 2 looks better because it simply doesn't.

If it looked like it's promotional screenshot below with sharp clear graphics and ran at constant 60 FPS I might agree but it doesn't. The game looks very blurry/grainy and not crisp. Even regardless of all of that it's not just the technicality of the graphics. Every single area in Bloodborne has the same exact theme/look with little to no variety at all. Dark Souls has a lot more variety in its areas and Bloodborne just copy & pastes the same shit everywhere.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pedro

@saintsatan You are so right, resolution and frame rate are the main factors for graphics. By that brain dead notion Mario 64 running at 4K resolution and 60FPS is far superior graphically to Crysis running at 30FPS at 720p. Can't argue with such sound logic. BTW do you know what blurry even means?

Now if you are saying DS 2 design is stronger then I can concede but I enjoyed Bloodborne environments more than DS2 because of the stronger graphical showcase in spite of the drab theme.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SaintSatan

@Pedro said:

@saintsatan You are so right

Well that settles it!

:-)

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AM-Gamer

@BassMan: No it really doesn't, it uses really low poly environments and the lighting is a step behind as well.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AM-Gamer

@saintsatan: BB is not blurry , it uses high quality motion blur during action but it's clean in stale shots. Regardless is proven the PS4 version runs higher assets then the PC and runs at mostly 60fps. So how is a more technically impressive game running at double the frames on the same hardware by the same dev?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@saintsatan said:

@Pedro said:

@saintsatan You are so right

Well that settles it!

:-)

Now that is just cheating. :|

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GoodKingMog

@saintsatan said:

@goodkingmog: That's not a screenshot, it's a promotional picture.

@goodkingmog: @Pedro: Thanks for proving my point. Bloodborne is so incredibly blurry and grainy because it has no AA not to mention the 20-30 frames per second it runs at looks awful. Bloodborne has constant slowdown and choppy gameplay even with lesser graphics than Dark Souls. On top of that shit every area in Bloodborne looks the exact same whereas Dark Souls II has a lot more variety and has much more unique and different areas. If you think Dark Souls II maxed out at 60 FPS looks worse than blurry/grainy/choppy Bloodborne running at 20-30 FPS then I have no words for you except LOL.

*Paragraph removed by moderator*

This screenshot is without the AA because Steam screenshots is not capable of capturing AA in most games for some reason. Even without AA it sill looks better than Bloodborne.

*removed by moderator*

bloodborne is a better looking game than DS2... by far. your opinion is your opinion... but it is still dumb. sorry.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AM-Gamer

@horgen said:

@Pedro said:

Even to the DX11 version of Dark Souls 2?

Thats not out yet but assuming it looks close to the PS4 version then yes. Bloodborne is more comparable to the first DS2 footage that was shown before it was heavily downgraded. I would say BB still looks better then the first build of DS2.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@Fire_Wa11:

Yes we are.

I know it's almost sacrilege to say it, but I must confess - I have actually considered the thought of buying a ps4 to get tlou remastered and bloodborne!!!

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SaintSatan

@goodkingmog: Thank you, you keep proving my point. Look at how blurry those screenshots are when you open them. Literally everything has a blur to it, foreground and background. I can't understand why. Is it supposed to be some DOF filter? Look at the character model, bottom of the right pillar, statues in the background, and chandelier. It looks like someone smeared vaseline all over the screen...what the ****? How come there isn't a single clear, crisp object?

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@saintsatan said:

I really hope you're trolling.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SaintSatan

@Nick3306: I don't like graphics that are blurry and run at 20 frames per second. I really hope you're trolling.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@Nick3306: I don't like graphics that are blurry and run at 25 frames per second. I really hope you're trolling.

Yes I am clearly trolling, ignore all the other people in the thread that agree with me. lmao.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SaintSatan

@Nick3306: Well enjoy your "silky smooth" 20 FPS with constant stuttering and slowdown. Such better graphics!!!...rofl...

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

No, I beat it once and never looked backed. Super dumbed and stripped down. Less RPG with builds, variety, strats and items. More dumbed down hack and slash. Not to mention it's easier too: No punishment on death, everything is stunlockable, health regen system, etc. Assuming you played a dex build in Dark Souls you'll faceroll every boss without too much difficulty.

There's plenty of hate already. People claim it's worse than Dark Souls 2 was. Despite that absurd 93/100 on metacritic PC is not missing much.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SaintSatan

@skelly34 said:

No, I beat it once and never looked backed. Super dumbed and stripped down. Less RPG with builds, variety, strats and items. More dumbed down hack and slash. Not to mention it's easier too: No punishment on death, everything is stunlockable, health regen system, etc. Assuming you played a dex build in Dark Souls you'll faceroll every boss without too much difficulty.

There's plenty of hate already. People claim it's worse than Dark Souls 2 was. Despite that absurd 93/100 on metacritic PC is not missing much.

Bloodborne's difficulty was by far the most disappointing thing about it imo. Mobs and normal enemies are way too easy, the only challenge were the bosses. The beginning was quite hard and then after that it's a cake-walk. I wish they kept that beginning difficulty throughout the entire game. The end game is also pretty crappy, seems like there isn't much to do. Hopefully it has some good DLC.