-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

At least horror FPS games that are not hide n seek simulators? I'm looking for a good one to play but, ever since around 2010 when Amnesia and co started to become all the rage, horror FPS have only been releasing in that same style. It's either hide n seek or Borderlands. Do you guys know any traditional type of Horror FPS games I can look into?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

At least horror FPS games that are not hide n seek simulators? I'm looking for a good one to play but, ever since around 2010 when Amnesia and co started to become all the rage, horror FPS have only been releasing in that same style. It's either hide n seek or Borderlands. Do you guys know any traditional type of Horror FPS games I can look into?

I recommend the Dead Space games if you have not already played them. They are third person, but very good. Also, Resident Evil 7 is good. Outlast is good, but not about shooting. Prey is a good game too and can be scary at times. Alan Wake is also worth checking out (third person). Last but not least is Dying Light, that game is a little more action oriented, but there are plenty of zombies and great atmosphere.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts
@BassMan said:
@-paranorman- said:

I recommend the Dead Space games if you have not already played them. They are third person, but very good. Also, Resident Evil 7 is good. Outlast is good, but not about shooting. Prey is a good game too and can be scary at times. Alan Wake is also worth checking out (third person). Last but not least is Dying Light, that game is a little more action oriented, but there are plenty of zombies and great atmosphere.

Thanks. I have the Dead Space games already and Resi7 as well. I haven't tried the new Prey yet though. I also own Dying Light, haha but, I will definitely check out Alan Wake!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
@-paranorman- said:

The Evil Within 1&2, Resident Evil 7, Scorn, GTFO, Prey got it's moments.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@-paranorman-: The Metro series is pretty dark and spooky and has some horror sections.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 couly
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts

Resident Evil 7 is what you want. Also play Amnesia you probably won't finish it, it's that scary.

DianEWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DianEWarren
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

I advise you to play big shocks+ system shock 2 and dead islands if you yet not played them. I personally like a kind of horror games where I can also fight back, not only a survival game. I have one more suggestion how can I forget, resident evil 4. But if you want to stay stuck with FPS then good horrer games are Amnesia and cryostasis.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I'll say F.E.A.R. and Condemned criminal origins but I'm sure you already played them.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

@-paranorman-: alien isolation, evil within 2, resident evil 7, prey 2017, outlast 2, soma

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#10 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
@warmblur said:

I'll say F.E.A.R. and Condemned criminal origins but I'm sure you already played them.

Even if they aren't super-recent, these are great games.

dmagnusson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dmagnusson
Member since 2014 • 51 Posts

I recomend Clyve Barkers Undying..
Old but scare you living shit out you

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts
@dmagnusson said:

I recomend Clyve Barkers Undying..

Old but scare you living shit out you

That game needs a remake. And Clive Barker needs to make more shit.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

Left 4 Dead is about all I can think of. Someone mentioned Alien: Isolation and that is a good one. It is very atmospheric as well. To be honest, there aren't very many horror FPS games. Third-person yes, but not first-person.

If you go third-person, you have many excellent options. Resident Evil, State of Decay, Alan Wake, Silent Hill, Dead Space and others.

bodagaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bodagaber
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I recommend Resident Evil 7

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Almost every other game is a shitty horror FPS you may as well walk into an ice cream factory and ask if anyone has any ice cream.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Doom 2016 is a type of horror. Doom 3 was scary but not as fun. But high on the horror.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

I agree with Condemned: Criminal Origins. Very atmospheric and the combat is rather enjoyable.

TruSake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By TruSake
Member since 2005 • 500 Posts

@-paranorman-: To me the fear comes from knowing that you can't defend yourself, which is why survival horror games have popularized (I recently played SOMA, and it was badass, now I'm waiting on Visage full release) But, if I know I can shoot it and kill it, then it's only scary if it's a jump scare.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

There is a Half Life 2 mod that feels a lot like FEAR. It's called Nightmare House 2. Full singleplayer story, easily one of the best single player HL2 mods. It contains Nightmare House 1 as a prologue so don't have to worry about playing that first.

Loading Video...

Cry of Fear is another decent horror mod. This time for Half Life 1. Feels a bit more like the original Resident Evils with its limited inventory system but still pretty good. Graphics are surprisingly good for being a Half Life 1 mod.

Loading Video...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Amnesia can't really be classified as a shooter because there are no guns in the game.

Anyway, the underground labs in the STALKER games were pretty spooky.

Nights in the STALKER games are also spooky.

The games have plenty of jump scares. But, there are plenty of other scares such as when your gun jams as a horde of snorks close in on you. ;)

There are three main STALKER games:

• Shadow of Chernobyl
  • Clear Sky
  • Call of Pripyat

Plus, there are the standalone mods:

• Lost Alpha -a re-imagined ShoC.
  • Call of Chernobyl - requires CoP for one-time authentication