Are there any mods that make Mount and Blade.......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

Less tiresome during use of the map?

I already downloaded the Battle Sizer... and it is pretty awesome to have amazingly large battles, even though right in the beginning when 400 troops (allies and me) spawn, it is pretty laggy, even on my PC (Q9550, GTX260)... Still awesome though...

I just want to know if there are any mods that make the game more fun to play on the map... The battles were pretty fun to begin with, but it just seems like the devs only spent three hours and a box of pizza making the map portion of the game... So any ideas?

Thanks for replies...

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
What do you mean more fun? There are mods that make it better looking, and a few that added more features (like better town management), but the overall mechanics of the map are the same.
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

Like less time wasted simply wandering around... You wander down the map recruiting people, go back, wait, go back down recruiting people, get missions that are all the same... There is no variety it seems.

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts

Once you're good enough to have a large army, and once you're with a faction that is at war there's much more battles than wandering around. You'll still probably be stopping at villages to recruit but you'll be doing that just to replace a few dead guys and you'll be doing it on the way to taking on the next lord/keep. Also, get the leadership skill so your troops don't die so easily. Some of the troops at max level are pretty tough and devastating. But, at the start of the game when you can only have 20 or so troops and they die before they level up is pretty slow. Stick with it, it pays off.

As for the mod, ask on the taleworld's forum. There's a bazillion of them and that community is really helpful.