Are my settings in the nvidia control panes being applied

This topic is locked from further discussion.

plvness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 plvness
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

OK downloaded nvidia system monitor to control video card fan XFX 9800GT as it was at times revving up so loud I couldnt enjoy the game I was playing so

anyway I open up the nvidia control panel under performance I open device settings then I go to create rule under controlled element I select GPU0 fan for input

source I select GPU0 temperature there are 3 markers on the graph on the first the temp is 5 and speed is 19.5 second marker temp is 49.58 and speed is

42.95 finally for the third marker the temp is 80.00 and the fan speed is 80 so I hit OK at that point is it now using these specifications Im not sure so after I

hit OK I select the rule and hit apply or is the apply button only needed when I decide to overclock something because its strange when I get back to the device

settings page I hit the apply button and it says the changes made are invalid an will not be applied what am I doing wrong

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
One thing I noticed in the Nvidia control panel setting dont like to stay, the best program to control fan speeds is Rivatuner.