This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MrUnSavory1 (777 posts) -
Ok, lets talk sim racing here. First I have been sim racing since the early days of a system called Hawaii ( this was a dial in service for conecting with other players to race with) and we used to have a blast. I have been around thru all the progressions of sim racing, All the Papyrus sims, Heat, The F1 series and many many others. The Nascar sim racing community has been running Nascar 2003 for the last 5 years as nothing comparable has been released so people keep modding the same old game.Recently a new Sim has been released ( or should I call it a mod?). It is called ARCA Sim Racing and was created by The Sim Factory. Well maybe I shouldn't say "Created By".....More like "Thrown Together". It is based off the G-Motor engine used to create RFactor by ISI.In a nutshell I don't believe I have ever seen a release of a piece of software done so poorly. They guranteed a ship date of March 1st (because the only way you can buy it is from them) They got it out on time but what a waste.First, they screwed up all the shipping to customers in Canada causing them all to be stuck in customs. Some people have still not received their games. I personaly know some that had to go pay an extra 100 dollars to get it released from customs bringing their price to 150 dollars for the game.Second, If the game had any more bugs you probably have to be an Entomologist to work with it. A Patch was promised within 2 weeks of release. we have yet to see it. TSF claims it was because ISI changed some code right before they released the game. What developer releases a game with new code without testing it first?If you go to their forum and say anything that sounds slightly negative about the game they immediately lock the thread. Remember, they gave us no demo or anything so everyone who pre-ordered it were basicly screwed.We can't even run a league with it yet as the sim is constantly lossing it's calibration or controler profile. I personaly had to rebuild mine 4 times in one night because the game kept locking up while online and would destroy my profile. Sound problems that cause your sound to go to zero also resulting in your controler profile being lost.I Know people who have personaly worked very hard to find work arounds for some of this and have succeded to small degrees but why is it their job to fix TSF's major screw up?Let's talk about the AI........wait....Let's not.....Because AI is not a term I would use to describe the computer aided cars. More like random pixels flying uncontrolably around the screen.The net connectivity is lacking. You get random warps and all cars just disappearing off and on and this at times will cause peoples games and graphics to become so foul that they have to shut it down.Now lets talk about what is good in ARCA Sim Racing. The physics are fantastic, it feels very real and about as close to a real stock car as you can get. But let's not give TSF credit for that. They did just use an off the shelf engine so all they had to do was tweak it. Not like they designed it from the ground up. OK, that just summed up the good parts of the game.Granted if TSF were real programmers and not "A bunch of guys with other 40 hour a week jobs" as is used as an excuse on their forum for all their problems by their fanboys maybe this would have had more promise out of the box. As for me, I have grown very weary of fighting a piece of software just to get it to work so I can play with it. Just so you know I have a great system so that is not the problem. I have an Intel E6600 dual core at 2.4Ghz, 2 gig Corsair memory, EVGA 680i Motherboard with dual 8800gts OC cards in SLI.I have now grown anxious for IRacing created by the people who created Nascar 2003 for Papyrus. Yes it is going to be a pay service but I would rather pay proffesionals to do a good job then to pay 50 dollars to end up beta testing someone elses failing.Well that is my rant. I know we will get some fanboys in here from the RaceSimCentral forums to bash me as there is so much butt kissing going on over there that it gets sickening. How do you kiss up to someone who just cheated you? It baffles me.I do hope TSF gets their act together. The sim has potential but at this point I see everyone getting dicouraged and leaving it because of all the problems.I would not at this point recommend anyone buy this Sim. Wait a few months and maybe they will get all the bugs ironed out. But for now You will have more headaches with this then it is worth.P.S. where are the damn line breaks here/........Enter does not work.......LOL
#2 Posted by fima1fim (264 posts) -
MY EYES OMG CAN"T READ TO MU...C....h...aghh..."dead"
#3 Posted by MrUnSavory1 (777 posts) -
LOL.....I can't find the line break. Enter does not work. Any suggestions?
#4 Posted by Threesixtyci (4451 posts) -

Enter

works

fine

for

me.....

#5 Posted by superman_mike (814 posts) -
.......:?
#6 Posted by GTR2addict (11863 posts) -

enter

doesnt

work

cuz

ure

using

a

browser

ares

or

so

#7 Posted by Nitrous2O (1813 posts) -
Ok, lets talk sim racing here.

First I have been sim racing since the early days of a system called Hawaii ( this was a dial in service for conecting with other players to race with) and we used to have a blast. I have been around thru all the progressions of sim racing, All the Papyrus sims, Heat, The F1 series and many many others. The Nascar sim racing community has been running Nascar 2003 for the last 5 years as nothing comparable has been released so people keep modding the same old game.

Recently a new Sim has been released ( or should I call it a mod?). It is called ARCA Sim Racing and was created by The Sim Factory. Well maybe I shouldn't say "Created By".....More like "Thrown Together". It is based off the G-Motor engine used to create RFactor by ISI.In a nutshell I don't believe I have ever seen a release of a piece of software done so poorly. They guranteed a ship date of March 1st (because the only way you can buy it is from them) They got it out on time but what a waste.

First, they screwed up all the shipping to customers in Canada causing them all to be stuck in customs. Some people have still not received their games. I personaly know some that had to go pay an extra 100 dollars to get it released from customs bringing their price to 150 dollars for the game.

Second, If the game had any more bugs you probably have to be an Entomologist to work with it. A Patch was promised within 2 weeks of release. we have yet to see it. TSF claims it was because ISI changed some code right before they released the game. What developer releases a game with new code without testing it first?If you go to their forum and say anything that sounds slightly negative about the game they immediately lock the thread.

Remember, they gave us no demo or anything so everyone who pre-ordered it were basicly screwed.We can't even run a league with it yet as the sim is constantly lossing it's calibration or controler profile. I personaly had to rebuild mine 4 times in one night because the game kept locking up while online and would destroy my profile.

Sound problems that cause your sound to go to zero also resulting in your controler profile being lost.I Know people who have personaly worked very hard to find work arounds for some of this and have succeded to small degrees but why is it their job to fix TSF's major screw up?

Let's talk about the AI........wait....Let's not.....Because AI is not a term I would use to describe the computer aided cars. More like random pixels flying uncontrolably around the screen.The net connectivity is lacking. You get random warps and all cars just disappearing off and on and this at times will cause peoples games and graphics to become so foul that they have to shut it down.

Now lets talk about what is good in ARCA Sim Racing. The physics are fantastic, it feels very real and about as close to a real stock car as you can get. But let's not give TSF credit for that. They did just use an off the shelf engine so all they had to do was tweak it. Not like they designed it from the ground up.

OK, that just summed up the good parts of the game.Granted if TSF were real programmers and not "A bunch of guys with other 40 hour a week jobs" as is used as an excuse on their forum for all their problems by their fanboys maybe this would have had more promise out of the box. As for me, I have grown very weary of fighting a piece of software just to get it to work so I can play with it.

Just so you know I have a great system so that is not the problem. I have an Intel E6600 dual core at 2.4Ghz, 2 gig Corsair memory, EVGA 680i Motherboard with dual 8800gts OC cards in SLI.

I have now grown anxious for IRacing created by the people who created Nascar 2003 for Papyrus. Yes it is going to be a pay service but I would rather pay proffesionals to do a good job then to pay 50 dollars to end up beta testing someone elses failing.

Well that is my rant. I know we will get some fanboys in here from the RaceSimCentral forums to bash me as there is so much butt kissing going on over there that it gets sickening. How do you kiss up to someone who just cheated you? It baffles me.I do hope TSF gets their act together.

The sim has potential but at this point I see everyone getting dicouraged and leaving it because of all the problems.I would not at this point recommend anyone buy this Sim. Wait a few months and maybe they will get all the bugs ironed out. But for now You will have more headaches with this then it is worth.

P.S. where are the damn line breaks here/........Enter does not work.......LOL

MrUnSavory1 somewhat paragraphically

Helpful?

#8 Posted by MrUnSavory1 (777 posts) -
Thanks for helping guys. I don't know why enter does not work for line breaks.
#9 Posted by mhello99 (114 posts) -

Try On-Screen Keyboard Next time..

Its in the accessories/accessibiliity.. ^^