Anything I should upgrade on my comp?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

auronvscloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 auronvscloud
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

Since Black Friday is coming up, is there anything I should upgrade on my comp? I'm already planning on buying a bigger case and more fans. This is my current set up.

I5-2400 CPU

Gigabyte Z68 Mobo

Galaxy 560ti

8GB Kingston RAM

500 GB HDD

750W PSU

Cheap DVD-R

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
Personally I wouldn't upgrade until there's a real reason too.
Dom_Hawk_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dom_Hawk_basic
Member since 2002 • 411 Posts
Personally I wouldn't upgrade until there's a real reason too. 04dcarraher
He's right from everything I've been hearing through podcasts whether it be PCgamer, MaximumPC, Pcper, and Twich. Everyone is starting to take the stance of if your building something to game on wait. I believe the mentality behind this is to see what precedence the next generation Xbox and Playstation will set. We now have computers that far out strip the power of 8 year old consoles, however, come Christmas 2013, 1H 2014 we may find our systems struggling as the consoles will finally have caught up.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]Personally I wouldn't upgrade until there's a real reason too. Dom_Hawk_basic
He's right from everything I've been hearing through podcasts whether it be PCgamer, MaximumPC, Pcper, and Twich. Everyone is starting to take the stance of if your building something to game on wait. I believe the mentality behind this is to see what precedence the next generation Xbox and Playstation will set. We now have computers that far out strip the power of 8 year old consoles, however, come Christmas 2013, 1H 2014 we may find our systems struggling as the consoles will finally have caught up.

You have a PC already beating the first 8th gen console i.e. Wii U

Thanks to the Wii U, I think my current laptop would probably last a little longer.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]Personally I wouldn't upgrade until there's a real reason too. Dom_Hawk_basic

From what Ive been seeing and hearing from reports and and believable rumors the next xbox wont be a powerhouse and the fact that the PS4 is suppose to be using an AMD A10APU as its based also points to low cost low TDP based console generation with low to mid tier pc based gpu's that use at or below 100W.
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2291 Posts
The consoles will never actually catch up. They will always be a few steps behind. It's the nature of the market. They can't have current spec tech and sell it for $300. It's not going to happen. However, as for the TC's question. I agree with the others. Don't upgrade until your pc is not making things look all purty :) If you're playing GW2 for example, I would definitely upgrade that GPU :)
ClassicRockFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ClassicRockFTW
Member since 2012 • 1106 Posts

Upgrade to HD 7850

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

There is no need unless you feel there is.

This isn't a decision we can make for you.

5SI-GonePostal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 5SI-GonePostal
Member since 2004 • 391 Posts

Well the only thing i would suggest MAYBE is the PSU - Can you give us more detail other than its 750W? No problem if it is a good rated bronze - gold PSU from a good builder, however if it something you only picked up for $20 then change this.

Also if you want to increase speed on certain things the prices are right now to possibly pick up your first SSD, wont do much for your framerates but will make your o/s feel new and load other things much quicker than your current HD (zoning times etc). In this instance would suggest a Samsung 830.

Other than that the build is very solid and dont see anything.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 04dcarraher

Upgrade to HD 7850

ClassicRockFTW
Thats not a upgrade from a GTX 560ti
ClassicRockFTW