Anyone play LOTRO anymore?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I was listening to a podcast and these guys were talking about how good the game is now. I have not played it in at least a year or so but based off of what I saw online it looks like it has changed a lot.

Anyway, just wanted opinions....

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

According to the gamespot communtiy, all MMO's are invalid and should not be played. They will simply say ''Wait for Guild Wars 2''. Obviously they won't say it now but if you look at other MMO threads you will see it.

Anyway, yeah I still play LOTRO. It's a lot of fun. Free fun, too.

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

I got back into it for a little while my SWTOR server was dead. Got a rune keeper to about 25. It's a lot of fun, but I just don't have time for 2 MMOs.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
I play and enjoy it, usually give it a couple of hours a week or so. Good fun and doesn't require the level of dedication your usual theme park MMO requires and I'd argue it still has the best overall community across MMO's. Has changed a lot the past few years, mostly for the better and I'm looking forward to Rohan.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

LotrO is one of the more successful MMOs out now, and has the best f2p model around and great support. I've been playing for 3 years and continue to do so

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2387 Posts

It's not bad but I usually don't play it unless I have several hours that I want to grind away. It's a grindfest like all MMORPGs.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

It's not bad but I usually don't play it unless I have several hours that I want to grind away. It's a grindfest like all MMORPGs.

fenriz275

For leveling and gear, perhaps, but for those who really enjoy the communtiy and social aspects of LotrO, it's like an entirely separate game to go to festivals, kinship events, and roleplaying events. One of the great things about LotrO is that I'm not always running quests or grinding for gear and loot...I'm more often than not at the pub playing my harp/lute for a crowd of players, doing a horserace, dueling, decorating my home, or crafting various trinkets like pipeweed for smoking.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Only played it for a short while when it was originally released but It's probably the most successful WoW competitor behind GWs. Plus, it's a great game for any LOTR fan.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Just got into it a few days ago with one of my friends. We've been playing quite a bit of it (I'm a 26 guardian). We both really like the game and the f2p model.
c4l1d3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 c4l1d3n
Member since 2011 • 157 Posts

I've played it for years and it seems F2P has revived the population which is great.

Esoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Esoteric
Member since 2003 • 720 Posts

I think it's a really good MMO. F2P done right. The world is very well done and immersive (if you let it be). It's among the best of worthwhile MMOs, IMO.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

LotrO is one of the more successful MMOs out now, and has the best f2p model around and great support. I've been playing for 3 years and continue to do so

wis3boi

I'm really interested in LotRO after playing War in the North. How does it compare to say, WoW? (Only MMO I've really played and know about.)

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

I used to play that game a few months ago and really loved it, but then I forgot my password and Turbine sent a new password. Turned out the new password never worked so I can't play it anymore and I am not going to start a new character after levelling up my first character to level 40. Any help would be appreciated.