Anyone pick up the Diablo 3 expansion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Curious what you think of it.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I picked up the core game for the first time. Enjoying it a lot! :P When it comes down in price, I'll pick up the expansion.

Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2434 Posts

Received it as a gift last night, played a few hours and really liking it. It's not expensive and well worth the $40 price point (if you're interested in Digital). I've been away from Diablo 3 for several months now and am trying to get used to not having an AH to rely on. New loot system seems to be doing the job though, I guess I keep thinking how can I get good gear with MF/GF.

I wonder if there's a trading forum? Any who, pick up the expansion bud. If you love the story of where it ended, you'll enjoy this as well.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Yeah I did.

I wasn't going to because the AH ruined my experience with D3, but after they removed it I got back into it and it's great fun to run around killing things for loot. Questing actually now is worth it since no one can buy the same thing in a minute with real money.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BSC14

It will hold me over until Sunday when ESO comes out....

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Do you need expansion for new loot system? I quit D3 a long time ago, it just got boring never finding anything.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I personally was debating if get the whole package including Diablo 3 and RoS it's 20% off, but getting it as solely one game you don't get much, I mean it's 1 act, 1 character and new setting for a full price of 40$ / euros, it's almost like getting the new MGS game for 40$

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@BSC14 said:

nope. fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me

i wont be buying any blizzard products until they show a consistent trend of improvement.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BSC14

@cyloninside said:

@BSC14 said:

i wont be buying any blizzard products until they show a consistent trend of improvement.

Well from what I have been reading, "this is what Diablo should have been".....I haven't spent enough time with it yet to say.....

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cyloninside

@BSC14 said:

@cyloninside said:

@BSC14 said:

Well from what I have been reading, "this is what Diablo should have been".....I haven't spent enough time with it yet to say.....

1 act and 1 class for 40 dollars? no thanks. wreaks of rip off.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BSC14

@cyloninside:

I had $10 in reward points at best buy so it was $30 for me but yeah I agree it's a bit pricy.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I bought Diablo 3 not too long ago for around $10 and it's a lot more fun than I remember it being during beta and in the "free trial" I messed around with last year. I'm still not a fan of the simplistic character building but the game is mindless fun. I'll probably even buy the expansion when I can pick it up on the cheap.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cyloninside

@BSC14 said:

@cyloninside:

I had $10 in reward points at best buy so it was $30 for me but yeah I agree it's a bit pricy.

it honestly just sounds like DLC.... would means it should be 20 dollars max. i may consider it if i can find it at that price or lower in the future, but as of right now, far to expensive for how little you get. from what i have heard, the act can be completed in just a couple of hours. i realize that diablo is all about replaying for better loot... but still.

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@BSC14 said:

@cyloninside:

it honestly just sounds like DLC.... would means it should be 20 dollars max. i may consider it if i can find it at that price or lower in the future, but as of right now, far to expensive for how little you get. from what i have heard, the act can be completed in just a couple of hours. i realize that diablo is all about replaying for better loot... but still.

Considering the Act is longer than Act 1 and act 2 combined, you are either an incredible player or you run through every level if you finish it in a couple hours

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

Anyone know if the console versions of Diablo 3 lets you play completely offline? I dont have internet on my consoles, and only hook them up to the internet to download updates or to download games when needed. Also my internets pretty shitty so it would be unrealiable to play online mode anyways.

I looked online and it was said theres offline mode for consoles, but I wasn't sure if you still needed to be online before you went into offline mode on the consoles or not. I know the PC version is required to be online all the time but console version i thought may not require it?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Personally I think its a little overpriced for what it is... 1 new act and 1 new character for $40/£30?... Should be a $20 expansion at the most.

For $40 you can get both of the Torchlight games... That's 40-50 hours of game play that's arguably as good as Diablo 3.

That said if you are like me and have already completed the Torchlight games and have 30 hours logged into Path of Exile then get the expansion, it hits the spot.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Personally I think its a little overpriced for what it is... 1 new act and 1 new character for $40/£30?... Should be a $20 expansion at the most.

For $40 you can get both of the Torchlight games... That's 40-50 hours of game play that's arguably as good as Diablo 3.

That said if you are like me and have already completed the Torchlight games and have 30 hours logged into Path of Exile then get the expansion, it hits the spot.

You could get for 5$ both of the Torchlight games under Steam sale

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

I'd get it if it was £10, I don't fancy paying £30 for DLC.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Naw, I'm done supporting Blizzard because they treat their fans like toilet paper. They've managed to wreck all of their amazing IP in the last decade in an attempt to squeeze the most money out of them. Warcraft? Turned into a casual MMO, butchered lore. Starcraft? Split into 3 RTS titles, butchered story and lore. Diablo 3? Don't even get me started...

They simply aren't the same company they used to be - I wouldn't be surprised if all the talented developers who originally made these IP's are long gone and laughing at what Blizzard has done with it all. They used to be a developer with talents and game-design philosophy comparable to Valve. Now? They're like EA, except they wait until their games are actually finished before shoving them out to the public.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

@soolkiki said:

I picked up the core game for the first time. Enjoying it a lot! :P When it comes down in price, I'll pick up the expansion.

You did?!?!?!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FelipeInside

@cyloninside said:

@BSC14 said:

Well, Diablo 3 with the removal of the AH, Loot 2.0 and this new expansion is a HELL of an improvement. (pardon the pun)

D3 left a sour taste in my mouth, but I can't stop playing now with the expansion and the new loot system.

neymar32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 neymar32
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I picked both the original Diablo 3 for just 20 euros and the Reaper of Souls Collectors Edition.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Here is a question for all of you an a real good one..Now with the ah gone..Would you say if they kept the ah in, with the changes to the loot system..Would you still mind it in d3, to sell items not for money but for gold..Some of you may say for cash money also..

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts

So far I'm enjoying it. They've fixed a lot of the problems original D3 had (removed AH, loot system is better, changed how difficulty/level scaling works). The launch was incredibly smooth (system message sent out at 12am EST stating that RoS is now live, able to log off/on to play new content in about 5 minutes). They still need to implement some sort of player trading system though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

@Gladestone1 said:

Here is a question for all of you an a real good one..Now with the ah gone..Would you say if they kept the ah in, with the changes to the loot system..Would you still mind it in d3, to sell items not for money but for gold..Some of you may say for cash money also..

Not for me. The AH, with Loot 1.0 or 2.0 is what ruined it for me.

Example, I was questing away trying to find stuff and my friend fully decked out his character in 5 minutes with $5 he bough off some random website.

Now with the AH gone, it's great cause the gear is only what drops.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soolkiki

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

You did?!?!?!

Yep!! And you need to as well if you haven't gotten it! Then WE CAN RULE! And slaughter things. It would be awesome.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

i can't seem to find many players on any of the first 4 difficulties on any of the first 4 acts. is it just me or is it the game itself. i've been periodically checking both europe and US servers and i can't seem to find more than 5 more than players playing on an act. 90% of the time it's zero. diablo3 is way better now but i can't enjoy it alone.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

@Kh1ndjal said:

i can't seem to find many players on any of the first 4 difficulties on any of the first 4 acts. is it just me or is it the game itself. i've been periodically checking both europe and US servers and i can't seem to find more than 5 more than players playing on an act. 90% of the time it's zero. diablo3 is way better now but i can't enjoy it alone.

Most players stick to either Master or Torment (highest two difficulties), and also mostly Act 4 and 5.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sweetbackhair

@soolkiki said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

You did?!?!?!

Yep!! And you need to as well if you haven't gotten it! Then WE CAN RULE! And slaughter things. It would be awesome.

It's not going to be like Torchlight 2 where you kill everything and I level up like crazy?!!

And I should have bought it when it was $20, because it's now $40!!

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 soolkiki

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

You did?!?!?!

It's not going to be like Torchlight 2 where you kill everything and I level up like crazy?!!

It'll probably be the same way! :P Cause I'm now level 24.

robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts

I am enjoying the crusader class, finally! No paladin class on vanilla D3 was a let down for me. As for the new loot system, legendaries drop too often taking the fun out of it. They should balance it, and I think they will because alot of people are complaing about it on the general chat. D2 legendary drops worked great imo.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sweetbackhair

@soolkiki said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

You did?!?!?!

You're an ass!!!

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 soolkiki

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

You did?!?!?!

You're an ass!!!

No, just better than you. >:P

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sweetbackhair

@soolkiki said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@soolkiki said:

You did?!?!?!

You're an ass!!!

No, just better than you. >:P

Ohh it's on!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#36  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The expansion pack is actually really well done, the end game and replay value skyrockets with the expansion combined with the last big update to loot and various other things. This is the game that should have launched, but I gotta hand it to Blizzard they did something I didn't know would be possible, really improve the replay value and end game (ala D2).

Not perfect but I am really enjoying the Rift missions and the adventure mode, along with the MUCH improved loot, the new Act and the new Crusader character. Have a few friends who did not like D3 but tried this expansion and have really been impressed and surprised.

Anyways, nice to see some good expansion packs again! Sins Of A Solar Empire, Farcry3, Xcom and Civ5 both had good expansions last year, glad to see the trend continue of quality expansions instead of just DLC only. As a huge D2 fan, D3 is finally where I had hoped it would be.

robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts

Guys quick question here. What do you do when you finish the game on normal? Start Adventure Mode or just increase the difficulty????

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2448 Posts

I'd like to get it, but it really bugs me that we have to pay Blizzard almost full game price for an expansion that is basically a fix for their stupid gameplay decisions. If I screwed up my job in a huge way, I know I wouldn't be rewarded with a cash bonus, but would probably get...unemployment.

So....f*ck you, Blizzard. :-)

(goes back to playing the very good and free Path of Exile)