Anyone hyped for RE5 PC?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I know I am:)

I wonder how the PC controls will be. It sounds kinda like the wii version of RE4 a bit with the moving crosshair.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts
If there's any difference between the 360 version and the PC version , yes .
Meska2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Meska2
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
I can't wait!. I've been dying to play this game for a long time. Im a huge fan of Resident Evil.But yeah, I am not too worried about the controls because i have a xbox 360 controller, which i use more then the keyboard/mouse anyways. But i do hope that i'll be able to run it without any lagg.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
I'm waiting for reviews to form an opinion, I'm not holding my breath after what happened to the RE4 port.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JangoWuzHere
If there's any difference between the 360 version and the PC version , yes .dannenissan2
Yes their are some differences. -The PC version will feature Nvidia's 3D glasses. If you have the hardware it should look interesting. -The PC version will have an exclusive control scheme with the Mouse and Keyboard. -The PC version will have exclusive coustumes. -The PC version will look miles better and run better then both console versions:) -The PC versions merc. mode will now support 3x as many enemy's. And I think that's it but I could be wrong.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JangoWuzHere
I'm waiting for reviews to form an opinion, I'm not holding my breath after what happened to the RE4 port.General_X
Have you played the Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4, and Street Fighter 4 ports? They were all pretty fantastic I must say and that's from a console focused developer. Also the RE4 port was done by different developers besides CAPCOM.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I wonder how the PC controls will be. It sounds kinda like the wii version of RE4 a bit with the moving crosshair.

JangoWuzHere
I wasn't... But after watching the benchmark....I'm in the mood for zombie killing...
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

FelipeInside

I wasn't... But after watching the benchmark....I'm in the mood for zombie killing...

Well you might be disappointed to learn that their are no zombies in RE5:p

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Since I didn't like RE 4, I personally have no interest in this game -- but it is good seeing the interest taken by Capcom by making it a good port
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I'm excited, and I'm going to play it like I did every main RE game before it.
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

Since I didn't like RE 4, I personally have no interest in this game -- but it is good seeing the interest taken by Capcom by making it a good portnaval

well you wont like 5 then, Resident 4 is a way better single player, possbly the most atmospheric game ever

5 just lost all the horror, I ffind it hard to beliebe that it will look miles better than the conosle version as they looked insnanely good, almost as good as killzone 2

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

i was until my mate lent me his 360 version to have a try of. was disappointingly not scary or atmospheric at all. it felt claustrophobic but not in a good way, in the sense that i couldnt seem to move much without the ai partner getting under my feet and in my way. will be interesting to see the reaction it gets from the pc community

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

I wasn't really considering it before... but after downloading and watching the benchmark this week, I'm rather looking forward to it.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

I played it on the x360 and while it has Co-op, good Presentation and Graphics, the Rest is just bad. Dead Space is much better in that Category, RE5 isn't scary at all too if your looking for that...

cluclap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cluclap
Member since 2007 • 888 Posts

[QUOTE="General_X"]I'm waiting for reviews to form an opinion, I'm not holding my breath after what happened to the RE4 port.JangoWuzHere
Have you played the Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4, and Street Fighter 4 AND Bionic Commando port? They were all pretty fantastic I must say and that's from a console focused developer. Also the RE4 port was done by different developers besides CAPCOM.

There you go....

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#16 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Never played a RE game before so I have some interest. It has the lofty standards of both Left 4 Dead and Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green to live up to!! I'm sure it will be a better port this time.
zyndex171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zyndex171
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts

It contain versus mode, rite?? Then, im getting in.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

can't say i am i'm still trying to muscle my way through re4

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Im not, played it on the 360 with my friend the whole way though just wasn't the fun resident evil 4 brought to me
dinjo_jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#20 dinjo_jo
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts
Cant wait to get my hands on it.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Gamespot saidm/kb is better and more responsive in their hands on preview.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="dannenissan2"]If there's any difference between the 360 version and the PC version , yes .JangoWuzHere
Yes their are some differences. -The PC version will feature Nvidia's 3D glasses. If you have the hardware it should look interesting. -The PC version will have an exclusive control scheme with the Mouse and Keyboard. -The PC version will have exclusive coustumes. -The PC version will look miles better and run better then both console versions:) -The PC versions merc. mode will now support 3x as many enemy's. And I think that's it but I could be wrong.

It'll look better? Apparently you've never played an RE PC port before. The PC versions always look worse than the console versions because Capcom can never be bothered to include high res textures or cinematics.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
yeah after running the beanchmark
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="dannenissan2"]If there's any difference between the 360 version and the PC version , yes .gameguy6700

It'll look better? Apparently you've never played an RE PC port before. The PC versions always look worse than the console versions because Capcom can never be bothered to include high res textures or cinematics.

Or maybe you could try running the actual benchmark and seeing yourself. Or actually reading my last post on their great ports they did for this gen.
deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

[QUOTE="naval"]Since I didn't like RE 4, I personally have no interest in this game -- but it is good seeing the interest taken by Capcom by making it a good portgillri

well you wont like 5 then, Resident 4 is a way better single player, possbly the most atmospheric game ever

5 just lost all the horror, I ffind it hard to beliebe that it will look miles better than the conosle version as they looked insnanely good, almost as good as killzone 2

ROFL

Really hard to believe? YOu have to be kidding me. They looked really good on 360 yes. But have you seen other comparisions of console to pc? Like there was a fallout 3 one that gamepot did. LOOKED MILES AND MILES UPON MILES BETTER. The gay will look amazing on all ultra but i have a feeling you will need a very hefty rig to run this on high

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

I lost interested since RE4 crap... Imho...

Though even if im not hyped for RE5 that i heard many RE4 lovers ( bliaah Re4 lovers , how can this be, lol oh well :P ) say RE5 was worst than 4!!!! for sure ill give it a try :P

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dakan45

I lost interested since RE4 crap... Imho...

Though even if im not hyped for RE5 that i heard many RE4 lovers ( bliaah Re4 lovers , how can this be, lol oh well :P ) say RE5 was worst than 4!!!! for sure ill give it a try :P

AzatiS
less traps more ammo... there i totally describe it for you... bliah re4 sucked
cluclap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cluclap

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="dannenissan2"]If there's any difference between the 360 version and the PC version , yes .gameguy6700

You know what mods are right? merchant 3

Apssei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Apssei
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

Apparently you haven't heard much about capcom's latest ports or about re5 for pc, so please don't spread false information which you are not sure about.

cluclap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cluclap

[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] Yes their are some differences. -The PC version will feature Nvidia's 3D glasses. If you have the hardware it should look interesting. -The PC version will have an exclusive control scheme with the Mouse and Keyboard. -The PC version will have exclusive coustumes. -The PC version will look miles better and run better then both console versions:) -The PC versions merc. mode will now support 3x as many enemy's. And I think that's it but I could be wrong.Apssei

Apparently you haven't heard much about capcom's latest ports or about re5 for pc, so please don't spread false information which you are not sure about.

RE4 wasn't that bad of a port to me, it ran fine on low spec PC's, it just looked really bad. But the mod community has turned that game on it's head!.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dakan45
Mouse...mouse where are you?
cluclap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cluclap
Mouse...mouse where are you?dakan45
They made a mod for that too. And re5 is gonna have mouse support.
EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts
Very excited. Just one more month.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Not hyped for it, I played it for an hour on the 360 when it first came out and thought it was pretty mediocre. But I might pick it up to give it a second chance. I thought RE4 was a great game after all. It's nice to see Capcom supporting the PC so well. Lost Planet 2 better come to PC too. XD
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Mouse...mouse where are you?cluclap
They made a mod for that too. And re5 is gonna have mouse support.

yeah but re 4 mouse mod sucked...
wrick30000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wrick30000
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts

Yup yup me me cuz I played the RE4 and I will play the RE5. Though I am not a big RE fan still will play.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JangoWuzHere

What are they? undead? infected....

Whatever, I just called them zombies cause they are sort of.... don't start getting specific on me now....lol :)

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#38 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
Well seeing that the worst version of 4 was the PC version I dont think so.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Well seeing that the worst version of 4 was the PC version I dont think so.Vexx88
Capcom had NOTHING to do with that port. I mean really, nothing at all. They didn't develop it, they didn't publish it. I'm pretty sure they got little to no money from it. Capcom's latest ports have been very good though (DMC4, Street Fighter IV)
blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blackeneddeath
Member since 2008 • 930 Posts

Have it on 360, and the game was a pretty big dissapointment. Probably the worst in the franchise (not including the spin offs). So not looking forward to it

tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 tester962
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts
Since I didn't like RE 4, I personally have no interest in this game -- but it is good seeing the interest taken by Capcom by making it a good portnaval
Couldent have said it better, agreed 100%
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Played it beat it on the 360, excellent game by the way. And regardless it'll be amazing on the PC, so if you haven't played it definitely get it.
sora1226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sora1226
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I wasn't... But after watching the benchmark....I'm in the mood for zombie killing...FelipeInside

What are they? undead? infected....

Whatever, I just called them zombies cause they are sort of.... don't start getting specific on me now....lol :)

Majini :P

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Not really.

TShanks42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 TShanks42
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts

A zombie is a zombie is a zombie.

Carminesqueez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Carminesqueez
Member since 2009 • 420 Posts

waitin for this one. this type of game is really for PC. cos PC elevated FPS

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
I can't wait either!
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Looking forward to this. I have't played a RE game since RE2 though, I might pick up four and download some mods (especially the mouse support mod) and play that in the mean time.

Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts

I didn't enjoy the game when I played it so no.

nightharvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nightharvest
Member since 2005 • 1782 Posts
Not hyped and won't buy it at release, but will get it eventually. 8)