Anyone here owns Dead Rising 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

So I've been playing the game but I'm having a hard time trying to beat one of the psychopaths (The chef), does anyone else haves the game? I could definetely beat it with 2 people.

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts

So I've been playing the game but I'm having a hard time trying to beat one of the psychopaths (The chef), does anyone else haves the game? I could definetely beat it with 2 people.

KillerJuan77
I own it, but dont have it installed. However I have put 50 hours into it and got to level 50 etc. The chef is a tough one. The goal is attack him when he is eating, as that is when he is the weakest(ironically). Attack him fast and hard with either a chainsaw, lightsaber or another strong combo weapon you should be able to kill him pretty quickly. Its all about luck and timing, as once you go near him he throws pies and other food items at you, so if you have a badass alter ego now is the time to let him out. CO-OP is still your best bet if you cant beat him. Ranged weapons dont work too well, as most deal less damage than he heals per second so guns and bows are basically useless unless you have the proper combo cards.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KillerJuan77

I own it, but dont have it installed. However I have put 50 hours into it and got to level 50 etc. The chef is a tough one. The goal is attack him when he is eating, as that is when he is the weakest(ironically). Attack him fast and hard with either a chainsaw, lightsaber or another strong combo weapon you should be able to kill him pretty quickly. Its all about luck and timing, as once you go near him he throws pies and other food items at you, so if you have a badass alter ego now is the time to let him out. CO-OP is still your best bet if you cant beat him. Ranged weapons dont work too well, as most deal less damage than he heals per second so guns and bows are basically useless unless you have the proper combo cards.Brean24

Yeah, I'm just going to grind for this playthrough to later replay the game with most (If not all) upgrades, it's way too tough for me right now.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

lots of health/food, and jumping over stuff until hes eating.

fiendless7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 fiendless7
Member since 2004 • 572 Posts
most bosses u can just find ways to trap them in a spot and run up and hit them, jump out before they hit you, rinse and repeat. thats what i did on chef. i quit the game at the part where you fight a helicopter or something, it just launches an infinite spam of missiles at you that 2 shot you and its near impossible to dodge. was a fun game none the less
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KillerJuan77

it just launches an infinite spam of missiles at you that 2 shot you and its near impossible to dodge. was a fun game none the lessfiendless7

It's a Capcom published game, what did you expect, balanced difficulty? (Play Ghosts N' Goblins, Maximo or SFIV, seriously, they are insane)

Seriously though, it's great game and it's worth mentioning that it's on sale right now on Gamersgate.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Have it, beat it, but I live in NZ so I wouldnt be much help. Honestly, dont bother trying to finish the gam on your first try especially when playing alone. Just get as far through the main story as you can and the start over and do all the side quests as well.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I have it, but on PS3.

My suggestion is to not blunder into it unprepared with no time left to prepare like I did. Its one of the harder boss fights in the game, so my suggestion is to get a helper (as you are trying), but also to keep a gun or two handy (to stumble him if he tries to heal) and a powerful weapon like the laser sword (gems + flashlight).

I ended up beating him with a weak pick axe and a gun, but I used up every single one of my health items I pilfered from next door and I had to be lightning fast in my reflexes.

I'd also say not to bother doing every single side quest first go. Even as a level 50 character, I find it nearly impossible to do every single side quest and encounter because there isn't a lot of time in between cases.

bdever32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 bdever32
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

I've found that the easiest way to kill most bosses is with painkillers (vodka+vodka or beer+beer) and knife gloves(boxing gloves + knife).

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KillerJuan77

I have it, but on PS3.

My suggestion is to not blunder into it unprepared with no time left to prepare like I did. Its one of the harder boss fights in the game, so my suggestion is to get a helper (as you are trying), but also to keep a gun or two handy (to stumble him if he tries to heal) and a powerful weapon like the laser sword (gems + flashlight).

I ended up beating him with a weak pick axe and a gun, but I used up every single one of my health items I pilfered from next door and I had to be lightning fast in my reflexes.

I'd also say not to bother doing every single side quest first go. Even as a level 50 character, I find it nearly impossible to do every single side quest and encounter because there isn't a lot of time in between cases.

SPYDER0416

I finally gave up, until I get more combo cards and skills. But I did kill the sick guy in S&M gear at the wedding chapel :D

BTW Is it me or the psychopaths in this game insanely disturbing? Dead Rising 1 isn't even slightly disturbing so the change of tone was a bit shocking.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
The chef annoyed me at first, but I worked out a method of killing him in seconds (literally). All you need to do is gather 3-4 survivors and arm them with machine guns/assault rifles/shotguns - basically any high-powered gun. Then head over to the chef, and they'll stun-lock him with their infinite-ammo gunfire. He'll go down in less than a minute, tops, and he'll probably never hit you either. This strategy works well for quite a few of the trickier psychos - I remember bringing an entire rock band over to decimate one of the psychopaths, although I can't remember which it was.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#12 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Orange Juice is your ultimate health potion in DR2.

undeadgoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 undeadgoon
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts

Orange Juice is your ultimate health potion in DR2.

mhofever

na pain killer is...