Anyone here Confused by change of PC Hardware forum?

  • 67 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for marcthpro
#1 Edited by marcthpro (7927 posts) -

Topic say it all...

Anyone here is angry or confused or Extremely disturbed by the change ? Audio video & PC hardware & video game in one place

Avatar image for gameofthering
#2 Edited by gameofthering (11087 posts) -

I preferred it when the boards were all separate.

Avatar image for DefconRave
#3 Posted by DefconRave (806 posts) -

Same. Now the forums will get real messy and genuine threads will get lost.

Avatar image for marcthpro
#4 Edited by marcthpro (7927 posts) -

That my main complain we need our voice to be heard . and make sure to let know community manager to have it change for us or discord will rain this place as it was already close to Discord on few occasion when it was a Forum of it own we don't need Game fanboy and (HDTV Related problem) Thread to get all mixed with our Genuine Help Toward People that Seek Help in Hardware relating Question in my opinion

Avatar image for DefconRave
#5 Posted by DefconRave (806 posts) -

whos the com manager and how do we contact him?

Avatar image for marcthpro
#6 Edited by marcthpro (7927 posts) -

@DefconRave: probably only a moderator like chilidragon would know. and i'm not familiar with moderator that much

Avatar image for darksusperia
#7 Edited by darksusperia (6945 posts) -

+1

whoever's idea this was, it was bad, and you should feel bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#8 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -

Woot, 1st Post on New GS.

Anyway PC Hardware needs it's own place.

Avatar image for Shatilov
#9 Posted by Shatilov (4142 posts) -

it makes no sense, PC and Mac games along with PC Hardware, along with Audio and Video, it makes no sense !!!!

Avatar image for Arronaxxx
#10 Edited by Arronaxxx (306 posts) -

I usually welcome changes, but this here is a fucking mess.

Avatar image for Lance2500
#11 Posted by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

Mixing PC Hardware with PC Games was a bad decision. They are both very vast and different. They belong in separate boards.

Avatar image for metacritical
#12 Posted by metacritical (2537 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/computer-hardware-discussion-314159272/

Avatar image for trastamad03
#13 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

So that's what happened to it, I was wondering why Hardware didn't have a seperate forum on it's own.

Avatar image for metacritical
#14 Edited by metacritical (2537 posts) -

this just seems to a dump for old gamspot forums at the moment.

Avatar image for illmatic87
#15 Posted by illmatic87 (17917 posts) -

As someone that's here for the PC & Mac games forum, Yep it looks like an unorganized mess.

There is already alot of random topics in the PC & Mac games forum popping up--mostly, legacy queries, game reccommendations.

There also happens to be 12 stickies that take up most of the screen upon entering.

Avatar image for kraken2109
#16 Edited by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

I am also confused and upset about the new gamespot.

EDIT: It also seems to have resized my sig and reduced my post count by close to 300.

Avatar image for bobbetybob
#17 Edited by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -

I think the amount of stickies just shows how ridiculous the idea was, they could have combined the Audio/Visual board into PC Hardware just fine because that was one of the slower moving forums but combining those with the general PC too? It's just a disaster, they're vastly different topics that require different forums.

I don't see why they've deleted so many forums anyway, if absolutely nobody used it or it got like 1 post a month I could understand but almost all of them had some form of community and they've basically just destroyed that for no reason.

My only hope is that they're just waiting for things to settle down first and then they'll open up some new boards.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#18 Edited by with_teeth26 (8220 posts) -

The number of stickies is very excessive but I think the fundamental problem is that most hardware related topics are short, 5-post affairs where someone is posting a problem they are having and looking for a solution. There tend to be a lot of these and they clutter up the board. Makes no sense having them in the same place, makes it very unappealing to use the PC forum right now.

Avatar image for danxxx
#19 Posted by danxxx (687 posts) -

this is a mess tbh

Avatar image for The_Capitalist
#20 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

I'd rather have a separate hardware board.

Avatar image for The_Animator420
#21 Posted by The_Animator420 (262 posts) -

Hopefully Gamespot realizes how bad of an idea this was, and corrects it. Sooner, rather than later.

Avatar image for KHAndAnime
#22 Posted by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

They should really go back. Why not take a site-wide vote? I guarantee you people don't even like the design sans bugs. But as is, it's buggy as hell and almost inoperable. Fix the bugs and we still have a cluttered forum that is visually displeasing and bland compared to what it once was.

Avatar image for horgen
#23 Posted by Horgen (116190 posts) -

@kraken2109 said:

I am also confused and upset about the new gamespot.

EDIT: It also seems to have resized my sig and reduced my post count by close to 300.

I think I have lost about 8000 posts :P

Avatar image for gbrading
#24 Edited by gbrading (8072 posts) -

It appears three forums have been mashed together and I confess I was not aware this was going to happen. I will endeavour to raise all community questions and comments with staff when possible, but please be patient as they are dealing with a lot of queries at the moment. Rest assured I will try to fight for our case. :)

Avatar image for Elann2008
#25 Edited by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Obviously. The PC Hardware forum should be separate. Just really dumb.

Avatar image for Toxic-Seahorse
#26 Edited by Toxic-Seahorse (4988 posts) -

I have no idea why they thought mashing all of these boards together was a good idea. It's not only the PC Games/Hardware sections, they did it for all the Sony (ps3/4/Vita) and Nintendo(Wii/U/DS/3DS) boards as well. It's a train wreck.

Avatar image for Elann2008
#27 Edited by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@kraken2109 said:

I am also confused and upset about the new gamespot.

EDIT: It also seems to have resized my sig and reduced my post count by close to 300.

I think I have lost about 8000 posts :P

Sorry to go kinda off-topic Marcthepro, but i'd rather have rank/level than post count. Because, I really love to show off my 32k posts hermit status. /flex /sarcasm. Either put both level and posts, only level, or none. And damn it, I still can't load an avatar image. By the time it works for everyone, I'd lose all interest in returning to this piece of garbage new website layout.

Avatar image for raid0n
#28 Edited by RAID0N (25 posts) -

It's terrible and looks messy.

Avatar image for The_Animator420
#29 Edited by The_Animator420 (262 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@horgen123 said:

@kraken2109 said:

I am also confused and upset about the new gamespot.

EDIT: It also seems to have resized my sig and reduced my post count by close to 300.

I think I have lost about 8000 posts :P

Sorry to go kinda off-topic Marcthepro, but i'd rather have rank/level than post count. Because, I really love to show off my 32k posts hermit status. /flex /sarcasm. Either put both level and posts, only level, or none. And damn it, I still can't load an avatar image. By the time it works for everyone, I'd lose all interest in returning to this piece of garbage new website layout.

Put this line of code into your Javascript Console to fix the image uploading problem:

$('head').append('<meta name="roles" content="elkrules" /> ');

Avatar image for comp_atkins
#30 Posted by comp_atkins (34248 posts) -

i agree.. this makes no sense and only leads to ridiculous topic clutter.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
#31 Posted by PfizersaurusRex (1101 posts) -

I only posted on Hardware Discussion and PC&Mac Games, so I guess I can live with it. But these fonts and the color scheme... Total miss.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#32 Edited by Gaming-Planet (18548 posts) -

Gamespot losing its touch with the userbase.

Avatar image for The_Animator420
#33 Edited by The_Animator420 (262 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

Gamespot losing its touch with the userbase.

I totally agree with this. All my coworkers are stoked about the redesign, while on the other hand my gamer friends (myself included) are either frustrated with the redesign or looking at other possibilities (IGN, Polygon, Toms Hardware, etc)

Avatar image for joseph_mach
#34 Posted by joseph_mach (3891 posts) -

@kraken2109 said:

I am also confused and upset about the new gamespot.

EDIT: It also seems to have resized my sig and reduced my post count by close to 300.

Hold me.... >.<

Lol..what the heck is going on here? So they combined the two forums huh? Interesting....

Avatar image for Elann2008
#35 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

@The_Animator420 said:

@Elann2008 said:

@horgen123 said:

@kraken2109 said:

I am also confused and upset about the new gamespot.

EDIT: It also seems to have resized my sig and reduced my post count by close to 300.

I think I have lost about 8000 posts :P

Sorry to go kinda off-topic Marcthepro, but i'd rather have rank/level than post count. Because, I really love to show off my 32k posts hermit status. /flex /sarcasm. Either put both level and posts, only level, or none. And damn it, I still can't load an avatar image. By the time it works for everyone, I'd lose all interest in returning to this piece of garbage new website layout.

Put this line of code into your Javascript Console to fix the image uploading problem:

$('head').append('<meta name="roles" content="elkrules" /> ');

Worked! Thanks mate. :-)

Avatar image for The_Animator420
#36 Posted by The_Animator420 (262 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@The_Animator420 said:

@Elann2008 said:

@horgen123 said:

@kraken2109 said:

I am also confused and upset about the new gamespot.

EDIT: It also seems to have resized my sig and reduced my post count by close to 300.

I think I have lost about 8000 posts :P

Sorry to go kinda off-topic Marcthepro, but i'd rather have rank/level than post count. Because, I really love to show off my 32k posts hermit status. /flex /sarcasm. Either put both level and posts, only level, or none. And damn it, I still can't load an avatar image. By the time it works for everyone, I'd lose all interest in returning to this piece of garbage new website layout.

Put this line of code into your Javascript Console to fix the image uploading problem:

$('head').append('<meta name="roles" content="elkrules" /> ');

Worked! Thanks mate. :-)

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Avatar image for nutcrackr
#37 Posted by nutcrackr (13029 posts) -

maybe the posts in unions were deleted, thus post count drops?

Avatar image for INF1DEL
#38 Edited by INF1DEL (2083 posts) -

Maybe this topic should be moved to the feedback forum. So many people are unhappy with this change and I don't see anyone defending it so hopefully they'll revert it.

Avatar image for Elann2008
#39 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

@INF1DEL said:

Maybe this topic should be moved to the feedback forum. So many people are unhappy with this change and I don't see anyone defending it so hopefully they'll revert it.

I'm not disagreeing with you but hell would freeze over before they revert back to old Gamespot. But the least they could do is at least separate PC Hardware and PC games. IF that's what you meant than sorry hehe.

Avatar image for The_Animator420
#40 Edited by The_Animator420 (262 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@INF1DEL said:

Maybe this topic should be moved to the feedback forum. So many people are unhappy with this change and I don't see anyone defending it so hopefully they'll revert it.

I'm not disagreeing with you but hell would freeze over before they revert back to old Gamespot. But the least they could do is at least separate PC Hardware and PC games. IF that's what you meant than sorry hehe.

I agree with you about the reverting to the old GameSpot part. I am only hoping that they revert to the old forums. Keep the new redesign, I just want the old forum structure back and I want the number of pages listed under the thread titles like how it was before.

Avatar image for Cwagmire21
#41 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

Site was in need of an update, but I don't like the merging of PC games and hardware either.

Avatar image for the_bi99man
#42 Posted by the_bi99man (11242 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@kraken2109 said:

I am also confused and upset about the new gamespot.

EDIT: It also seems to have resized my sig and reduced my post count by close to 300.

I think I have lost about 8000 posts :P

Yeah, I lost a few hundred. It's something inherent in the new system, I think. I was invited to be in the beta for the new site last week (tried it, stopped in disgust after like 3 minutes), and even when I was looking at posts I had made before the change, my post count was shown hundreds lower, while using the new view, and I could go back to the old view, and my post count would be where it should be (over 10k).

Avatar image for JigglyWiggly_
#43 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24599 posts) -

i am confused

help pls

Avatar image for Elann2008
#44 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

@The_Animator420 said:

@Elann2008 said:

@INF1DEL said:

Maybe this topic should be moved to the feedback forum. So many people are unhappy with this change and I don't see anyone defending it so hopefully they'll revert it.

I'm not disagreeing with you but hell would freeze over before they revert back to old Gamespot. But the least they could do is at least separate PC Hardware and PC games. IF that's what you meant than sorry hehe.

I agree with you about the reverting to the old GameSpot part. I am only hoping that they revert to the old forums. Keep the new redesign, I just want the old forum structure back and I want the number of pages listed under the thread titles like how it was before.

Precisely!

Avatar image for INF1DEL
#45 Posted by INF1DEL (2083 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@INF1DEL said:

Maybe this topic should be moved to the feedback forum. So many people are unhappy with this change and I don't see anyone defending it so hopefully they'll revert it.

I'm not disagreeing with you but hell would freeze over before they revert back to old Gamespot. But the least they could do is at least separate PC Hardware and PC games. IF that's what you meant than sorry hehe.

LOL yeah, I don't expect them to revert the whole update. I don't want them to. I just meant the forum merge.

Avatar image for nutcrackr
#46 Posted by nutcrackr (13029 posts) -

Given they are now merged, it doesn't seem practical that they will be easily separated. If we got a new forum the posts would need to be moved by hand. Not sure how the new mod tools work, but hopefully some kind mods would go through a few months worth and move the threads over.

Avatar image for metacritical
#47 Posted by metacritical (2537 posts) -

as i said above: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/computer-hardware-discussion-314159272/

the PC hardware forum is there, it just only has two threads at the moment.

Avatar image for AraiDaiichi
#48 Edited by AraiDaiichi (123 posts) -

This is just terrible, the whole new gamespot looks just bad. Especially way they did forums.

Avatar image for PumpkinBoogie
#49 Posted by PumpkinBoogie (3375 posts) -

@Arronaxxx said:

I usually welcome changes, but this here is a fucking mess.

Yep, that pretty much sums it for me, in a nutshell. <_<

And that's not just confined to this mess; it just like that in Nintendo & Playstation forums as well. Seriously, was NOT a genius idea. I don't mind how the forums look now--style-wise--but as far as functionality & organization of forums, it's straight shitty. I can only hope while we're all still testing this in beta that they at least look into tweaking this.

Avatar image for Arach666
#50 Posted by Arach666 (23248 posts) -

As far as I understand it there will be new sub forums coming up a while after the launch of the new site,won´t be surprised if audio/video and PC hardware come back as well in the same or some other form.