Anyone having issues with Nvidia 313.96 beta driver?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IFBB-PRO (211 posts) -

After downloading 313.96 driver for my gtx 670 ftw, it give me better performance for crysis 3 beta but it seems my other games started acting up as well. xcom started to run slugish and when i tried to play natural selection 2 my screen started to go black until I had to hard reset my pc. I also started getting displayport error messeges. Has anyone else had similar issues with this new driver? Will Nvidia release new non beta driver when crysis 3 releases?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#2 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

No nothing like that, but they will definitely release another one when it launches. It will likely be beta first but they will have WHQL drivers out very soon after C3 launches, so I would roll back to the 310 drivers and wait. 

#3 Posted by IFBB-PRO (211 posts) -

I went back to 310 driver and problem went away. Will reinstalling 313.96 make any difference or do you think I will run into the same problem? Another question I have is when you installing new driver do you install custom or express (recomended). Do you install everything that is offered with the driver (such as 3d,sound?)

#4 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Sure does give me issues in Dead Space 3. All the doors with the glowing blue wheel handles make necromorph corpse sound that repeats in a loop. It's a very annoying sound. Had to roll back to 310.90 and it went away. Maybe I'll have better luck when I put in my GTX 670 today.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#5 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

I went back to 310 driver and problem went away. Will reinstalling 313.96 make any difference or do you think I will run into the same problem? Another question I have is when you installing new driver do you install custom or express (recomended). Do you install everything that is offered with the driver (such as 3d,sound?)

IFBB-PRO

it will likely still be the same. Just wait. I always custom install and do a clean installation, stops any conflicting issues. I also dont install 3D stuff as i dont need it. But these likely wouldnt effect it all that much. Theyre mainly just for crysis 3 and nothing else

#6 Posted by danxxx (687 posts) -
have the same card and i havent notice any problems thus far.
#7 Posted by danjammer69 (4281 posts) -

Actually, to the contrary.

The previous "Official" driver was the one giving me issues.

GW2 was the game giving me the most problems. My SLI setup was getting around 45-50% gpu usage in almost every part of the game.

While not perfect, this beta driver has greatly increased performance for me in GW2.

#8 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

I had a lot of issues. Crashes and glitches with Warframe and The Witcher 2, couldn't start up a few other games, ect. Just rolled back until the official release.

#9 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

I had a lot of issues. Crashes and glitches with Warframe and The Witcher 2, couldn't start up a few other games, ect. Just rolled back until the official release.

ChubbyGuy40
Same here with The Witcher 2. I was playing it for my 2nd playthrough and the game froze my PC, and got the black screen. Mind you, my first playthrough, no issues whatsoever; TW2 is not a short game.