anyone get the nvidia titan yet?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by DieselCat18 (2968 posts) -

I would guess that the price/performance rating for this card is pretty low, even for a PC enthusiast that's a lot of money. If you don't have a problem with spending that much cash and are happy with your purchase, then that's all that matters...hope they perform to your expectations but I would never spend that kind of money for the return I would get back...but that's just me.

*+

#-48 Posted by andmcq (256 posts) -

Just upgraded to one. Previous card setup was 6970CF. The performance isn't so much higher (@2560x1600), but that's not what I was after. The Titan is so much quieter and the fact that 60fps actually looks like 60fps with a single (nvidia) card compared to the CF setups, makes the Titan worth every cent.

#-47 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

OWNAGEDC650:  I'm sure you probably know this, but just making sure...the new Beta drivers supposedly fix the throttling issue.

#-46 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (3117 posts) -

Sorry to tell you this but the GTX 690 beats the Titan considerably on every benchmark

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_review,1.html

DBROWN9

this is why its a waste of money.. but if you can afford it uhh :D:cool:

#-45 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

[QUOTE="DBROWN9"]

Sorry to tell you this but the GTX 690 beats the Titan considerably on every benchmark

_SKatEDiRt_

i think that even though you get a little less performance (since you get it all on 1 gpu as opposed to 2) + the 6gb (12 total with 2) memory it's better because if you end up getting a second one you only have to worry about 2 gpu's going bad as opposed to 4. kinda like less moving parts with passive heatsink is usually better option than active heatsink with fan. but as for performance, yeah doesn't look like it's going to catch it one on one.

#-43 Posted by GioVela2010 (4526 posts) -

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="DBROWN9"]

buccomatic

i think that even though you get a little less performance (since you get it all on 1 gpu as opposed to 2) + the 6gb (12 total with 2) memory it's better because if you end up getting a second one you only have to worry about 2 gpu's going bad as opposed to 4. kinda like less moving parts with passive heatsink is usually better option than active heatsink with fan. but as for performance, yeah doesn't look like it's going to catch it one on one.

U dont get 12GB total with 2 Titans in SLI, u still only get to use 6GB
#-42 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -
[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

GioVela2010

U dont get 12GB total with 2 Titans in SLI, u still only get to use 6GB

aaagh pisser. oh well, at least u get 6 instead of 4 :)
#-41 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

Mine come tomorrow...and I will be at work all evening.  :(

But I'm super hyped about this weekend!  :D

#-40 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

Santa Clause came today:

Can't wait to install these bad boys!  :D

#-39 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Mother of Titans!
#-38 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -
<- Jelly
#-37 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
<- Jellydarksusperia
I second this.
#-36 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

I'm actually off work all next week, I couldn't have planned this better haha.  :P

#-34 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

Santa Clause came today:

FaustArp

*drool* and mmmmm smexy! i like it!

i have a seasonic seasonic x-850 (gold) psu. do you think it will be enough power to run 2 titans in sli with an i7 3930k, rampage IV gene,  velociraptor 10k and 16gb ram?

#-33 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

i have a seasonic seasonic x-850 (gold) psu. do you think it will be enough power to run 2 titans in sli with an i7 3930k, rampage IV gene,  velociraptor 10k and 16gb ram?

buccomatic

I was in the same position as you, wondering if 850W was enough for Titan SLI.  The Guru of 3D recommends an 800W or higher PSU for 2x GTX Titan. 

So technically yes, it should be fine.  But I intend to overclock my cards including raising the voltage to the maximum allowed amount (Titan has limited voltage control).  I was extremely uneasy as to whether 850W would be enough headroom for this.

So I think 850W should be OK, but I'm not sure if it's really enough for maximal OCing.  Just for the peace of mind, and not having to worry about it, I upgraded my PSU.

It's a bit of a pickle, yes.

#-32 Posted by Tabris91 (7779 posts) -

850W will be fine, you can run 2 gtx 480s on a decent 850W PSU.

#-31 Posted by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

Santa Clause came today:

*image*

FaustArp
So what's happening to the 680s?
#-30 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

Santa Clause came today:

*image*

kraken2109

So what's happening to the 680s?

They were sold; I found them a good home with a hardcore gamer.  :)

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#-29 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -

Santa Clause came today:

FaustArp
Damn you....Damn you to hell! Titans are stupid anyway.
Avatar image for crippledmachine
#-28 Posted by crippledmachine (256 posts) -
It's surely one hell of a card! I'm content with my GTX 670 so I'm sticking with it. The Titan is way too expensive for me to spend on a GPU.
Avatar image for deactivated-57fc104bb2a34
#-27 Posted by deactivated-57fc104bb2a34 (1104 posts) -
<<<-------------------- JELLY JELLY JELLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :(
#-26 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

<<<-------------------- JELLY JELLY JELLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :(Jobesky123

Not to make anyone more jelly (:() but I'm loving these Titans more than I thought I would.  They are MONSTERS!  :D

I posted some pics in the "Rate My Setup!" thread and will post some benches in the next few days.

Having said that, I think Maxwell might out-perform Titan for less a price...

#-25 Posted by muirplayer (406 posts) -

I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)FaustArp

So uhhh... plan on folding with either one of those? Or both maybe?! Pretty sure they'd crank out some units no problem! You don't have to of course, I'm just sayin...

#-24 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

hmmm yes. i didn't consider the fact that would i have to up the voltage to OC.

i swear i thought i checked this when i bought my psu, but i just went to newegg and used their psu calculator and it said i would need 1072 watts to power dual 690's and 799 watts for dual 680's. i must have been thinking i was only going to get a 680 and then add one later (putting it together month by month piece by piece so i can afford it).

so much for getting dual 690's (if they drop in price and the titans stay's high in price). i'm gonna have go go for it (with titan) and cross my fingers on this one... "ims loves me mines 850w seasonic!" :|

#-23 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jobesky123"]

Not to make anyone more jelly (:() but I'm loving these Titans more than I thought I would.  They are MONSTERS!  :D

I posted some pics in the "Rate My Setup!" thread and will post some benches in the next few days.

FaustArp

[QUOTE="Jobesky123"]<<<-------------------- JELLY JELLY JELLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :(FaustArp

can you upload any fraps recordings with ultra high settings to your youtube account (if you have one) so we can check it out? the guy in the the link i posted was running a 2500k and it still looked beastly. i am interested in seeing what they will do with a more powerful cpu running it.
#-22 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="Jobesky123"] [QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="Jobesky123"]<<<-------------------- JELLY JELLY JELLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :(buccomatic

can you upload any fraps recordings with ultra high settings to your youtube account (if you have one) so we can check it out? the guy in the the link i posted was running a 2500k and it still looked beastly. i am interested in seeing what they will do with a more powerful cpu running it.

Don't have a YouTube account, but I'll be posting some benches soon in the Rate My Setup! thread.  :)

#-21 Posted by TheProdigy619 (317 posts) -

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)SystemsGO

You must be rich. :D, help a fellow PC gaming peasant out. Haha. 

Seriously, buy me one too. I only need the one. :). Btw, what do you do for a living?

I'm in my last semester of nursing school right now, but I'd never bable to afford two titans at any given time. I have a wife and 8 month old. Got kids? 

shoulda went to PA school

#-20 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

If anyone is looking for Titans but can't find any in stock, I think that the place where I got mine has some, and might get more.

www.bossrigs.com

They also sold for MSRP when everyone else was price-gouging.  :)