Anyone ever play a game where the demo version was enough for you?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Zuon
Zuon

485

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zuon
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

Long gone are the days of shareware, as file sizes for small chunks have increased dramatically, but I've found an interest in some of the new Steam demos, particularly the ones from Bethesda published titles. The Dishonored 2 demo had an appealing level right at the start, DOOM had enough running and gunning to satiate my fix, and Prey... I'm not really getting into that one, but I do admit it's pretty generous.

I own full versions of all of these, yet if I ever get the hunger to play one of them, I find myself logging into my secondary (demo-specific) steam account and just downloading the freebie, to save on hard drive space.

Anyone else have any games they never felt the need to play the full version of? They don't have to be new games - just think about any you've played in general. I'm interested in hearing everyone's stories.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

8018

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 8018 Posts

Bomberman Ultra

I bought it 7 years later. The multiplayer was good for just playing with friends. Classic Bomberman.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
jun_aka_pekto

25254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25254 Posts

The multiplayer portion of the original Doom demo. It brought down productivity in many companies long before the full game was released.

Avatar image for thereal25
thereal25

2050

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2050 Posts

Mgs ground zeroes. People said it was fantastic. I found it rather dull.

Avatar image for Gammit10
Gammit10

2397

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#5 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

UT 2003

Avatar image for Yams1980
Yams1980

3845

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3845 Posts

I had the wolfenstein demo/shareware version in the early 90s. I never bought the game cause it let you play the entire first episode and its a game i liked... but one episode was enough. I didn't feel like i needed anything more of it after that.

Avatar image for Zuon
Zuon

485

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

@thereal25: Funny enough, MGS V (Ground Zeroes AND the full game) is the only MGS I cannot stealth my way through at all. Pretty much every mission ends in a blood bath. Either I don't understand the game enough to be good at it, or my skill has tanked since MGS4.

Avatar image for FelipeInside
FelipeInside

28548

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Halo Multiplayer Demo !!!

Avatar image for thereal25
thereal25

2050

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#9 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2050 Posts

@Zuon said:

@thereal25: Funny enough, MGS V (Ground Zeroes AND the full game) is the only MGS I cannot stealth my way through at all. Pretty much every mission ends in a blood bath. Either I don't understand the game enough to be good at it, or my skill has tanked since MGS4.

Yup, I don't recall doing a whole lot of stealth either. I run out of patience for that kind of stuff... - and the shooting was just meh.

Oh, and don't get me started on the ridiculously convoluted story!

Avatar image for urbangamez
urbangamez

3511

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#10 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

no

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

51169

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 51169 Posts

I remember the Battlefield 2...or maybe it was Battlefield Bad Company 2....demo was just one map, but it was a really good map, and man I played that thing for like two hours every day and so did a lot of other people for a long time before I bought the actual game.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

51169

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 51169 Posts

@thereal25 said:
@Zuon said:

@thereal25: Funny enough, MGS V (Ground Zeroes AND the full game) is the only MGS I cannot stealth my way through at all. Pretty much every mission ends in a blood bath. Either I don't understand the game enough to be good at it, or my skill has tanked since MGS4.

Yup, I don't recall doing a whole lot of stealth either. I run out of patience for that kind of stuff... - and the shooting was just meh.

Oh, and don't get me started on the ridiculously convoluted story!

rofl yeah, guess that is a trademark of the series. Apparently the guy wanted to be a movie director but couldn't manage being one, wonder why? :P

Avatar image for fenriz275
fenriz275

2149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2149 Posts

Got bored with Overwatch and Star Wars Battlefront before the open betas were over.

Avatar image for gerygo
GeryGo

12666

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#14 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12666 Posts

@mrbojangles25: the map with the crane in the middle, good times.

@FelipeInside said:

Halo Multiplayer Demo !!!

Had some great times with it, pro banshee pilot here :P I also did a very good job at sniping from one end to another.

I probably had more time with it than the full game.

I must add Dark Messiah multiplayer demo, no matter what class you chose it was great, but the wizard slow electric ball of death was something to remember.

Avatar image for omegamaster
omegaMaster

2147

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 2147 Posts

Tombi (PS1) Felt the demo was pretty long

Avatar image for thereal25
thereal25

2050

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#16 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2050 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@thereal25 said:
@Zuon said:

@thereal25: Funny enough, MGS V (Ground Zeroes AND the full game) is the only MGS I cannot stealth my way through at all. Pretty much every mission ends in a blood bath. Either I don't understand the game enough to be good at it, or my skill has tanked since MGS4.

Yup, I don't recall doing a whole lot of stealth either. I run out of patience for that kind of stuff... - and the shooting was just meh.

Oh, and don't get me started on the ridiculously convoluted story!

rofl yeah, guess that is a trademark of the series. Apparently the guy wanted to be a movie director but couldn't manage being one, wonder why? :P

Heh, so now he has to inflict his "story telling" on us in games. Sort of like Pink and her acrobatics in her concerts lol.

Avatar image for skipper847
skipper847

7334

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#17 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Most games today are demos with season passes as the full game.

Avatar image for bln1
BLN1

128

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 BLN1
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

I remember playing many demos that got me excited for getting the main games. Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, a Phoenix Wright game, Super Smash Bros. 3DS and more.

I too miss the demos that were out in stores, those were good times.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

28830

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 28830 Posts

Played the demo of Dark Messiah more than the full game.