Anyone else loving the Steam workshop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I just tried it the other day with Skyrim for the first time since I'm still playing it and its fantastic. 

You just have to subscribe to the user and their mod and it automatically downloads it and installs it for you.

I didn't realise how incredibly smooth and accessible it is. I'd like to see this used for more games soon.  

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

I keep trying to make a hat or weapon for TF2 but I get half way through making it, decide I don't like the look of it and start again. lol :)

I think the steam workshop is great. anything that adds content for free and expands the life of a game is awesome.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
I've never had any interest in using it, personally. I prefer FPSBanana (now known as GameBanana) for modding. Maybe I'm just old school.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

A lot of the L4D2 mods are dumb but they are entertaining, like turning the medkit into a baby or making the hunter into hitler

manocanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 manocanada
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

Never tried the workshop but have heard good things about it. Will give it a go with AOE II HD, hopefully people make some sweet mods for it.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
I've never had any interest in using it, personally. I prefer FPSBanana (now known as GameBanana) for modding. Maybe I'm just old school.SKaREO
used fpsbanana last year for nostalgia's sake. man i really miss that site, but i feel that steam workshop opens up a whole new channel of content creation due to the simplicity of it all. which makes no sense in the end
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

Yeah, ever since picking up skyrim, I haven't even gone to the nexus yet. I'm sure that I'm missing out on something, but for now? Nah.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

It makes it so easy to get rid of mods as well, no trying to work out which files got changed or looking through readmes - just unsubscribe and the game is back to normal.