Anybody know if Age of Conan will have subscriprtion fees?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Darth_Quanstars
Darth_Quanstars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Darth_Quanstars
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
.. cuz i really don't like shelling out 15 or so bucks a month to play a game ill probably only have time for on the weekends.
Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Simsfreak14
Member since 2006 • 1480 Posts
I think it will have fees but I'm not 100% sure...
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
$15 a month.
bochero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bochero
Member since 2007 • 472 Posts
It's an MMO, so it likely will.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
It will, as any other MMORPG. 15 dollars per month to be precise.
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

.. cuz i really don't like shelling out 15 or so bucks a month to play a game ill probably only have time for on the weekends.Darth_Quanstars

Is this a serious question? lol. Acorse it's going to have a monthly fee.

And 15$ a month is not bad...

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="Darth_Quanstars"].. cuz i really don't like shelling out 15 or so bucks a month to play a game ill probably only have time for on the weekends.Expo_Smacko

Is this a serious question? lol. Acorse it's going to have a monthly fee.

And 15$ a month is not bad...

50 cents per day. ;)

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

I'm going to say probably. Guild Wars 2 won't (and it sound like it will be more like a MMORPG than the first one) but it's unknown when that will be out.

I don't know if you like Diablo-like games, but you could always try Dungeon Runners.

If you want to play a traditional MMORPG with modern graphics without having to pay a fee, then Silk Road is probably your best bet. (Free game, but you have to pay to use the best gear or something like that.)

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chrisrooR

I'm going to say probably. Guild Wars 2 won't (and it sound like it will be more like a MMORPG than the first one) but it's unknown when that will be out.

I don't know if you like Diablo-like games, but you could always try Dungeon Runners.

If you want to play a traditional MMORPG with modern graphics without having to pay a fee, then Silk Road is probably your best bet. (Free game, but you have to pay to use the best gear or something like that.)

SpaceMoose

Honestly, it's stupid on their part. Hatts-off to them if they can pull off an MMORPG with no monthly fee...but realistically it won't work. The cost to keep the servers each month would far surpass their profit made from the actual game.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SpaceMoose
[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

chrisrooR

Honestly, it's stupid on their part. Hatts-off to them if they can pull off an MMORPG with no monthly fee...but realistically it won't work. The cost to keep the servers each month would far surpass their profit made from the actual game.

They don't charge a fee for the first one and it plays like a MMORPG in a lot of ways...

They have a different business model. They just keep releasing new campaigns and you only buy them if you want them, which of course a lot of people do, for the new character classes, new skills for old classes, and new story. It sounds like they might structure expansions for the second one a little differently, but there will be no fee to play. They have been VERY adamant about emphasizing that.

Unlike the first one, the entire world will be persistent (except for instanced dungeons like other MMOs do), and they have even toyed with the idea of having no level cap (but with diminishing returns beyond a certain point). One of the reasons the first didn't feel quite like that kind of game is that your character maxed out rather quickly.

Lash540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lash540
Member since 2003 • 489 Posts
.. cuz i really don't like shelling out 15 or so bucks a month to play a game ill probably only have time for on the weekends.Darth_Quanstars

yes it will have fees theres an article about it on this website I will try to find it for you its $15/month , hey man to each his own to me $15 is chump change and it helps the game creators have jobs so Im more than willin to dish that $15/m for there salary.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
There is a fee
Lash540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lash540
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189776.html?tag=result;title;0

That should get you to the story on this website about it...

But if it doesnt then run a search on this website for PC Age of Conan golden, priced.

Your Welcome. =D!
ryguy35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 ryguy35
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Everything you need to know and more about Age of Conan you can find on their official web site just do a web search for Age of Conan and your there.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I've already paid a fee for 100 days.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

SpaceMoose

They don't charge a fee for the first one and it plays like a MMORPG in a lot of ways...

They have a different business model. They just keep releasing new campaigns and you only buy them if you want them, which of course a lot of people do, for the new character classes, new skills for old classes, and new story. It sounds like they might structure expansions for the second one a little differently, but there will be no fee to play. They have been VERY adamant about emphasizing that.

Unlike the first one, the entire world will be persistent (except for instanced dungeons like other MMOs do), and they have even toyed with the idea of having no level cap (but with diminishing returns beyond a certain point). One of the reasons the first didn't feel quite like that kind of game is that your character maxed out rather quickly.

But the point is that it wasn't an MMORPG. It lacked the persistant world that WoW, AoC, EQII...etc had. Personally, i don't believe that a persistant world, with no lag, will be possible to achieve without the company going into some sort of defecit.

Archias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archias
Member since 2003 • 221 Posts

It won't:

Two weeks from release and it's still bugged with crashes every 10-15 minutes.

Unless the pull off a miracle the game will be dead a month after launch.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpaceMoose

But the point is that it wasn't an MMORPG. It lacked the persistant world that WoW, AoC, EQII...etc had. Personally, i don't believe that a persistant world, with no lag, will be possible to achieve without the company going into some sort of defecit.

chrisrooR

Do you really think that most of the money they charge for WoW or any other MMO with a substantial user base is not sheer profit? I think you are severely overestimating the modern day costs of this type of game. Besides, like I said, Guild Wars does not charge a subscription, but they find other ways to get people to voluntarily keep giving them money. I mean, Guild Wars came out after World of Warcraft, but there are already 4 Guild Wars games / expansions you can buy. It doesn't matter if the whole player base does, because in the end it's just a numbers and percentages thing.

For that matter, there are already MMORPGs that you can play without paying ANY MONEY AT ALL, so the idea that it can't work with a game that you have to at least purchase is a bit off.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

It won't:

Archias

If you are playing the FP open beta, its client is older than the closed beta and the GS PvP one. I don't know why that is , but one can presume it means they feel the game is stable for launch and they are probably working on something else like balance and features.

I was in the GS pvp beta and the game was stable for the most part. No crashes, just a yellow texture issue that Im sure theyll fix.

Shullian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shullian
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts
Yes 15$ a month, See the game on Gamestop.com
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

It won't:

Archias
I think it will go strong for about 6 months or so then drop off. The launch is going to be terrible mark my words..
lenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lenson
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts
EB is already selling 60 day game time cards for Age of Conan.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheCrazed420
[QUOTE="Archias"]

It won't:

A1B2C3CAL

I think it will go strong for about 6 months or so then drop off. The launch is going to be terrible mark my words..

Which MMO launch hasnt been shaky?

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
[QUOTE="A1B2C3CAL"][QUOTE="Archias"]

It won't:

TheCrazed420

LOTRO had rather good launch.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheCrazed420
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"][QUOTE="A1B2C3CAL"][QUOTE="Archias"]

It won't:

RK-Mara

LOTRO had rather good launch.

Yeah, thats true. And I was actually in that beta thru to launch, heh.

So let me rephrase ; generally, most MMo's have a bit of a shaky start. :)

Lash540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lash540
You all need to chill , everyone complaining about the game and it hasnt even come out , you havent even played it , and if your playing one of the open betas your not even playing the game to its fullest , the beta uses like 1 yr old game clients so people cause get the most recent one and just not have to buy the game.... Cause with a beta client I can make my own server and me and my friends can play on it and do whatever we want and not have to buy the game, unless oh they use an older client.

Please stop complaining and try it trust me you might like it you might not , to each his own , but dont diss it before you even try.

We have already answered this guys questions about the fee so please we can now stop this theard.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

It won't:

Archias

Since everyone has the same problems as you!