Anybody know how to get a decent connection in Star Wars Battlefront?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I had been looking at Battlefront for a while because it looked like a decent game, and I love star wars. Picked it up on sale on Origin this weekend, and I'm really liking it. Except for I can't get a good connection for multiplayer. My internet connection is great, I've tried both hardwired and wireless. I have no issues with any other games. But in Battlefront, I have really bad ping in general, and get complete lockups for a couple seconds at a time, about once per minute like clockwork. Googled it, and all I found was a whole shit ton of other people with the same problem, and nothing that appears to be a real fix from EA. Just the typical crap (restart your router/modem, make sure your firewall isn't blocking the game, open a handful of ports), which I've tried already, and didn't change anything.

Has anyone here had this problem and managed to fix it? Or is it just another of those mystery bugs that doesn't affect enough people for the company to care, and I'm one of the unlucky ones who should just try to get a refund if I still can?