Any1 else feel ripped off about old republic?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

It's a terrible, terrible game that shouldn't exist.

jakes456

nail on the head. All that money for one of the worst releases in the last 5 years. Possibly the worst MMO, if you can even call it that, of all time.

I understand that people have different opinions and I don't expect everyone to agree with mine. That said, it's my opinion that this ^ quote here is one of the most over dramatic and ridiculous statements I have ever read on this forum.

TOR isn't going to change the mmo genre for sure but it's a good game. And to say "Possibly the worst MMO, if you can even call it that, of all time" is a joke.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
One thing that really pissed me off about the game were the amount of spells, I am pretty decent at MMOs when it comes to key binding, I dont even click my mounts in WoW, its all keybinded. But with SWTOR there were so many spells it was insane, I hit 50 and had like 3 full bars that I needed, even with a razer naga and shift/ctrl mods it was just way to much.
James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

I hate all the restrictions, but I'm having an okay time with the free version. I don't know what to do when I get behind in levels though. I can see it coming where I won't be high enough level to continue questing. Limitations on flashpoints, warzones, and space battles means I would have to do some serious grinding. Kill random monsters for hours just to get to the next quest level. I won't do that, so I might end up quitting before I get to level cap.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I hate all the restrictions, but I'm having an okay time with the free version. I don't know what to do when I get behind in levels though. I can see it coming where I won't be high enough level to continue questing. Limitations on flashpoints, warzones, and space battles means I would have to do some serious grinding. Kill random monsters for hours just to get to the next quest level. I won't do that, so I might end up quitting before I get to level cap.

James00715
On my sub model, I barely did any flashpoints, no warzones and a few space battles and I could keep up with the leveling system. Hope it works out for your free model too.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

It's a terrible, terrible game that shouldn't exist.

BSC14

nail on the head. All that money for one of the worst releases in the last 5 years. Possibly the worst MMO, if you can even call it that, of all time.

I understand that people have different opinions and I don't expect everyone to agree with mine. That said, it's my opinion that this ^ quote here is one of the most over dramatic and ridiculous statements I have ever read on this forum.

TOR isn't going to change the mmo genre for sure but it's a good game. And to say "Possibly the worst MMO, if you can even call it that, of all time" is a joke.

Haven't you been around here lately? Everything LittleKillx and Jakes say are a complete joke. Wondering if it's the same person actually.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
[QUOTE="James00715"]

FelipeInside
On my sub model, I barely did any flashpoints, no warzones and a few space battles and I could keep up with the leveling system. Hope it works out for your free model too.

The F2P players have reduced XP IIRC and items at vendors cost more. The F2P restrictions are a little overboard imo and isn't actually going to win them throngs of new subs, I don't think... Well I played a few hours worth yesterday and it actually was sort of fun. It felt good to be in the SW universe again, anyway and the quests were pretty interesting. Its alright I guess, for a free game or at least, 14.99 bucks. I wouldn't mind spending that amount for SWTOR but unfortunately, Planetside 2 is releasing tomorrow. I actually begin to think that the hate is just jaded gamers being overly melo-dramatic as they usually do, it seems like a decent game. People were just overhyping themselves at the beginning, I supposed.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I am currently a sub member and I have bought 2 armor sets so far and each character has improved greatly. You could argue it is pay 2 win but so far I rather like the cartel market place that has been added and don't feel ripped off.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I do think it's absolutely atrocious how people who bought the game are getting very little back, in this absolutely ugly - if not one of the ugliest examples of a free to play translation. Which, seeing how things have gone, doesn't surprise me.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Oh, the TORtanic threads again. Remember when Bioware said it was gonna surpass WoW? Remember when the BDF were spouting their nonsense about the game being totally fine and the servers being full and all that stuff, and subs rising? Remember when they said it was normal that EA stocks were dropping? And now the game going F2P is a good thing! Oh Biodrones, you never cease to amuse me!

SW:TOR for game of the year, despite it being released in 2011, it obliterated my sides throughout all 2012!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 FelipeInside

Oh, the TORtanic threads again. Remember when Bioware said it was gonna surpass WoW? Remember when the BDF were spouting their nonsense about the game being totally fine and the servers being full and all that stuff, and subs rising? Remember when they said it was normal that EA stocks were dropping? And now the game going F2P is a good thing! Oh Biodrones, you never cease to amuse me!

SW:TOR for game of the year, despite it being released in 2011, it obliterated my sides throughout all 2012!

QQabitmoar
BioWare never said that, just saying.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]I do think it's absolutely atrocious how people who bought the game are getting very little back, in this absolutely ugly - if not one of the ugliest examples of a free to play translation. Which, seeing how things have gone, doesn't surprise me.

What do you mean? I got 2500 Cartel Points from my purchase and more Cartel Points for each month I sub. OFF-TOPIC: For the Collector's out there, I bought his off Amazon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L564nLHOqrw Really great quality and lengthy book. It's not a game guide, it's the actual lore from the Old Republic Universe. A must if ur a SW fan.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Completley relevant this subject.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FelipeInside
http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2012/03/06/is-star-wars-the-old-republic-a-good-game/ That's basically a good recent review of the game. It's more of a Massive SINGLE PLAYER Online RPG, like a KOTOR Online RPG. For people that like Story, Characters and The SW Universe, it's a good bet. For those that want a hardcore MMO, not so much.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

[QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

FelipeInside

Don't make me go digging for their April/May and pre-E3 interviews...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

QQabitmoar

I never agree with your concepts on MMOs, but this is a clear +1, I remember it very well, they did say all of that with quite an attitude.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] BioWare never said that, just saying.DanielDust

I never agree with your concepts on MMOs, but this is a clear +1, I remember it very well, they did say all of that with quite an attitude.

Then my bad. I remember reading that they wanted (dreamed) to be as big as WoW, not that they were going to surpass WoW.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

I brought this game at release 1 year ago and now its going free to play? Not only that i remember paying alot more than normal for a PC game due to development costs. I wouldn't be so pissed if facking EA/bioware give me something back. A couple monthssubscription time or credits. Anything to say i didn't waste £38.

PCgameruk

I have friends that have had that happen to them 3-4 times. Other times the games have just been shut down all together. With MMO's it is just how it seems to work these days.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="PCgameruk"]

I brought this game at release 1 year ago and now its going free to play? Not only that i remember paying alot more than normal for a PC game due to development costs. I wouldn't be so pissed if facking EA/bioware give me something back. A couple monthssubscription time or credits. Anything to say i didn't waste £38.

PublicNuisance

I have friends that have had that happen to them 3-4 times. Other times the games have just been shut down all together. With MMO's it is just how it seems to work these days.

But they are giving u Cartel Credits if u purchased the game, doesn't anyone read anymore?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]I do think it's absolutely atrocious how people who bought the game are getting very little back, in this absolutely ugly - if not one of the ugliest examples of a free to play translation. Which, seeing how things have gone, doesn't surprise me.

What do you mean? I got 2500 Cartel Points from my purchase and more Cartel Points for each month I sub.

Which all balances out absolutely poorly to the money spent on Cartel points; as a subscription based model the game works. The cartel free to play fragmenting is absolutely bizzare, and classic EA atrocious; like all their free to play titles.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 wis3boi

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

[QUOTE="PCgameruk"]

FelipeInside

But they are giving u Cartel Credits if u purchased the game, doesn't anyone read anymore?

Yay, we can use coins on outfits we can already mostly get ingame. Most of the stuff in the store is useless crapola

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

wis3boi

Yay, we can use coins on outfits we can already mostly get ingame. Most of the stuff in the store is useless crapola

Outfits and Pets and other stuff isn't there? Don't all in-game stores have useless cosmetic stuff? Or else everyone complains it's Pay2Win.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] But they are giving u Cartel Credits if u purchased the game, doesn't anyone read anymore?FelipeInside

Outfits and Pets and other stuff isn't there? Don't all in-game stores have useless cosmetic stuff? Or else everyone complains it's Pay2Win.

the point being swtor stuff is all useless to a subscriber basically. LotrO is filled with cosmetics in the shop, but they dont have the same look as stuff you get through normal gameplay, plus they have dungeons and expansions in there too for lotro

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

the point being swtor stuff is all useless to a subscriber basically. LotrO is filled with cosmetics in the shop, but they dont have the same look as stuff you get through normal gameplay, plus they have dungeons and expansions in there too for lotro

They have expansions and dungeons in this store too, can't u unlock things with Cartel Points for example? Sorry if I don't understand the point here, it's evading me.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Outfits and Pets and other stuff isn't there? Don't all in-game stores have useless cosmetic stuff? Or else everyone complains it's Pay2Win.FelipeInside

They have expansions and dungeons in this store too, can't u unlock things with Cartel Points for example? Sorry if I don't understand the point here, it's evading me.

cartel coins unlock armor sets that are adaptive copies of sets already in the game, and dumb lockboxes with silly loot in them. If you don't subscribe, you can buy 'features' like toggle helmet with coins. From playing since release up until the end of the summer, with all my coins I could afford the toggle helmet button and the uniform color toggle button. A suit for armor was 3 months worth of sub coins alone. And the only way to get more coins is with subbing or buying coin packs.

With lotro, i could earn them with achievements, and I used them to unlock the entire map's quest system, two expansions (one expansion I bought hard copy because it was rare, had bonus items, and I like to support good developers), a bunch of outfits that I cannot get through normal gameplay, a mount, about 8 skirmish packs, a few dungeons, and some roleplay emotes....all with achievements. I wasn't bombarded everywhere on my screen like swtor to "Buy this now!" At least LotrO has the courtesy of giving me the full UI without paying for anything