Any Microsoft games you are buying this year ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46687 Posts

There are a lot of upcoming Microsoft games for PC.

There's Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 2, Recore and early next year we are getting Halo Wars 2. Looks like MS is back to publishing great games on PC for real this time.

But there's also some questionable stuff that remains: The only way to purchase these games, is through the MS store. On the plus side you are getting both Xbone and PC in one nice package, on the down side I really dislike there is no competition, the price is too high and that there is no option for a boxed retail PC release.

Again this is very questionable because if I want to buy a Steam/origin/uplay game I can just buy it from any place I'd want besides steam/origin/uplay... If I want to buy a Xbone game I can buy a disc version and get a cheaper price than the one offered on Xbox.com.

Then there is the rocky start with Gears of War Ultimate Edition and Quantum Break, which didn't run great. So we can only hope that Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 will run way better... and if they do they will certainly be benchmarks. On the bright side the launches of Killer Instinct and Forza 6 Apex on PC have been way more succesful.

So what about you ? Are you buying any Microsoft published games in the forseeable future ?

Or is there something that is keeping you from buying them ?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10592 Posts

If the reviews for ReCore and Forza Horizon 3 are good, then yeah, I'll consider holding my nose to UWP and buy them. Screw the rest.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 R4gn4r0k  Online

Forza Horizon 3 looks really good, I loved Forza Horizon 2 so I have high hopes for this. Also, PC doesn't have many racing games so getting an exclusive like Forza Horizon 2 is very nice.

I'm just wondering if many people are willing to bite the bullet and jump on board the MS ecosystem, for all its good and its bad.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Forza Horizon 3 and might be Halo

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Forza Horizon 3 has the halo warthog

I'm getting street fighter 5 when my new pc is built its my favorite modern game and am going to try out wow legion as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

I'm not exactly against the MS store, but it's support has been garbo it seems. I think once MS gets out of this transitional phase they are in where they want PC/Xbone to be the same system, but they still want them separate, then I'll be more inclined to support their games on PC. As for now, I'll hope that at least Recore hits Steam sometime although it looks iffy. I would also love to play the Gears of War games, but I'd love if the whole series was on PC.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7719 Posts

Maybe Recore, Scalebound is what I find the most interesting as I dig all the big Platinium games but that's later.

Never been Forza/Halo/Gears fan, actually don't even own a single one(own x360), played through first gears once at friends house on co-op but that's it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online

@beardmad said:

I'm not exactly against the MS store, but it's support has been garbo it seems. I think once MS gets out of this transitional phase they are in where they want PC/Xbone to be the same system, but they still want them separate, then I'll be more inclined to support their games on PC. As for now, I'll hope that at least Recore hits Steam sometime although it looks iffy. I would also love to play the Gears of War games, but I'd love if the whole series was on PC.

It's unsure if any of these games will ever hit steam.

QB is coming to steam soon, and that looked like a MS store exclusive for a long time too. But since Forza Horizon and Gears of War 4 have cross play with Xbone, I doubt they can come to steam...

Still I don't get how MS isn't providing PC gamers with options. You can't buy it any other online stores, and you can't buy a disc version in any stores.

@howmakewood said:

Maybe Recore, Scalebound is what I find the most interesting as I dig all the big Platinium games but that's later.

Never been Forza/Halo/Gears fan, actually don't even own a single one(own x360), played through first gears once at friends house on co-op but that's it.

Recore and Scalebound are looking good indeed ! But for those two games I'll definitely wait for reviews to come in.

Gears of War 1 was a lot of fun in co-op. Certainly one of the best titles on 360.

Halo is a very enjoyable shooter, the combat has a very nice flow to it. Played some co-op for that too, never really played the multiplayer.

I also haven't played Forza that much. But Forza Horizon is just a bit more arcady, and definitely my type of racer.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14834 Posts

Nope.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#10  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17934 Posts

I will probably buy most of them. MS publishes some good games.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so far i got gears ultimate and killer instinct...

i will get all 3....forza horizon3, gears 4 and recore.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

For PC and if you got to use Microsoft store then non.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k  Online

@BassMan said:

Yeah they do, so it's great they are publishing on PC again. And it looks like every single Xbox game will come to PC (incl. the next Halo and Forza)

But seeing as how they are only just back to PC gaming, they still have a long way to go. I for one don't feel like I'm getting any options where to buy my games, and am forced to pay 70 euro to MS if I want to play Forza Horizon 3 on PC. I can't buy a disc version if I want, and I can't buy from any other store than theirs. Than there is the fact that your games are locked to MS store and that has its problems as well.

Yes, I'd love to buy Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War, Halo Wars, ... but I don't think MS is there just yet and I'll wait it out.

@skipper847 said:

All of them will use the MS store.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

none

If it's not on steam or origin i refuse to buy it.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

Yeah they do, so it's great they are publishing on PC again. And it looks like every single Xbox game will come to PC (incl. the next Halo and Forza)

But seeing as how they are only just back to PC gaming, they still have a long way to go. I for one don't feel like I'm getting any options where to buy my games, and am forced to pay 70 euro to MS if I want to play Forza Horizon 3 on PC. I can't buy a disc version if I want, and I can't buy from any other store than theirs. Than there is the fact that your games are locked to MS store and that has its problems as well.

Yes, I'd love to buy Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War, Halo Wars, ... but I don't think MS is there just yet and I'll wait it out.

@skipper847 said:

All of them will use the MS store.

I will wait for steam like QB did. They said that was MS store only then what happened. :P

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11699 Posts

Forza Horizon 3, if it supports 21:9 resolutions.

And Gears 4 - Day One.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#17 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Quantum Break is finally coming out on platforms other than the Microsoft App Store. Altough, to be fair, i have downloaded a few titles from the Store and found it an enjoyable experience. The problem lies in the facts. Microsoft ran a Store on PC for the last ten years : Games For Windows. I have made purchases on it. The service has been discontinued.

Microsoft has a tendency to let go of things that are not Windows or Office. I'd rather wait another year or two and see if it solidifies. Crossing my fingers...

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

gears of war series