This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Hi, I bought CS GO yesterday, and I suck at it. If anybody that is decent at it, can give me some tips. I would love to play the game but it angers me because I'm terrible at it. Anyone wanna help me?:)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Everyone starts off like this. When I first tried COD MP, I always finished last. These days I'm always near the top of the table. Just practice and you will improve. You also have chosen one of the most competitive FPS on the market. Most people that play CS are pretty good at it.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wolfetan
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Everyone starts off like this. When I first tried COD MP, I always finished last. These days I'm always near the top of the table. Just practice and you will improve. You also have chosen one of the most competitive FPS on the market. Most people that play CS are pretty good at it.

Gotcha, thats what I was thinking, but wasn't sure if there were some helpful tips out there. Thanks!
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

If u aim it works.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wolfetan

If u aim it works.

alan_carter
Your funny.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
use headphones and listen for footsteps, try to quickly identify the "encounter" spots. That is the spots where the two teams will meet from their respective spawns. Just watch your teammates get into more defensive positions. Flash is extremely useful but don't use it predictably. A blind enemy is an easy kill. Follow good players, do not block them, stand a bit away from them so they can move back into cover. Watch what they do, back them up with cover fire. Chances are you might get a few kills or at least help them get kills. When there are few players or most of the players are dead, use walk. If the enemy can't hear you you gain a good chance of killing them by surprise. I would stick to a few weapons at start and get to learn their strengths rather than swapping around too much.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Everyone starts off like this. When I first tried COD MP, I always finished last. These days I'm always near the top of the table. Just practice and you will improve. You also have chosen one of the most competitive FPS on the market. Most people that play CS are pretty good at it. FelipeInside

I'm pretty awful at Black Ops 2, i've been playing it for a few days and If I don't finish last i'm pretty low.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Everyone starts off like this. When I first tried COD MP, I always finished last. These days I'm always near the top of the table. Just practice and you will improve. You also have chosen one of the most competitive FPS on the market. Most people that play CS are pretty good at it. HyperWarlock

I'm pretty awful at Black Ops 2, i've been playing it for a few days and If I don't finish last i'm pretty low.

A few days doesn't make you better, it takes longer than that. I played COD4 for months before I started playing better.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wolfetan
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]use headphones and listen for footsteps, try to quickly identify the "encounter" spots. That is the spots where the two teams will meet from their respective spawns. Just watch your teammates get into more defensive positions. Flash is extremely useful but don't use it predictably. A blind enemy is an easy kill. Follow good players, do not block them, stand a bit away from them so they can move back into cover. Watch what they do, back them up with cover fire. Chances are you might get a few kills or at least help them get kills. When there are few players or most of the players are dead, use walk. If the enemy can't hear you you gain a good chance of killing them by surprise. I would stick to a few weapons at start and get to learn their strengths rather than swapping around too much.

Thanks, man!