any good 2d rpg or strategy games for lan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Torgand90 (25 posts) -
the topic says it all my brother has this really good computer but the only problem is his graphic card it weirdly doesnt support any 3d effects at all:S so i need to know any good 2d rpg or 2d strategy games:)

I know some and that is heroes of might and magic 3, age of empires 1-2. cossacks 1 and civilization 1-2.
#2 Posted by vash47 (2171 posts) -
Starcraft.
#3 Posted by Hells_rebelion (2957 posts) -
the topic says it all my brother has this really good computer but the only problem is his graphic card it weirdly doesnt support any 3d effects at all:S so i need to know any good 2d rpg or 2d strategy games:)

I know some and that is heroes of might and magic 3, age of empires 1-2. cossacks 1 and civilization 1-2.Torgand90
lol a good computer/can't support graphics aren't something you say in the same sentence. Anyways Starcraft.....nuff said oh and Stronghold...
#4 Posted by Ein-7919 (3490 posts) -
  • Worms series (except for 3D)
  • Baldur's Gate series
  • Icewind Dale series
  • Freedom Force series (it'll be 3D, but it should be mostly okay...especially the first game)
  • Diablo series
  • Warcraft series (especially 2)
  • Red Alert 2
  • Dungeon Siege
  • Total Annihilation
  • Homeworld 1
#5 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
Starcraft.vash47
This.
#6 Posted by Ein-7919 (3490 posts) -
Oops...I totally forgot to include Rise of Nations with the Thrones and Patriots expansion.
#7 Posted by chesterocks7 (1572 posts) -
Starcraft for RTS, Baldur's Gate for RPG, Doom for FPS, those'll keep you busy til you can get an upgrade.
#8 Posted by MasterYevon (6703 posts) -

Nox, Nox, Nox.

It's 3D, but reaaaaally reaaaaally simple graphics. It's "3D" in the same sense that Diablo 3 is "3D". Any comp puchased since 1998 or so can run it for sure. Very good game, a bit old now so good luck finding it... But if you do, it's easily one of the best RPG's I've played online, on par with Diablo 3 IMO. There's also a great campaign to go through with great replayability (3 completely different classes, each with its own start/approach to the campaign and story) - never played it on LAN but I'd bet a lot that it makes a great LAN game.

#9 Posted by Ein-7919 (3490 posts) -

Nox, Nox, Nox.

It's 3D, but reaaaaally reaaaaally simple graphics. It's "3D" in the same sense that Diablo 3 is "3D". Any comp puchased since 1998 or so can run it for sure. Very good game, a bit old now so good luck finding it... But if you do, it's easily one of the best RPG's I've played online, on par with Diablo 3 IMO. There's also a great campaign to go through with great replayability (3 completely different classes, each with its own start/approach to the campaign and story) - never played it on LAN but I'd bet a lot that it makes a great LAN game.

MasterYevon

^^^^^

Listen to this person...he's been to the future and seen what Diablo 3 can run on!

...oh, wait...or were you talking about Diablo 2?

#10 Posted by Torgand90 (25 posts) -
isnt diablo 2 in 3d?
#11 Posted by Torgand90 (25 posts) -
rise of nations didnt work :/
#12 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
isnt diablo 2 in 3d?Torgand90
It's 2D game.
#13 Posted by Skeptomania (8104 posts) -
I think the Heroes of Might and Magic was 2d through the 3rd game. Heroes 2 and 3 are real good if you have hours of time to play them. They are very time consuming.
#14 Posted by zomglolcats (4335 posts) -

[QUOTE="Torgand90"]isnt diablo 2 in 3d?thusaha
It's 2D game.

2D isometric with a few 3D things thrown in (it does make use of Direct 3D).

#15 Posted by marriage0 (1735 posts) -
Starcraft is insane fun over lan, i would recommend that
#16 Posted by zanta77 (132 posts) -

fallout 2 is good

#17 Posted by Ein-7919 (3490 posts) -

fallout 2 is good

zanta77

Two problems with this post:

1. Fallout 2 is NOT playable over LAN
  2. This thread is 8 months old
#18 Posted by zanta77 (132 posts) -

its not 8 months old now :P