Any f***ing things to do on Mac?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jamiehood
Member since 2017 • 36 Posts

I'm getting Windows soon, but it seems so long to wait. My question: like the title, are there any f***ing things to do on Mac that are legitimately worthwhile? So far, the internet has been useless. I'm bored out of my mind on Mac, and I feel like I will go mad and pull out my hair from how little there is to do on Mac. I'M JUST LOOKING FOR SOME FREAKING FUN! IS THAT REALLY SO MUCH TO ASK?

COMMENT ANYTHING THAT WILL RID ME OF MY BOREDOM, MENTAL AND FUN ISSUES WITH MAC. THIS COMPUTER IS A PIECE OF JUNK IF IT CAN'T EVEN GIVE ME FUN.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17763 Posts

Ummmm...... you can watch streams of people playing games on Windows. LOL

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jamiehood

@BassMan I really am not interested, I want something fun for myself, preferably not videos

ChasinTheTrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChasinTheTrane
Member since 2017 • 63 Posts

Use Google dude! Here is the first link I found when I searched "games for mac" that shows 135 of the best Mac games according to Macworld. I'd be shocked if you didn't find a few you like.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7201 Posts

gog.com, steam, and humble store all have mac games. Nothing compared to the Windows selection, but still some good stuff to pick from.

Also, most macs come with Garage Band if you want to get into writing music.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Play some games and shop for PCs :-P

As others said, there are in fact many good games with Mac ports. Not great long-term, but should get you through the next few days while Newegg gets your PC in the mail

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@jamiehood said:

Whatever. MAC IS SHIT, I HATE IT. SCREW MAC I FUCKING WANT SOMETHING FUN TO DO, BUT NOOOO, MAC CAN'T HAVE ANY FUN SHIT. GIVE ME SOME FUN SHIT!!!!!!! I AM BOREDDDDDDDD. MAC IS THE MOST BORING WORST THING EVER SCREW IT

You have issues dude.

Go outside, read a book, watch a movie, get a hobby.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: I don't have issues. I'm just irritated because after so long planning, I have to wait several days. I've already been bored for a very long time. The only real issue I have had in my life has been depression, but that's not super prominent now. I'm just really annoyed, because it seems like there's barely any good games for Mac while I'm waiting. After hours of watching YouTube you run out of ideas and are just plain bored

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@FelipeInside: I don't have issues. I'm just irritated because after so long planning, I have to wait several days. I've already been bored for a very long time. The only real issue I have had in my life has been depression, but that's not super prominent now. I'm just really annoyed, because it seems like there's barely any good games for Mac while I'm waiting. After hours of watching YouTube you run out of ideas and are just plain bored

And you really needed to SHOUT so many times to randoms on the internet because you are bored? You think that's a normal reaction? Like I said there are a thousand things to do that don't involve a computer. You only get bored if you make yourself bored.

Sad how the young generation these days can't live without technology.

And there are great games for Mac, I've given you the list on one of the other multiple threads you made for the same problem. You just want everything handed to you for free without moving a muscle.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

You don't know how to use Google and search out Mac-oriented gaming sites? There's plenty of games on Macs.

Despite the subforum title here, it's the wrong place to look for Mac games because most here are PC gamers.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Wait a minute are trying to tell me that you don't like mac.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

You could maybe spam shit to forums? No wait you tried that one.

Then there are about 5 games too. Look for them on Steam or GOG.

Dota 2 works on Mac. I have *cough*5000*cough* hours on it, so i'd know what to play on Mac. I honestly can't recommend diving into that one, though, especially if you have tendency for depression. The community is super toxic, and the teamplay is based on raging and blaming each other.

If you can deal with old-school RPG's (this one is actually new, but old-style) i would recommend Pillars Of Eternity. Really good game.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: The only reason I needed to shout is because I had already been looking for weeks to no hope. No one was being of any help, and I am just incredibly annoyed. Please don't speak in an offensive way to me, as I am only 14 years old. The depression comes from having recently lost my mother, and I would appreciate it if people would not speak negatively about me, because it only adds to my insecurity.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jamiehood

@jun_aka_pekto: Yes, I know how to use Google. I've looked at several hundred sites trying to find something actually good, but I haven't found anything

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jamiehood

@groowagon: Again, I tried before without all caps, cursing, or spamming, but really nothing happened. Thank you for the advice, though.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jamiehood

@skipper847: No, not entirely, even though it might come across as that way. Mac is a great platform, but more for work and school. That's why I can't wait to get Windows, because there simply aren't many games on Mac

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@FelipeInside: The only reason I needed to shout is because I had already been looking for weeks to no hope. No one was being of any help, and I am just incredibly annoyed. Please don't speak in an offensive way to me, as I am only 14 years old. The depression comes from having recently lost my mother, and I would appreciate it if people would not speak negatively about me, because it only adds to my insecurity.

We've all helped you here, I answered all your questions in your first post. No need to make multiple topics about the same subject and then make yet another one just swearing and shouting because you're frustrated for something so insignificant.

There are games for Mac but they are a limited selection compared to the games for Windows. Like many people have told you, either choose a Mac game you enjoy or get Windows.

jamiehood2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jamiehood2
Member since 2017 • 16 Posts

@FelipeInside: Sorry, I had to make a new account. People flagged my content, I got banned, and I'm sorry I went on a rage. I shouldn't have talked like that, I was just upset because there really aren't many good options for Mac, and there are a lot of things I have to change with my computer before I can get a vm. I don't want to stir up any trouble, because when people shoot back at me or insult me, and I get banned from any site, it makes me feel incredibly guilty and insecure. I continue to ask for no hate. I act rashly at times, but I am only human. Despite my age, and my current depression about my late mother, it is difficult to write no hate, my age, and current situation under every post online. I will be getting a vm soon, though, so I respect your request. I won't post any more topics, because I'm worried more people will get mad at me. I'd like to declare peace with everyone on this page. Even though I haven't found many Mac games that interest me personally, I'm sure certain people love them. I just don't want to start up an argument

Sick, Sad, and Sorry,

Yours,

James/Jamie

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

You can shop for a PC :)

jamiehood2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jamiehood2

@KHAndAnime: Thank you. I really appreciate your suggestion. I would, but I am getting a vm soon.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@jamiehood: Okay, I'm going to step in as a moderator.

First off, we are happy to have conversations with new and old users. We are a close-knit community here on Gamespot with many different boards. To control some of the chaos and madness that our boards see, we have some Rules that you should follow. Each board should have a stickied set of rules, and here is the PC/Mac/Linux Society Board's Rules. Follow these rules and guidelines before posting, which include refraining from excessive swearing, using all caps, or being aggressive towards users. If you continue down that path you will be moderated accordingly.

Also, patience is key. You say you are only human so we should please forgive you acting harshly, but many users entered into this thread already seeing an aggressive start. Cursing and using all caps in an opening post sets a low bar for the quality of responses and the thread. Please keep that in mind with future posts.

You are certainly welcome to PM me with additional questions. And as long as your posting habits are appropriate we welcome you to continue posting more topics and in other threads. After writing, ask yourself if someone else had wrote the post and directed it your way, would you be happy with that? That's all I'll say on the matter.

Now, as for the topic at hand...

Mac user here. I don't have a real concrete answer as I don't game on my Mac, strictly a console gamer, but I have looked at the STEAM store. Appeared to be many great games available for Mac there. I would recommend starting there, then checking the App store on your Mac. You should be able to find good content on your Mac there, even if the shiniest and newest games aren't all available.

jamiehood2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jamiehood2

@zassimick: I created an apology earlier, but I really think it was my stress and depression getting to me. I ask for mercy, as I am only 14, and as I mentioned, recently lost my mother. It is difficult for me when I feel attacked online, and this was what happened. I don't want any trouble, but I want people to accept my apology, because if they don't, I worry that the hateful language used against me are people's permanent feelings about me. After my apology is accepted, I will delete this forum topic, and possibly my entire account. Parts of my experience on this forum have been helpful, but a lot has been upsetting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#29  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Step 1. Go on Craigslist, Amazon, ebay etc, and list your mac for sale

Step 2: Use the money to start building a pc

Step 3: Have all that fun the Mac would not allow.

Step 4 (if steps 1-3 are not followed): Praise your Mom Jean Messiah Steve Jobs, Peace Be Unto Him

Ryan78134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Ryan78134
Member since 2014 • 218 Posts

I play Team Fortress 2 on a Macbook Pro. It runs the game pretty great, but using the touchpad to aim can be difficult so might have to invest in a mouse.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

Put Windows 10 on it and deal with the water mark in the corner until you buy a key?

Ryan78134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ryan78134
Member since 2014 • 218 Posts

@zassimick said:

Now, as for the topic at hand...

Mac user here. I don't have a real concrete answer as I don't game on my Mac, strictly a console gamer, but I have looked at the STEAM store. Appeared to be many great games available for Mac there. I would recommend starting there, then checking the App store on your Mac. You should be able to find good content on your Mac there, even if the shiniest and newest games aren't all available.

I second this. If you do a bit of research into the running requirements, you can run a fair selection of games from Steam on your Mac, as long as you don't mind delving into the classics/lower requirement games. It won't run AAA titles or high requirement games very well, if at all.

Check out:

Bioshock
Team Fortress 2
FTL (Faster than Light)
Crusader Kings II
Democracy 3

All of the above have been tested on my Macbook Pro, and apart from it getting hot, play perfectly and are good fun.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jun_aka_pekto
@jamiehood said:

@jun_aka_pekto: Yes, I know how to use Google. I've looked at several hundred sites trying to find something actually good, but I haven't found anything

I found a number of sites that feature Mac games within seconds. Plus, there is also Steam which has hundreds of Mac games. Even GoG has a number of Mac classic games that would be recognizable by Windows gamers.

jamiehood2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jamiehood2

@jun_aka_pekto: Ok, thanks for the suggestion

jamiehood2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jamiehood2

@ryan78134: I really meant my last few posts. As bad of an image that everyone has developed of me by now, those apologies really do come from the heart. I'm not going to use this forum much more, as certain people obviously don't know how to make someone with depression feel better, and instead excel at making them feel worse. I'll definitely check out your suggestions. I've heard a few things about some of them, and from what I can tell, they seem great. No one has come out and accepted my apology. That being said, they haven't said anything offensive since then, but it really would make me feel better if they did accept my apology. It's difficult for me when people say mean things to me, especially after I've informed them of how young I am, and all of my personal issues, including the loss of my wonderful mother. When I got upset over these things, I was banned. Like I said, it's difficult to write "no hate please" under every post online though. It might be easier if I didn't have to make a new account, though, because I was banned

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 skipper847

Well at least its been a couple of days not long to wait. I no how you feel wanting to let stuff of chest on here I've done the same.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#38  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2861 Posts

The propaganda from Apple always says you can't get "PC" viruses on your mac. I love it, obviously you can't get "PC" viruses lol. Enjoy your mac, you have given money to very honest company like Apple.

Mac's don't crash ever either according to those mac commericals, amazing systems these macintosh personal computing machines are.

I think you can play world of warcraft on a mac, so have fun playing a 2004 pc game.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

You are 14... try Google boobies and go from there!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FelipeInside

@Yams1980 said:

I think you can play world of warcraft on a mac, so have fun playing a 2004 pc game.

How little you know about Macs.

jamiehood2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jamiehood2

Has anyone accepted my apology? I don't want to feel so bad.. I'm sorry...please just say you accept it..

@FelipeInside, I'm especially sorry to you. I just don't want everyone to hate me,

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside

@jamiehood2 said:

Has anyone accepted my apology? I don't want to feel so bad.. I'm sorry...please just say you accept it..

@FelipeInside, I'm especially sorry to you. I just don't want everyone to hate me,

lol, no one hates you here, hate is a strong word, we don't even know you.

Of course apology accepted, don't take what happened so hard. If I can give you some advice though, don't worry too much about the little things, you will enjoy life more ;-)

zacbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zacbear
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts

@jamiehood2: Hi Jamiehood2 here's a list of 100 mac games "http://www.macgamerhq.com/guides/best-mac-games/".Now if you tell us the specs of your mac, we might be able to narrow it down a bit.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

You're using a MacBook? WTH wrong with you?!... Get a PC dude..

FenderKiller17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FenderKiller17
Member since 2017 • 122 Posts

Honestly, there is Minecraft. It's always good for me. I mainly use my MacBook Pro for graphic design / web design / video editing though. :D

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@Dogswithguns said:

You're using a MacBook? WTH wrong with you?!... Get a PC dude..

He can boot his MacBook into Windows via Bootcamp if he wants. Acts just like a Windows laptop. When he's done, boot back to OSX because some prefer the Finder way for productivity. Best of both worlds.

Loading Video...

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 skipper847

Sorry but every time I see this title I lol.

RelytGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RelytGaming
Member since 2017 • 8 Posts

Could watch this guy on the ol youtube

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points