Any decent NOT FREE Mmo's...yea thats right, i wanna pay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

twinkmanc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 twinkmanc
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
Anyone know of any good mmo's i need to pay for, ive played WoW but its not my thing. oh yea and i WANT to pay, i dont like guildwars or any of those free crappy games,i just find that those free ones arent really good quality and i cant get into them but ones you pay for are more in depth and i just find them more fun, im looking for a fun game i can get into with a nice community and that sort of stuff, anyone know any?
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Eve: Online
gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gamerchris810
Member since 2007 • 2372 Posts

WoW :P

Go back to it, i did and enjoyed it more the second time round.

ClearGel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ClearGel
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
ye...world of warcraft...i'm a veteran and i wish i could go back and time and stop me from selling my account
rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Eve: OnlineacidBURN1942

vangaurd is broken...it like a game that was released in alpha, eve is so old you will never catch up. he has already played wow. so i guess everquest is worth a try. you could try the tabula rasa beta.

twinkmanc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 twinkmanc
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
what about those few new ones coming out? i was looking into Warhammer online and i just discovered tabula rasa or something. do you do think that will be any good, or what about age of conan??
rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts
dont know you should post on http://mmorpg.com/ they have a nice community for MMOS
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I've played a lot of MMO's as well. Right now I'm playing LOTR online. It's not really like WoW at all. Maybe parts of the ingrediants are the same but the feel is completely differant. I'm playing it until Warhammer comes out and then I'll see how that is. If it's better I'll switch, if not I'll continue to play LOTR until I get bored with it. (also forgot, i've got my eye on Conan although I hate funcom).

Differances between WoW and LOTR in my opinion:

LOTR has:

Far better story, well that is to say that the story here is important where in WoW it never really is and then buy mid game it's non existant.

Far better community, this is the biggest differance to me that makes the game very good. It has far far less immature people.

Far less grinding, although there are still the same kill 20 wolves type of quest.

Graphics are a matter of taste, I sometimes like the over the top graphics of WoW. Other times I find the more toned down realistic graphics of LOTR fit the emmersiveness of the game more.

While I personally like both games, LOTR is way more laid back and I guess organically alive than wow is. WoW on the other hand is more alive with PC's because it's pretty much swarming with people everywhere.(Although a lot of them you kinda wish you didn't see).

nazokxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nazokxx
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
warhammer online is coming out, and so is tablusa rasa. both alot better then wow.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
EVE online, WoW
ArabSolja99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArabSolja99
Member since 2006 • 1630 Posts

just to clear something up

you do have to pay for GuildWars when you buy it. It is 50 dollars. But after, you dont have to pay, and it has all the great wonders of a monthly pay game

But whatevr you say bro..

If you are looking for a game that you want to pay monthly, I would say LOTR online, or runescape (ROFL JK)

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts

[QUOTE="acidBURN1942"]Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Eve: Onlinerob1101

vangaurd is broken...it like a game that was released in alpha, eve is so old you will never catch up. he has already played wow. so i guess everquest is worth a try. you could try the tabula rasa beta.

Vanguard was broken when it was released. Now its all fixed and gets better and better with each new update. Far more complex and rich with detail than WoW or any other MMO.
kaburan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 kaburan
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
Depends on what you're really after. You got the powerhouse of em all which is WoW, and you've got other options which I also suggest, Lord of the Rings Online. Theres a couple of runner ups coming out soon, the prematurely slated Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online and AOC for next year. Theres a bunch of others but These are going to be major contenders.
DanStepanik66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 DanStepanik66
Member since 2004 • 235 Posts
A few people i know seem to really enjoy ROSE online i didnt like it but theres a 7 day free trial but gotta pay after that.......and if you can wait i would definately check out warhammer i played the beta at a friends house(hate him for getting in) and it was really cool.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

It really does depend on what you're looking for.

City of Heroes/Villains: has the best character creation (not even debatable) and combat (my opinion) but it doesn't have loot per se which a lot of people for one reason or another seem to need. On the bright side CoX also doesn't have a lot of time sinks or downtime. Another potential problem with the game is it's pretty much all about combat and running mission which, if done solo, can be a little boring but in a group it's really a lot of fun. Crafting has also been added to the game recently if you're into that. CoX is also very casual. It's very easy to play for 30 minutes to an hour and actually accomplish something and have fun. The travel powers are pretty cool too and the community is generally great.

LotRO: is also fairly laid back. It has a great story and a good community. It's not a gear or grind dependant as some other games I won't mention. Turbine has also committed to bi-monthly updates and so far both patches have been really good. They are adding housing in the next patch sometime in October. It's a good casual game. It can also be played solo (mostly) but some of the "epic quests" do require a group. I don't have a problem with that dynamic but others might.

Vanguard: is getting better. I recently tried it again and, while it has come a long way, I still don't know if it's quite there yet. It does have tremendous potential but if that potential will ever be fully realized is anybody's guess.

EQ2: is a good solid game too. It has a lot of depth and a fair amount of classes to choose from. It's definitely not the same game it was when it was released. It is certainly worth taking a look at and considering.

I'm pretty sure all of the games I mentioned (except Vanguard) have free trials that you can play so you can find out which one is right for you. That's the best advice: download some trials and see which game fits best with your play-style.

Good luck and I hope you have fun in whatever game you choose.

Oh, and why do people keep saying WoW? I'm pretty sure (actually, no, I'm certain) the OP said they had tried WoW and didn't care for it. Why is that so difficult to understand or accept? It is possible to like MMORPG's and not like WoW.

blank_wave13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blank_wave13
Member since 2006 • 349 Posts
I would have to recommend City of Villains. It is the only MMO beside Guild Wars that I actually play and it is a lot of fun.
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
Wait for The Age of Conan or Marvel Universe Online if you want to pay...or possibly CoH/CoV if you enjoy superhero type games. But GW2 will be no monthly fee and be free roaming no instance just like all other MMO's....it will turn the MMO genre upside down.
Avatar image for Night_stalker01
Night_stalker01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Night_stalker01
Member since 2006 • 1037 Posts

Look up Aion: Tower of Eternity. It's coming out at the same time as Warhammer online and Age of Conan.

The game really does deserve more attention than it gets. It's just too bad NCsoft has no idea how to create a good market for their games, aside from spitting out "RICHARD GARRIOT RICHARD GARIOTT WE HAVE RICHARD GARIOTT". Anywho...

Here's why I think Aion will be the best MMO evah!

- Very fast-paced combat

- "twitch" skill system means skills must be activated after other skills and in a certain time period, meaning you'll no longer fall asleep fighting something. You always have to be on top of your game.

- Amazing graphics and battle animations. The combat looks really intense and the graphics are just beautiful (Uses the crytek graphics engine).

- WINGS! At level 10 you grow wings, and you can fly freely wherever you want. Not to mention you can perform aerial combat.

- Very little grinding. NCsoft has stated several times that there will not be a huge level grind, and has proven that by making th level cap 50 instead of 100 or whatever. They also said that just doing the quests and missions alone will get you to a pretty high level.

- An actual story. This is something far too many MMOs have tossed aside. Aion will have a main plot with missions and cutscenes to advance you through the story.

- Customization: You no longer get stuck with armor you think looks like crap, because you can wear any armor skin that's suitable for your job/level, while having the stats of the best armoryou can wear.

- You can solo easily, unlike games such as Lineage, Lineage 2, and Final Fantasy 11, meaning you don't have to LFG for an hour just to leve up.

I know i sound like an advertisement, but i really am excited about the game and hope you'll at least check it out. check out the vids on gametrailers.com to see it in action (keep in mind almost all the Aion videos were made when the game was in alpha stage, so that's the reason for the sub-par graphics and twitchy animations. It will all be fixed before release.)

Here's a vid you should check out: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21407.html

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

dont know you should post on http://mmorpg.com/ they have a nice community for MMOSrob1101

Do that. The guys there have played every MMO possible. Just tell what you like and they'll find the right MMO for you.

I'd recommend myself EVE/EQ2/LOTRO.

Tabula Rasa wont be good and I'm more interested in Age of Conan than WAR.

Revolution_DDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Revolution_DDM
Member since 2005 • 274 Posts

[QUOTE="rob1101"]dont know you should post on http://mmorpg.com/ they have a nice community for MMOSRK-Mara

Do that. The guys there have played every MMO possible. Just tell what you like and they'll find the right MMO for you.

I'd recommend myself EVE/EQ2/LOTRO.

Tabula Rasa wont be good and I'm more interested in Age of Conan than WAR.

agreed.