Any CM cosmos case users here that suffer from hot HDDs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Devon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Devon32
Member since 2007 • 1620 Posts

So I bought a Cosmos in the winter and now its summer and my HDDs aren't looking too happy with a 43-50 C temperture. Do any Cosmos users experiencing from the same issue now that I have a second look at my HDD case they do look very isolated for hotness to get away.Also card is getting abit hotter up to 62 C on games, but don't think that's too bad for a graphics card.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

While I don't have a Cosmos, I remember reading that hot HDDs were an issue. (One reason I don't have a cosmos actually.) CoolerMaster fixed the problem in the Cosmos S. Best of luck to you.

titanium_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 titanium_basic
Member since 2003 • 698 Posts

I had the cosmos 1000 case. If you put a 120 mm fan over the cage area at the top it does a good job at cooling the Hd's

iliatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iliatay
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts

So I bought a Cosmos in the winter and now its summer and my HDDs aren't looking too happy with a 43-50 C temperture. Do any Cosmos users experiencing from the same issue now that I have a second look at my HDD case they do look very isolated for hotness to get away.Also card is getting abit hotter up to 62 C on games, but don't think that's too bad for a graphics card.

Devon32
I read some people fixed that problem by putting a fan above th hdd. You may have to mod your case though.
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Nope not me maybe cause of the room temp you got sometimes you gotta have good airflow like try replacing the stock fans with really well made aftermarket fans like Noctua etc to bring down temps.
Devon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Devon32
Member since 2007 • 1620 Posts

Yeah, thanks guys. I'm going to try to find a fan and somehow mod it into my case above the box and see if it helps if not I think I may have to buy a 3.25 to 5.25 dock to install my HDDs where the CD drive is suppose to be since its not isolated.

MaxGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MaxGamer
Member since 2002 • 16500 Posts

I have the Cosmos S and I haven't been experiencing problems.