AMD tries to fight the consoles with an odd solution...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sinotek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sinotek
Member since 2008 • 156 Posts

Well, I'm really not sure if it was posted on the forums before, so sorry if it has but anyways...

AMD came up with an odd idea to fight the consoles with an "If you can't beat'em, join'em" attitude. They will release "AMD Game Ready" PC's that promise that every game will work perfect on them. So basicly it's a console with a keyboard and mouse that you can't really upgrade.

Now, it's both good and bad imo. It's bad because... well that's like taking 1 of the strongest espects in PC away. PC was always the leader in power and graphic gaming. Taking this away will basicly make it just another console. And who will be in charge of it? Xbox360 has microsot to get games for their console. This Console PC will have no one to get exlucive games for it.

But on the other hand it's good for the people who are the console fanboys. That way they won't need to bother with upgrades and stuff like that and this solution may increase the buys of PC and PC games.

My suggestion is this - Get all the games developed for this console PC and for the normal PC. Don't drop the upgradable PC's but keep this console PC going. That way it'll work best. It'll get more people who hate these upgrades into the PC industry. If the game dev's will still allow stronger PC's to have better graphics it'll work pretty well.

Tell me what you think.

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
seems like just a sticker they will slap on so the PC illiterate will know that it can play games....
swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 swehunt
Member since 2008 • 3637 Posts

There are refrigerators that have TV and internet, there are Toilets with radio and TV acces, when do we see a TV that have a inbuilt micro-wave-uven?

I think it's stupid, on a computer you can do all kinds of stuff, today consoles do many things also, why not keap the TV-games and PC seperate?

PC is never gonna die out, hardware evolve so fast we need to have a possibility to upgrade, consoles will not be able to do that in the same way PC does.

For ex. A year ago 8800GTX was a monster card today 9800gx2 is, next year maybe there is a card twice as fast as an 9800gx2, consoles will not be able to keap up with the fast hardware evolve.

Maybe this is why AMD want to get a foot in that market, things dont have to be top-notch, consoles are great anyway.

MajinFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MajinFix
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts

Well, I'm really not sure if it was posted on the forums before, so sorry if it has but anyways...

AMD came up with an odd idea to fight the consoles with an "If you can't beat'em, join'em" attitude. They will release "AMD Game Ready" PC's that promise that every game will work perfect on them. So basicly it's a console with a keyboard and mouse that you can't really upgrade.

Now, it's both good and bad imo. It's bad because... well that's like taking 1 of the strongest espects in PC away. PC was always the leader in power and graphic gaming. Taking this away will basicly make it just another console. And who will be in charge of it? Xbox360 has microsot to get games for their console. This Console PC will have no one to get exlucive games for it.

But on the other hand it's good for the people who are the console fanboys. That way they won't need to bother with upgrades and stuff like that and this solution may increase the buys of PC and PC games.

My suggestion is this - Get all the games developed for this console PC and for the normal PC. Don't drop the upgradable PC's but keep this console PC going. That way it'll work best. It'll get more people who hate these upgrades into the PC industry. If the game dev's will still allow stronger PC's to have better graphics it'll work pretty well.

Tell me what you think.

Sinotek

you really have great immagination

"AMD game" is a name for a platform like intel's "centrino" for notebooks, it is used for approving the gaming expirience you will have on your machine it looks something like this

Source

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts

Tell me what you think.

Sinotek
It's just another sticker.