This topic is locked from further discussion.

elfboy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 elfboy69
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts
I have an AMD +2800 overclocked to 1.8 and on the box of pc games they are always talking about p4 when the talke about specs.I whant to know if i had a p4 how haw may GHz would it be.and/or is there a web site where i can see these kind of things.thanks
Whermacht02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Whermacht02
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

If you want to check if your pc will be able to play a game, you can try www.systemrequerimentslab.com

On the other hand, I think that AMD can achieve the same performance as a P4 processor but with less speed (for instance, I have a Sempron 1.6GHz, and after running some benchmarks, It showed that I have almost the same performance as a P4 at 1.8 ghz...)

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
2800+ is AMD's way of saying that is has the same performance as a P4 2.8ghz. 5500+ is P4 5.5ghz and so on.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
Ehhh right now I have a P4 3Ghz and it's really taking it's toll in games these days.  I has lots of trouble with AI.
Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts
I have an AMD +2800 overclocked to 1.8 and on the box of pc games they are always talking about p4 when the talke about specs.I whant to know if i had a p4 how haw may GHz would it be.and/or is there a web site where i can see these kind of things.thankselfboy69
Now is a great time to upgrade the whole CPU/Motherboard/RAM combo. Maybe you have a friend who can help you with this stuff? P4's are getting old now and even the "good" P4s are not too much better than your processor. Also, you may want to overclock your processor for a small performance boost. If you do this, read up (Google) first.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="elfboy69"]I have an AMD +2800 overclocked to 1.8 and on the box of pc games they are always talking about p4 when the talke about specs.I whant to know if i had a p4 how haw may GHz would it be.and/or is there a web site where i can see these kind of things.thanksJack_Summersby
Now is a great time to upgrade the whole CPU/Motherboard/RAM combo. Maybe you have a friend who can help you with this stuff? P4's are getting old now and even the "good" P4s are not too much better than your processor. Also, you may want to overclock your processor for a small performance boost. If you do this, read up (Google) first.

The relativly new dual cores that pentium released months back are the biggest bang for the buck.  Just do searchs online for buyer guides, etc etc.   In the end it doesn't really matter the highest performance increase form processor alone is about 10fps, though this may seem huge it isn't when its in the 140fps range..   For gaming having a chip that costs $600-$1000 is completely unnecesary and unneeded when you can get chips for far cheaper with the same technology with alittle less performance to games.