AMD & Raptr release Gaming Evolved Control Center.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -

Hate mucking around in PC game graphics menus? NVIDIA's got an app for that -- and now, AMD does too. The chipmaker has teamed up with Raptr, a video game-focused social network, to launch Gaming Evolved: a suite that offers tools for chat, takes screenshots and even tweaks game settings for better performance.

http://raptr.com/amd

Source

Avatar image for The_Animator420
#2 Edited by The_Animator420 (262 posts) -

So its a combo of the Raptr desktop app and Nvidia's GeForce Experience?

Seems like an interesting idea. Is it only for AMD GPU's?

#3 Edited by darksusperia (6945 posts) -

@The_Animator420: yep.

Its their answer for the geforce experience basically.

I think relying on the raptr community for the best configuration for the game based on specs comparitive may end up with a better result then the GeForce Ex.

#4 Posted by nutcrackr (13029 posts) -

Only tried it on bioshock infinite so far and it changed my resolution to 720p >_<

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#5 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -

I've been using Raptr for many years. But this whole Geforce experience/Evolved thing seems just pointless.

#6 Posted by Kh1ndjal (2748 posts) -

it could be really good for certain games, like the most popular stuff like league of legends. but it will only be as useful as how its users use it.

#7 Edited by PernicioEnigma (5882 posts) -

Sounds great for people who don't know what they're doing.

#8 Posted by kitty (115327 posts) -

I dl'ed it recently, I only have 1 game that works with it lol.

#9 Posted by zanelli (1063 posts) -

Out of the several hundred major titles I have installed, it had support for three of them, and it didn't seem to work at all with them.

#10 Posted by PsyChronic (213 posts) -

Raptr has been around for a while and I have enjoyed using it to track the games I play. So, I tried using the Gaming Evolved Control Center to optimize settings for Wow, Borderlands 2, Diablo 3, Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon, & DOTA 2 - but, it didn't improve anything at all. In fact, it decreased performance in each case : /

This may be a result of me using a Crossfire setup, which combines 2 AMD cards...or maybe they just need time to iron out the kinks?

#11 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -

it's beta..