AMD is now worth more than Intel for the first time in 50+ Years. Intel May Shutdown its Gaming GPU division

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

Historic moment in PC Gaming History. AMD is now worth more than Intel after Intel's last earning call which tanked Intel's value.

As of today AMD is worth 158.4 Billion. Intel is worth 146.1 Billion. AMD now has technological leadership in Gaming CPUs and has a gap the size of the Grand Canyon when comparing Intel's latest foray into Gaming GPUs vs AMD's Gaming GPUs.

As Gamers Nexus points out their Intel Gaming GPU drivers are a joke.

I feel like Karma is coming to bite intel in the a** for the 10+ years Intel was bribing PC Makers not to use AMD CPUs in their PCs going back to the Pentium 4 days and prior. Which resulted in billions of dollars in sales for AMD.

Regardless as much as I hate to say it I really want Intel to succeed in the Gaming GPU space. High End Graphics Cards costing in the $1000+ range is getting ridiculous. AMD used to have the better price/performance (they still do in certain cards) but its as if they are following Nvidia with ridiculous prices for Gaming Graphics Cards. I was hoping Intel entering the arena we would get back to normal with high end graphics cards in the $500 --$700 range like it was 5 - 10 years ago.

I really hope Intel does succeed in their upcoming generation of GPUs and doesn't give up after round 1 of their GPUs coming out to consumers.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Intel's currently top end GPU is fine enough for me - it's a 300$ GPU which more or less at 3060 performance. Even if they don't beat AMD nore NVIDIA they do add a value to some competitive market - more GPUs at current times is better than paying 30-50% more of the MSRP.

Look at Xiaomi for example - when they've entered the smartphones market they didn't go and try to beat Apple or Samsung with best flagship 1000$ smartphone, they've focused on the low and mid tiers and conquered it, now they are able to compete with the high end tier.