Am I the only one who dosen like Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

c4fouru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 c4fouru
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Ok, so first off I do not want fan boys to attack me because I have heard it already, "you just don't get the game, if you don't like it don't play it, troll." This is just my opinion and I wanna know if anyone else feels this way. Ok, so im not new to mmorpgs, not by a long shot. I know the basic things to expect and how they operate. I will start with what IS great about the game to me. Graphics are beautiful for an mmo, they are gorgeous, no doubt. The final fantasy world brings back nostalgia like you wouldent believe, and coming from someone who has been around since the snes days of ff3 it is nice to hear such a achingly beautiful soundtrack. The job system is pretty cool and adds some depth....but that's where the good things end for me. What turned me off is as follows- There is little to no story line, I did give the game a solid five days waiting for the story to unfold. with very very little voice acting the reading takes you right back to a wow feeling.....which in 2013 is not good. the story is like this- One main mission that follows some kind of piss pour plot followed by nine missions that are fetch quest or other things that have nothing to do with an already directionless story simply to drag it out longer. Then you reach points where you cant even progress in the story because your not high enough level. Nothing takes you out of the game more than being unable to continue because your level is too low, so you must go do side quest or kill monsters to raise your level (which takes forever) just to continue. So aside from a voiceless acting, directionless storyline that stops you periodically you may be asking, Why play this game? Well I can tell you its not for the pvp side because....there is none, rumor is its coming in a patch but who knows. And don't get me started on the new FATE system, sure they randomly appear in the world but its usually a mess, imagine 25 players and life bars jumbled into one area leaving you no room to see much less be able to click on the one of 3 monsters. you just spam and spam and when its over you get a ton of exp leaving you wanting for a challenge. The enemies in the world are also as lifeless as can be, the world is populated by generic final fantasy monsters that stand still until you hit one, even then only the one you attacked will attack despite being in a group of other monsters. Or you can simply run directly through a mob and not one will touch you. Basicly there is no feel of real danger, you are handed victories...im serious. There is also a lack of anything that makes the game engaging at all, there are no waring factions, no conflict of nations, nothing that pits other players against you. your all buddies holding hands smiling and killing monsters, super powerful players just mobbing monsters leaves much to be desired. That feeling of wow or swtor when you spot a enemy player in a contested area and begin to fight is gone.... replaced by a "everyone wins" feel.... this game is basicly for little kids ages 7-16 who simply don't want a challenge or who hate losing. The so called "open world" is false advertising, example- With other mmos as soon as the opening scene is over you can take off, any direction you please, you can head to low level zones and kill monsters or follow the quest line. in FFARR you must join this guild and must do this or that before even getting the chance to leave the first screen.... not to mention having to be a certain level to leave the home city.... you are very, very, very restricted... sure the world looks huge...LOOKS, but its a very liner path you can follow, id even call them trails, even loading points separate small areas.... so you see a mountain afar that could hold treasure or enemies? too bad, cause you cant go there...... The only damn reason to play this game is to experiment with the job system.....which that is even pointless as all the caster classes are exactly the same...... I found myself bored to death spamming blizzard and fire with my black mage...... same crap with other classes just different spell animations and names. looking forward to epic spells like bolt 3 where lightning storms form and bolts burst out in a powerful explosion? well to bad cause youll get a little spark and that's your lightning....... just one example of many. hoping to see your summoner call fourth a giant beast to do your bidding? Well expect a tiny monster/pet....(think world of warcraft pet size.....) serious.... So between the fetch quest, kill x of this, bring x of that, the same mmo formula we have played forever, no voice acting on a non existing story and just flat out boring combat I honestly don't see why so many people are so excited over this game. I WAS SO BORED I deleted my character and am now pissed that I spent my labor day weekend on it...but hey you have to find out somehow. Does anyone else feel this way? I mean one quest had me giving cookies to kids.....Im clad in bad ass armor giving cookies out..... Im sure the typical fan boys will attack my spelling and grammar, its a typical response when someone has nothing good to say. but I said it and would like to see if there is one single soul who feels like I do because I feel like its me against the world!!!
DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts
Oh god...my eyes.....
Bieberfan147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bieberfan147
Member since 2012 • 106 Posts
Nah it's horrble game they could learn more from call of duty model
Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
Paragraphs please
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
jesus..my eyes
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

my corneas

l0ner_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 l0ner_1
Member since 2003 • 353 Posts

Ya didn't like it, move on. No point in posting this wall of text... 

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Holy wall of fvcking text. Dude learn how to type properly for christ sakes.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Holy mother of... Dat wall of text.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I feel like that's a product of a drunk rant. Nice wall of text. :P
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58463 Posts

I feel like that's a product of a drunk rant. Nice wall of text. :PElann2008

its actually quite impressive, isn't it?

I'd either give up on that wall by the should-be fourth paragraph, or feel too guilty to hit "submit".

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I feel like that's a product of a drunk rant. Nice wall of text. :Pmrbojangles25

its actually quite impressive, isn't it?

I'd either give up on that wall by the should-be fourth paragraph, or feel too guilty to hit "submit".

here here /thread and im going to go rotflmao now

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

A wild c4fouru has appeared

It used Wall of Text... it's super effective

Ricardomz fainted

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

Give him a break guys, he's already edited it twice. :lol:

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Give him a break guys, he's already edited it twice. :lol:

slimjimbadboy
lol... Yea, for all we know it was probably in paragraphs & GS's f***ed it up. Post editing seems to kill paragraphs. In any case, I haven't played the game. Honestly, I didn't even know there was a new FF game on PC. lol
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

.d

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

A Wall of Text hits you for 3,545,789 damage!

Op, I don't know why you don't like it because no one is going to read that...(no sane person anyway). But there are plenty who don't like it. It is just an MMO that happens to have some deeper elements than others and more than the usual carrots to chase. People love grinds for some reason. It is well done for what it is.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

Op, I don't know why you don't like it because no one is going to read that...(no sane person anyway). But there are plenty who don't like it. It is just an MMO that happens to have some deeper elements than others and more than the usual carrots to chase. People love grinds for some reason. It is well done for what it is.

vfibsux
Believe it or not I actually tried to read it and honestly I started to get dizzy around the fourth sentence...
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#19 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts
[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

FelipeInside
Believe it or not I actually tried to read it and honestly I started to get dizzy around the fourth sentence...

My mistake....it was not damage, it was crowd control.
Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

idontknowwhatyou'retalkingaboutmate.

c4fouru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 c4fouru
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I did edit it, actually when I posted it, it looked fine. Paragraphs and all. I have no idea why its still this way..... Sucks cause it takes away from what I was trying to say.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
I managed to read through it. TLDR version: 1) No PvP I like PvP. 2) Too easy... I clearly didn't play past level 30. 3) FATES and monsters are not hard. 4) only kids can like this game. yada yada. In other words another "MMORPG Veteran" that doesn't actually like MMORPGs. And there is voice acting, ok its not all, but are you REALLY complaining about READING? muppet.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]I managed to read through it. TLDR version: 1) No PvP I like PvP. 2) Too easy... I clearly didn't play past level 30. 3) FATES and monsters are not hard. 4) only kids can like this game. yada yada. In other words another "MMORPG Veteran" that doesn't actually like MMORPGs. And there is voice acting, ok its not all, but are you REALLY complaining about READING? muppet.

I don't mind reading, but personally it looks a bit weird with them moving their mouths and no sound, lol. Also, I believe that a voice actor gives the character more realism, but I understand it's about budget as well.
Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

so4332wa.gif

Anyway, the answer to the question "Am I the only one who doesn't like [game X]?" is always going to be "No".

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

I did edit it, actually when I posted it, it looked fine. Paragraphs and all. I have no idea why its still this way..... Sucks cause it takes away from what I was trying to say.c4fouru

Yeah that happens to me sometimes, it deletes the formating or something when you post, pretty annoying. 

That being said I did read it.

A lot of what you said was accurate, FFXIV:RRA is a pretty generic MMORPG.

I don't really understand complaining that a PvE game (that didn't advertise PvP) doesn't have PvP. I do like PvP though and look foward to it being added in the future but I'm not holding my breath.

I also think it's pretty immature to say things like "this game is for X year olds."

So far it has been just as easy as any themepark MMO I've played. Most themepark MMO's are not to challenging untill you get into higher level raids and group quests. Mobs do agro to you when you get out of the starter areas. FATEs are just a cluster #$%@ and will be until the population starts to spread out more.

As for the world not opening I'd agree it is somewhat restrictive at the beginning, but compared to other themeparks it's not much different, they all hold your hand. Also a lot of themepark MMO's restrict content based on level when it comes to certain areas and story quests.

I honestly skip the cutscenes and conversations so I can't comment on the story.

It sucks you just waisted money on the game but it seems like you didn't really research it much before you got it, you seemed to expect more of a sandbox experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]I managed to read through it. TLDR version: 1) No PvP I like PvP. 2) Too easy... I clearly didn't play past level 30. 3) FATES and monsters are not hard. 4) only kids can like this game. yada yada. In other words another "MMORPG Veteran" that doesn't actually like MMORPGs. And there is voice acting, ok its not all, but are you REALLY complaining about READING? muppet.

I don't mind reading, but personally it looks a bit weird with them moving their mouths and no sound, lol. Also, I believe that a voice actor gives the character more realism, but I understand it's about budget as well.

I've heard that from a few people but i dont understand it.... it would look MUCH worse if the characters did not motion voice .... ALOT worse. many games do this.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]I managed to read through it. TLDR version: 1) No PvP I like PvP. 2) Too easy... I clearly didn't play past level 30. 3) FATES and monsters are not hard. 4) only kids can like this game. yada yada. In other words another "MMORPG Veteran" that doesn't actually like MMORPGs. And there is voice acting, ok its not all, but are you REALLY complaining about READING? muppet.

I've heard that from a few people but i dont understand it.... it would look MUCH worse if the characters did not motion voice .... ALOT worse. many games do this.

Yeah probably, I think WoW does it.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
yeah super not reading that.... and if you dont like it, i dont know what to tell you. the game is very well made, and easily one of the best MMOs on the market right now. maybe MMOs just arent for you.
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

Didn't read. Moved on.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

TLDR

And no, you're not the only person in the hundreds of thousands of people that tried this game not to like it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#31 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59267 Posts

Nope. Went back to Guild Wars 2. Game is still outdated.

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I don't mind reading, but personally it looks a bit weird with them moving their mouths and no sound, lol. Also, I believe that a voice actor gives the character more realism, but I understand it's about budget as well.

Yeah probably, I think WoW does it.

I think I saw an option somewhere in the settings to turn it off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Nope. Went back to Guild Wars 2. Game is still outdated.

uninspiredcup
Outdated but actually has structure and challenge and progression. Call me "old fashion" but new =I better.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Wow at least im just a horrible speller an there used to that..Man ill even use paragraphs lol...No one has changed mmorgps yet..Every one states that they have the next best thing..Im even sure elder scrolls will be the same ol thing..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

Wow at least im just a horrible speller an there used to that..Man ill even use paragraphs lol...No one has changed mmorgps yet..Every one states that they have the next best thing..Im even sure elder scrolls will be the same ol thing..

Gladestone1
No one I think CAN change a WHOLE MMO, but many have successfully changed parts of it to make it different and for different tastes, or else all of them would be a WoW clone which thankfully they are not.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#36 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
If only I had the first post reply, I would have used it as a reserve to format his essay.
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Dat wall!