Am I a bad person!? I don't enjoy TES,CNC,CoH... nothing!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SunnySimantov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 SunnySimantov
Member since 2005 • 784 Posts

This situation is simply abysmal. I finally got the budget to get a 8800GTS and finally I'm able to play any game I want, high quality. So I quickly got my hands on STALKER, Company of Heroes, Oblivion, C&C3 (all high rated games!!!), even CaesarIV (I loved pharaoh+C3)and maxed the settings in games I already had like Roller Coaster Tycoon 3+soaked, FIFA07...

So I played STALKER and finished it. That was a great game. I never knew I can love an OPEN fps so much. Then I went to Company of Heroes. As a WC3 retired-freak\addicted, I thought I'm gonna stick to this game forever. Well, after being excited in the first mission, I couldn't just pay attention to the game after that.
I tried playing Oblivion. The graphics were cool and I created my personal character (a tigerman!!) but it feels awawkwardwith the TAB control and everything. At first I was eager to get my character into a master-thief, but then I realized it will take me a long time and the enviorment is too big for me (I can handle games like Gothic 2's enviorments) so I stopped playing Oblivion too.

So after being dissapointed from these two games, I thought "maybe an editor's choice game like CNC3 will be the one for me". Once again I'm astonished from the graphics, the game is technically impressive and the effort it seems to be put in the game is amazing. I started kicking some NOD buts but it felt bland. Even when I was given the Ion Canon, which I wanted to see in action, I wasn't too excited. I played the pentagon mission but didn't enjoy it.

I missed the Caesar gaemplay so much, but when I started playing Caesar 4 it felt too clumsy, and quit after (once again) a couple of missions.

All I want is FIFA. FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA. Is something wrong with me?! I mean, how is it possible I don't enjoy "normal" games anymore? Why does my mouse always slide to the direction of the FIFA icon, missing the other games' icons, which are supposed to be much better? Maybe I need to get to WC back?!

By the way, I'm on summer vacation now so I don't have time problem. I have the whole time in the world, yet I can't sit and play games other than FIFA.

spec440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 spec440
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts

forget the FIFA games...

do yourself a favor and get your hands on pro evolution 6.

domke13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 domke13
Member since 2006 • 2891 Posts

No. Nothing is wrong whit you. I am about the same. All i play is CS:S. I have Oblvion, CoH and aalso CnC3, but i stoppet playing them all. Oblivion has cool gfx bu i just dont feel to play it. Also i played couple of missions in CoH and game started to be beoring. Same whit CnC3. At GDI i came to first cratia mission and than started whit NODs, which which i came to Ahmpton Roads mission. Only game i really play is CS:S. I cant get myself int buying game, cause i think that it will become boring again. I am waiting for new games like bioshock and crysis, or GRAW2, and quake wars, but they are far away. Dont know which game to pick. I am really boring. CS:S also become boring after couple of hours and then i dont know what to play. I go and play gran turismo 4 on PS2 and i got boring from that too.

Anyone has any recommendations what game should i get. Cause i have holidays too, and time to play games all day.

domke13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 domke13

forget the FIFA games...

do yourself a favor and get your hands on pro evolution 6.

spec440

:) Agreed. Myself i love Pro evo soccer 6. But i played it like 12 hours a day couple months ago, and even Pro evo became repetitive. Sadly. :(

SunnySimantov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SunnySimantov
Don't move the discussion to PES. I will get that game too eventually...
domke13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 domke13

Don't move the discussion to PES. I will get that game too eventually...SunnySimantov

Ok.

jimi_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 jimi_man
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts
Call of Duty 3 is pretty good, i got it when it came out and still play it, but i play all games for ages. But i did get bored of Crackdown and Test Drive Unlimited really quickly
Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mithrandir0x
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
All I want is FIFA. FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA. Is something wrong with me?! I mean, how is it possible I don't enjoy "normal" games anymore? Why does my mouse always slide to the direction of the FIFA icon, missing the other games' icons, which are supposed to be much better? Maybe I need to get to WC back?!

By the way, I'm on summer vacation now so I don't have time problem. I have the whole time in the world, yet I can't sit and play games other than FIFA.SunnySimantov

Yes, you're a bad kiddo.

JimmyLuong25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 JimmyLuong25
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts

Strange i have all 3 game that you metion and i love it those are great game i can't really understan why you can't enjoy it.Judging at your acc lv you must be an experience gamer maybe it because you play too many game and ending up feeling all the same.You say you like FIFA so probaly RTS or RPG game isn't for you i say why don't you try some sport game since you like FIFA maybe you will like other sport game too like Golf ,bastketball,racing etc.....(I'm don't play sport game so i can't really give you an name). Otherwise you can try some adventure game like indigo prophecy or dreamfall(i love both of them).You like Stalker as well right so i think you can try FEAR(maybe you already have that)or dark messiah(it maybe an newfresh experience) that all i can think for now

ali_kerem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 ali_kerem
Member since 2003 • 558 Posts

why dont you try some RPG ? except Elder Scrolls series. because RPGs are more story based instead so you may enjoy more. but it differs among games. Baldur's Gate, NeverWinterNights etc etc type RPGs are giving all control to you so its slower on playing, story advancing because whatever you do affects something and YOU should explore, YOU should find everything. but there are RPGs that points where you should go where you should do, so story is faster but you have less freedom. in this type of RPGs, characters are stronger because they are defined, so you play it like a fable ( these are mostly console RPGs though ). personally i like Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on pc.

there is a game named Fable which lets you to do anything but its story is so bad ( it has all cliche stories in one package ) and character aging is so fast, which made me hate it. also it has so strong magics that makes the game so easy and uninteresting. but if you like to be giant who crush ants without any effort you may like it. its fair game i think.

aandrew610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aandrew610
Member since 2007 • 749 Posts

i got company of heroes too and i never played it haha ill have to try it sometime

SunnySimantov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SunnySimantov

Strange i have all 3 game that you metion and i love it those are great game i can't really understan why you can't enjoy it.Judging at your acc lv you must be an experience gamer maybe it because you play too many game and ending up feeling all the same.You say you like FIFA so probaly RTS or RPG game isn't for you i say why don't you try some sport game since you like FIFA maybe you will like other sport game too like Golf ,bastketball,racing etc.....(I'm don't play sport game so i can't really give you an name). Otherwise you can try some adventure game like indigo prophecy or dreamfall(i love both of them).You like Stalker as well right so i think you can try FEAR(maybe you already have that)or dark messiah(it maybe an newfresh experience) that all i can think for now

JimmyLuong25

I never really liked sports games. I wanted to try FIFA because I love the concept of "control" in games, and FIFA has that too.
Because I never had the right PC to play games, always stuck with OB GPU, I never had the chance to play games. I played The Sims 2 till death, had NFS every year,experiencedonline with WC3, but I never ever played the real games I dreamed of. Now I can, can with multipile meanings: both the time and the right computer to play it.

So like I said, I jumped on these high-reputation games (remember that before that, I had FIFA07 which had low frame rate, RCT3 and worms world party -.-) and all except STALKER had me dissapointed, somehow.

I'll try dark messiah and FEAR, hopefully that will do the trick for me.

Error_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Error_88
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts
i've been very much the same though alately. the only game i'm not completely bored of at the moment is rs: vegas, and i have something from every genre. stalker, oblivion, both nwn, coh, aoe3, everything! BORED!
i think i just need more time to myself to get into them really... :(