All my games have micro stutter ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alessandro1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Alessandro1001
Member since 2010 • 501 Posts
My problems is. I have micro stutter in all my games , when I move the camera , but the fps stuck in 60 my pc Windows 7 64 bit Motherboard asus rampage 3 680 gtx I7 990x processor ssd 240 gb 8gb ram Power supply 750 crosair I'm using xbxo360 controllar , I try using defferent drivers , even defferent gpu , I try change my rams , I try another gpu (6990) I try another monitor I format my pc and install new windows and install all windows update then I install 680 driver , microsoft security Essential antivirus because maybe the older antivirus (kaspersky) have stutter problems And I install the steam Then I download only one game , and still micro stutter The big surprise , my brother give his new pc , I try it in my home , after 2 days , I have the same problems . So , why that , it something related to Internet connection like router or it is from electricity . Any solution ?? Please I tired from this micro stutter ?
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
Since it seems like you've exhausted all the other possibilities, maybe its your monitor? Are you noticing weird behavior outside of games as well? I get microstutter with the newest Nvidia drivers v. 310.90, but everything is fine for me on 306.97. But you said you tried an AMD card as well and had the same issue. Perhaps some sort of power supply issue? Is there any way you can try a different outlet or something? Outside of that I have no clue, sorry.
Phelaidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Phelaidar
Member since 2005 • 1533 Posts
Do you have some kind of overclock? Also, my AMD processor used to give me some stutter when I had a setting that made it run at slower clock speeds when idle turned on in the motherboard's BIOS. Don't know if i7 has that.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Try reformatting raw, installing only the service pack updates then the drivers and running a benchmark. If it stutters then, it's a hardware issue if it isn't a conflicting driver issue. I've found the intel drivers can be hit or miss in how it scales CPU usage. Also check power saving settings. Have you tried playing without a network connection? It's a hard thing to pin point. I've found that you can get microstutter from PCI cards - I have a wireless card in my PC, had to disable it due to it causing latency problems - triggering sound stuttering at intervals. Once disabled, all fixed. But yeah, trying a raw reformat and installing a benchmark - THEN installing the drivers in sequence and testing might be an idea.
Alessandro1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alessandro1001
I tried my pc in another place , also tried without connection . I also tried benchmark , and no stutter with benchmark And I didn't ever try to overclockr my CPU or gpu But with games still micro stutter
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

I tried my pc in another place , also tried without connection . I also tried benchmark , and no stutter with benchmark And I didn't ever try to overclockr my CPU or gpu But with games still micro stutterAlessandro1001

There may be a powersaving feature that is throttling your cpu, and or gpu.

Benchmarks usually flood those things open, which is maybe why you don't get the stutter of in the benchmarks, but in a real-time game, there may be area's where not much is going on, and your gpu/and or cpu could be throttling back and forth.

Have you tried updating all your drivers? not just for the gpu.

Have you tried it at a different house? May be a power problem, before it reaches your pc.

Are you the only one where you live that gets on the computer?

Alessandro1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alessandro1001

[QUOTE="Alessandro1001"]I tried my pc in another place , also tried without connection . I also tried benchmark , and no stutter with benchmark And I didn't ever try to overclockr my CPU or gpu But with games still micro stutterLach0121

There may be a powersaving feature that is throttling your cpu, and or gpu.

Benchmarks usually flood those things open, which is maybe why you don't get the stutter of in the benchmarks, but in a real-time game, there may be area's where not much is going on, and your gpu/and or cpu could be throttling back and forth.

Have you tried updating all your drivers? not just for the gpu.

Have you tried it at a different house? May be a power problem, before it reaches your pc.

Are you the only one where you live that gets on the computer?

I tried my pc in retail technical , still the same , also no body of my neighbour play games , My pc is very normal when I use it for office work , or browsing Borderlands 2 have no stutter at all , crysis 2 have little stutter , but all other game with micro stutter like Dragon age 2 Hitman Sleeping dogs Skyrim Rage Dead island
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#8 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I began having bad micro stutters when I played Far Cry 3. Tried everything to fix it but didn't work. Found out that the inside of my desktop computer was very dusty, especially the processor fans. Because the dust acts as an insulating blanket, the processor overheats and causes slowdowns. Maybe give that a go and see if it helps.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lach0121

I began having bad micro stutters when I played Far Cry 3. Tried everything to fix it but didn't work. Found out that the inside of my desktop computer was very dusty, especially the processor fans. Because the dust acts as an insulating blanket, the processor overheats and causes slowdowns. Maybe give that a go and see if it helps.

mhofever

Could be a thermal, or air flow issue. It never hurts to clean out your pc every now and then.

OP, You can download many of a free tempature program/application to have running in teh background when you have these games up and running.

Does this happen when the games first start up, or does it take a few seconds/minutes?

Alessandro1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alessandro1001
The stutter start with the game start , and even if we say its from dust or something , why the same issues happen to me in my brother new pc ?? I also tried program's to watch the heat and it was normal
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lach0121

The stutter start with the game start , and even if we say its from dust or something , why the same issues happen to me in my brother new pc ?? I also tried program's to watch the heat and it was normal Alessandro1001

Hmm, I think I have about exhausted my options of advice at this point.

Alessandro1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alessandro1001

[QUOTE="Alessandro1001"]The stutter start with the game start , and even if we say its from dust or something , why the same issues happen to me in my brother new pc ?? I also tried program's to watch the heat and it was normal Lach0121

You have right to say that , I'm now think to go back to my console , I really did every single think in this world . I give up
II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="Alessandro1001"]The stutter start with the game start , and even if we say its from dust or something , why the same issues happen to me in my brother new pc ?? I also tried program's to watch the heat and it was normal Alessandro1001

You have right to say that , I'm now think to go back to my console , I really did every single think in this world . I give up

you have my approval to go back to console gaming...

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Have you tried turning of v-sync in games as well forcing it off in the nvida control panel see if that helps and also disable any sort of fps limiting programs you have like dxtory installed.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lach0121

Have you tried turning of v-sync in games as well forcing it off in the nvida control panel see if that helps and also disable any sort of fps limiting programs you have like dxtory installed.

DJ_Headshot

Its a step that couldn't hurt honestly.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Try new drivers, reformat computer, do a defrag.

If none of those help could be hardware

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="Alessandro1001"]The stutter start with the game start , and even if we say its from dust or something , why the same issues happen to me in my brother new pc ?? I also tried program's to watch the heat and it was normal Alessandro1001

PC Gaming is obviously not for you if you give up so fast..

Ive actually had less isues with my PC the last 6 years then I have my 360 and ps3.

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts

[QUOTE="Alessandro1001"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

kozzy1234

Ive actually had less isues with my PC the last 6 years then I have my 360 and ps3.

This..100% this, exactly what i was trying to say in more funny way. I actually think this is a troll post from begining, I mean you have built an asus rampage 3 680 gtx I7 990x processor ssd 240 gband can't figure out your problem then outright leave all that equipment and invesment and say you wanna go back to $200 gaming console? yea I smell Trolling.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lach0121

I wasn't really hinting at you going back to console, I play consoles, but I can never give up my pc.

I was just saying that I don't think I can help you much more. If I had the problem first hand, I could do a lot more steps, and research. But kinda hard like this lol.

Alessandro1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Alessandro1001

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="Alessandro1001"] You have right to say that , I'm now think to go back to my console , I really did every single think in this world . I give up II-Siamak-II

This..100% this, exactly what i was trying to say in more funny way. I actually think this is a troll post from begining, I mean you have built an asus rampage 3 680 gtx I7 990x processor ssd 240 gband can't figure out your problem then outright leave all that equipment and invesment and say you wanna go back to $200 gaming console? yea I smell Trolling.

So now you say it's troll , who told I'm trying to solve this problems from yesterday or something , this problems from 2 months , and everyday I spend my all time , hours and hours , to do what I can , believe me , I went to many techs , I ask many friends , I build my pc in 2011 with 6990 and in 2012 I buy 680 , and after 2 months this problems start . And when I say I give up on my pc , that doesn't mean I will just throw my pc like garbage , I mean I will go back to consol for Temporary . Guys it's just saying from something you tired from , And yes , I'm not and old fan in pc gameing , like I say I starts playing pc just 2 years ago , and if I build like this big pc doesn't mean I have experience in everything
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Alessandro1001

. So now you say it's troll , who told I'm trying to solve this problems from yesterday or something , this problems from 2 months , and everyday I spend my all time , hours and hours , to do what I can , believe me , I went to many techs , I ask many friends , I build my pc in 2011 with 6990 and in 2012 I buy 680 , and after 2 months this problems start .

Have you posted this in PC hardware forum? I'm sure the PCH forum goers could help you with it

Wensing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wensing
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Ok,

Download the MSI Afterburner and set the frame limit to 60 FPS, if it dont work try 59 FPS (disable V-Sync in game).

If you still get stutter, update the bios of your VGA and Motherboard.

Have you tried to install your VGA in some of your friend's PC?? If not, try it and see if it still stutter.

If it all don't work, I think it is time to contact the manufacture of your VGA and try to replace it for a new one.

Just one more thing. Did you make a clean install when you updated the nvidia driver??

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

download latencymon, see what dpc latency is like. If there are any major problems it usually gives a hint at what is happening.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
I actually had a similar situation, turns out my cpu was overheating due to dust on the heatsink. Everytime I would start up a game, after a few minutes, it would start to chug. Took me a while to figure out what was wrong, but after cleaning the heatsink, viola, fixed.
Phelaidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Phelaidar
Member since 2005 • 1533 Posts
Have you tried looking at your bios settings, as I told you? You could look also try unninstalling software that controls your cpu speed. I had a problem like that, I found out that while those softwares (or bios settings) try to save up energy without speed loss they tend to cause microstutter. After checking my cpu usage while gaming, the processor clock changed from full-speed to half-speed every two seconds or something... causing the game to stutter.
Alessandro1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Alessandro1001
1) yes I post my problems in Tom hardware , and I have only three answer , one of them was say : the lates drivers of nvidia and ati have stuttering and both nvidia and ati looking for solution 2) I try another VGA in my pc and it was the same 3) about the dust , my pc is very clean , and already removed the dust . 4) I check my Bios update , it was the last update . 5) and like I say , I fromat my pc and just install motherboard driver , gpu driver , steam and one game . 6) about msi I afterburner , yes thank very much , I limit my fps to 60 in hitman absolution and it work , it eliminates stutter , i feel happy , but it didn't work with the other games like dead island , skyrim , rage . maybe because it first time to me in using this software and I'm not using it so well , i will try to do some work in this software , I have good feeling about this . Thank you guys , I will back again And tell you about the result . And sorry about my English .
Wensing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wensing

1) yes I post my problems in Tom hardware , and I have only three answer , one of them was say : the lates drivers of nvidia and ati have stuttering and both nvidia and ati looking for solution 2) I try another VGA in my pc and it was the same 3) about the dust , my pc is very clean , and already removed the dust . 4) I check my Bios update , it was the last update . 5) and like I say , I fromat my pc and just install motherboard driver , gpu driver , steam and one game . 6) about msi I afterburner , yes thank very much , I limit my fps to 60 in hitman absolution and it work , it eliminates stutter , i feel happy , but it didn't work with the other games like dead island , skyrim , rage . maybe because it first time to me in using this software and I'm not using it so well , i will try to do some work in this software , I have good feeling about this . Thank you guys , I will back again And tell you about the result . And sorry about my English .Alessandro1001

Yes, limiting the frame rate with MSI Afterburner don't solve all the problem. Depends on the game.

Try to desable MSAA or Post FX, try even run the game on DX9. Also try to set the frame buffer to 3 or higher.

A drastic solutions would be also try to set the frame limit to 30.

Good luck with the other games.

Alessandro1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alessandro1001

[QUOTE="Alessandro1001"]1) yes I post my problems in Tom hardware , and I have only three answer , one of them was say : the lates drivers of nvidia and ati have stuttering and both nvidia and ati looking for solution 2) I try another VGA in my pc and it was the same 3) about the dust , my pc is very clean , and already removed the dust . 4) I check my Bios update , it was the last update . 5) and like I say , I fromat my pc and just install motherboard driver , gpu driver , steam and one game . 6) about msi I afterburner , yes thank very much , I limit my fps to 60 in hitman absolution and it work , it eliminates stutter , i feel happy , but it didn't work with the other games like dead island , skyrim , rage . maybe because it first time to me in using this software and I'm not using it so well , i will try to do some work in this software , I have good feeling about this . Thank you guys , I will back again And tell you about the result . And sorry about my English .Wensing

Yes, limiting the frame rate with MSI Afterburner don't solve all the problem. Depends on the game.

Try to desable MSAA or Post FX, try even run the game on DX9. Also try to set the frame buffer to 3 or higher.

Thank you , but If some games work with msi afterburner and some not , Is that mean there is no problems in my system ?
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
1) yes I post my problems in Tom hardware , and I have only three answer , one of them was say : the lates drivers of nvidia and ati have stuttering and both nvidia and ati looking for solution .Alessandro1001
This is my experience. All of the 310.xx drivers have microstutter on my machine. They are working fine for some others here though so it may or may not be what's causing it for you.
Wensing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wensing

[QUOTE="Wensing"]

[QUOTE="Alessandro1001"]1) yes I post my problems in Tom hardware , and I have only three answer , one of them was say : the lates drivers of nvidia and ati have stuttering and both nvidia and ati looking for solution 2) I try another VGA in my pc and it was the same 3) about the dust , my pc is very clean , and already removed the dust . 4) I check my Bios update , it was the last update . 5) and like I say , I fromat my pc and just install motherboard driver , gpu driver , steam and one game . 6) about msi I afterburner , yes thank very much , I limit my fps to 60 in hitman absolution and it work , it eliminates stutter , i feel happy , but it didn't work with the other games like dead island , skyrim , rage . maybe because it first time to me in using this software and I'm not using it so well , i will try to do some work in this software , I have good feeling about this . Thank you guys , I will back again And tell you about the result . And sorry about my English .Alessandro1001

Thank you , but If some games work with msi afterburner and some not , Is that mean there is no problems in my system ?

Most of the times is a "Driver X Game" problem. It more about luck than hardware.

I have 2x R7870 in CrossFire. I was having a lot of stutter problem in Far Cry 3, after a long search on the internet I found out that if i use BioShock CrossFire Profile for Far Cry 3 it would solve the stutter. I just did it and now the game is perfect.

Also, people says that Skyrim have a lot of stutter problem with AMD CrossFire, and I dont have any stutter problem with my CrossFire.

So you cant know why some people have stutter problem and others don't. What you can do is try the best settings for your RIG.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lach0121

I hear the Nvidia 310.xx drivers cause stuttering in a lot of games.

A lot of people have reverted back to using prior ones.

Try rolling your drivers back I run on 306 (I think, with very little issue)

Also not every driver works well with every game. I can almost promise you that every driver has a game that has conflicts with it somewhere.

The newest Nvidia drivers seem to have a wider range of games that it has effected performance in a negative way, one of hte most common reports of the 310.xx drivers is the stuttering, even if the game is at 60fps.

geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

Only way to figure this out is by eliminating. IF you have the possibility, try a different video card, if that doesn't work a MOBO, etc. etc.

turnin2nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 turnin2nerd
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
For the last 3 days ive been trying to figure out a solution to this also. I'm having the same problem. From what i see on google, the most common denominator is windows 7 x64 and i7 processor which i also have. Ive tried different driver cominations and other things b4 i completely redid my hard drive to factory state. The type of stutters im having doesnt seem to be video problem since the framerate doesnt drop and the sound skips or loops when it happens. ive tried disabling my sound device completely and it had no effect. The dpc checker shows absolutely no difference when the stutters happen, i dont know if its just not a good program or it doesnt notice cuz its like the whole system is freezing for a split second. all my hardware temperatures are good and the inside of my pc is clean. Im going to install xp on another hard drive and try it out on this system. my old crappy rig with win xp ran smoother than this just with alot lower framerate, something is seriously wrong. im kinda thinking its the combination of win7x64 and/or the drivers it has to use plus the i7 processor that has somehow been overlooked. or possibly directx11. if it is any of these hopefully they arent crappy for windows xp too. i will let you know how it goes. i was excited when i found this, but sadly it had no effect for me, maybe it will help u. http://ultimatecomputers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3644
geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

I use an I7 on win 7 X64 and have no problems whatsoever. Also, all my gaming friends use this as the core setup and again, no one has a problem. I doubt it has anything to do with I7 on X64.

Alessandro1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Alessandro1001
[QUOTE="turnin2nerd"]For the last 3 days ive been trying to figure out a solution to this also. I'm having the same problem. From what i see on google, the most common denominator is windows 7 x64 and i7 processor which i also have. Ive tried different driver cominations and other things b4 i completely redid my hard drive to factory state. The type of stutters im having doesnt seem to be video problem since the framerate doesnt drop and the sound skips or loops when it happens. ive tried disabling my sound device completely and it had no effect. The dpc checker shows absolutely no difference when the stutters happen, i dont know if its just not a good program or it doesnt notice cuz its like the whole system is freezing for a split second. all my hardware temperatures are good and the inside of my pc is clean. Im going to install xp on another hard drive and try it out on this system. my old crappy rig with win xp ran smoother than this just with alot lower framerate, something is seriously wrong. im kinda thinking its the combination of win7x64 and/or the drivers it has to use plus the i7 processor that has somehow been overlooked. or possibly directx11. if it is any of these hopefully they arent crappy for windows xp too. i will let you know how it goes. i was excited when i found this, but sadly it had no effect for me, maybe it will help u. http://ultimatecomputers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3644

Thank you for sharing me your problems and I wish to you best luck , I'm using now afterburner for my games that I have micro stutter . and I will post my results soon .
justinone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 justinone
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Same problem here. tried absolutely everything as OP. games like CS:GO, RO2 are fine as are strategy games. everything else ONLY in multiplayer gets horrific microstutter its completely unplayable. The strange thing is sometimes if i join a game its gone, then next map loads and its there again. i had this in BF3 until i set max fps to 59.95 and it stopped it then. crysis 2, BC2, MOH all microstutter like mad, and its not just connected to 1 pc. my other older pc also does the microstuttering. my only guess is thats it internet related and i've rang countless times and even changed my provider to try and stop this but it carry's on. had to put up with this for nearly a year now. running 6950x2 i7 3770k 8gb win764x
Etlej1810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Etlej1810
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
If you still have Kaspersky, get rid of it and get a free antivirus. Kaspersky slows down even the most powerful pc's on the planet, like mine for example, brand new and it slows it down. Got rid of Kaspersky, now have Avast Internet Security, problem fixed, I had stuttering in every game I played as long as Kaspersky was installed, soon as I got rid of it and got something else, the stuttering stopped.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#38 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

All my games have micro stutter ?? Alessandro1001
I don't know, I've never used your PC.