All My Games Crash To Desktop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cloud_7
Member since 2004 • 1248 Posts

All my games were working fine, then i installed assassin's creed and it started crashing around 5-10 minutes into the game. Then i tried the other games which worked fine before and they started crashing around 5-10 minutes into the game. I got a ati hd 4870 recently and when i got it it played stuff fine without crashes, but now its crashing every game. My temps for the card at load is 53C for the max, which is really cool for the card, so i wouldn't think its overheating issues. I had a slight overclock, so i ran it back to default and still crashed. Then i roll back the drivers to 9.8 instead and still had the same issue. I just can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes i'll get blue screens from it to, but mostly ctd.

Avatar image for UltimateGamer95
UltimateGamer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 UltimateGamer95
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts

All my games were working fine, then i installed assassin's creed and it started crashing around 5-10 minutes into the game. Then i tried the other games which worked fine before and they started crashing around 5-10 minutes into the game. I got a ati hd 4870 recently and when i got it it played stuff fine without crashes, but now its crashing every game. My temps for the card at load is 53C for the max, which is really cool for the card, so i wouldn't think its overheating issues. I had a slight overclock, so i ran it back to default and still crashed. Then i roll back the drivers to 9.8 instead and still had the same issue. I just can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes i'll get blue screens from it to, but mostly ctd.

Cloud_7
What is your CPU temp?
rronqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rronqe
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
Check you RAM. How old is your PC?
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts

See if Windows took a system restore before the installation of the game. If it did restore back to that date. If not, check if there's a driver update for the video card (from AMD).

AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 AFraud
Member since 2004 • 1500 Posts

What kind of PSU do you have? Sounds like an inadequate power supply.

Cloud_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cloud_7

At the most my cpu gets to around 55c, my ram is around 9 months old, power supply is a 700w ocz. I will attempt the system restore and get back to you guys.

Thanks for the help so far.

Cloud_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cloud_7

If i reformat my hard drive and save the stuff in the my documents folder, will it get rid of the problem if its software issue. Just wondering if i can save the stuff in the my documents folder while doing the process.

Sorry if i'm confusing, what i meant was over write another windows xp os on it and have it save my documents.

Also does anyone happen to now where the logitech z cinema drivers are. Whenever i look for them they always say download driver utility to obtain them.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
you could repair windows
Cloud_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cloud_7

Well after all that nonsense i figured out that the ram slots for the first 2 didn't work properly. I installed them into the the second two and no more crashes. Its weird my computer was freezing before until i moved them to the second slots. Then i moved them back and problems again and now just switched them again and it works. Would there be a reason why the first two dimms are unstable?